Did Frazier do enough?

Anything accomplished against that patchwork defense will mean squat come September. We've been hearing good stuff about King Frazier for awhile now. May come a day he earns some real snaps, but I just don't see how it's possible that he'll be a major factor with Newby, Taylor, Cross, and Ameer--all of whom are physically more impressive--giving us a quality four-back rotation. I do wonder how much playbook and pass blocking might alter this conversation, though.

It didn't seem like Spring Game told us much this year. It wasn't exactly dull, but with so many guys sidelined and so many of the question marks not set to arrive until summer, there's just not much to be gleaned from that performance. Except Alonzo Moore is going to eat secondaries alive someday soon.

A lot of you are under-estimating AT's football IQ. I'm gonna tell you right now, he will play and he will play a ton.

Ez-E, why do you place AT before Newby? I'm not saying I disagree - just wondering about your perspective - what you see. We were having this same conversation when Green, Heard, and AA came into the fold. Only AA remains. I remember some predicted that AA would be the best back - I wasn't so sure. With today's egos (kids wanting to be THE BACK), I wonder if both AT and Newby stay long term - if they both can get meaningful time. or if one pulls a Green and leaves.

If our discussion holds true, then Frazier will be the odd man out. AA, AT, Newby, Cross getting the snaps. Can't see us having a 5 back rotation.

Because he's a better back and more ready to play. I also expect AT (injury free) to play a lot. Maybe as much as AA by mid season. Cross might be 3 or 4 and KF will be around 4.

Anything accomplished against that patchwork defense will mean squat come September. We've been hearing good stuff about King Frazier for awhile now. May come a day he earns some real snaps, but I just don't see how it's possible that he'll be a major factor with Newby, Taylor, Cross, and Ameer--all of whom are physically more impressive--giving us a quality four-back rotation. I do wonder how much playbook and pass blocking might alter this conversation, though.

It didn't seem like Spring Game told us much this year. It wasn't exactly dull, but with so many guys sidelined and so many of the question marks not set to arrive until summer, there's just not much to be gleaned from that performance. Except Alonzo Moore is going to eat secondaries alive someday soon.

It was also the way they split up the teams. We never got to see that 1 vs 1 and so on.

Adam Taylor is the more polished back. He's college ready from a town that football is a religion. Newby is a phenomenal football player, however based on his style of play, I think it will take Newby longer to adjust to college ball.

Interesting to see people place Adam Taylor ahead of Terrell Newby. Why is that, specifically? I've seen people say that he's "better," more "polished," and more "college-ready," but nothing specific. I'm no expert and have no expert connections, but on film Newby looks to have better speed, burst, and he looks to be more elusive. Taylor looks bigger and stronger, but he doesn't appear to go into contact any more aggressively than Newby does - he just dances less. Newby definitely dances, but not like Jamal Turner did - he dances and gets the heck upfield.

I could buy that Taylor is a little more patient, but other than that, what's the difference? Both of them look decisive and both of them look like they need to get lower to the ground. I'd also say that Taylor looks like a more typical Big Ten back while Newby looks like he would flourish at Oregon, but I don't know why he couldn't have great success in Nebraska's offense too. What else are you seeing?

Interesting to see people place Adam Taylor ahead of Terrell Newby. Why is that, specifically? I've seen people say that he's "better," more "polished," and more "college-ready," but nothing specific. I'm no expert and have no expert connections, but on film Newby looks to have better speed, burst, and he looks to be more elusive. Taylor looks bigger and stronger, but he doesn't appear to go into contact any more aggressively than Newby does - he just dances less. Newby definitely dances, but not like Jamal Turner did - he dances and gets the heck upfield.

I could buy that Taylor is a little more patient, but other than that, what's the difference? Both of them look decisive and both of them look like they need to get lower to the ground. I'd also say that Taylor looks like a more typical Big Ten back while Newby looks like he would flourish at Oregon, but I don't know why he couldn't have great success in Nebraska's offense too. What else are you seeing?

I'm seeing Terrell Newby as a hell of a back, but I'm also seeing a guy who was the best athlete on the field every game he played and was very reliant on that athleticism. Taylor wasn't as reliant on his athleticism as Newby; thus being the more polished back. Newby will have to adjust to everyone being comparable athletes to him. Thus; taking him a tad longer.

Red shirt one or both. Not enough carries for all of them. Run two back sets most downs, and mix them with power and speed, mix again for passing downs. This is a nice problem to have. Beck and Bo have to figure how to keep them ready & happy, to step in when called on and give that effort. Just hope they all stick around for the long haul. Taylor & Newby / Rozier and Craig. Could be down the road......

Red shirt one or both. Not enough carries for all of them. Run two back sets most downs, and mix them with power and speed, mix again for passing downs. This is a nice problem to have. Beck and Bo have to figure how to keep them ready & happy, to step in when called on and give that effort. Just hope they all stick around for the long haul. Taylor & Newby / Rozier and Craig. Could be down the road......

Neither will red shirt. My bold prediction is that the running back depth chart will look like this come BIG play:

1a) Abdullah

1b) Taylor

2) Newby

3) Cross

Neither will red shirt. My bold prediction is that the running back depth chart will look like this come BIG play:

1a) Abdullah

1b) Taylor

2) Newby

3) Cross

After thinking about how well we have been recruiting, I agree, that neither will probably RS. We won't waste a year of not having a scholarship available, when we can get the talent here to replace these kids when they, either leave for the NFL or graduate. There is a chance that one will take the option, if the think they won't see the field much, but they won't take the RS if they will get a decent amount of snaps. With all these backs, it adds a TON of versatility for our offense. The defense will have to be prepared for 4 outstanding backs, rather than 1 or 2.