Brion Carnes to transfer at end of semester

Sad. Wish him the best of luck.

In a 2011 interview with the World-Herald, current Ohio State coach Urban Meyer said he looked at Carnes while coaching at Florida.

“Fine player,” Meyer said. “He's a guy that gets you out of a bad play. That's one of the things we look for in a quarterback. When things break down, can he get your offense out of a bad play? And he's got the ability to do that.”

http://www.omaha.com...end-of-semester

So how much eligibility does Carnes have? I'm too lazy to look it up and figure it out, but if he transfers before this season starts then he will have two years to play yet correct?

I'm actually happy for the guy. He should be a QB. He's a damn good one in my opinion. I'm kind of interested to see him get a shot somewhere. I will definitely follow his progress wherever he ends up. He probably should have left last year but he tried to keep his commitment to this program. Good luck to him in the future, but damn, it's hard to watch Heard and Carnes both walk away from this program. Both of those kids are Division 1 starters at any school in the country in my opinion.

• Fire 2

In a 2011 interview with the World-Herald, current Ohio State coach Urban Meyer said he looked at Carnes while coaching at Florida.

“Fine player,” Meyer said. “He's a guy that gets you out of a bad play. That's one of the things we look for in a quarterback. When things break down, can he get your offense out of a bad play? And he's got the ability to do that.”

guess it's time for a new avatar...

guess it's time for a new avatar...

Yeah. Remember that time you had that sig of slaughtered horse and then the pony posse died?

Me too.

True, I mentioned in a status update discussion that he should have 2 left. But someone else said since he redshirted already that his sit out year will count against his eligibility, meaning he would only have 1 year to play. But I dont know for sure myself.

if he transfers to another fbs school he will sit one year then can play the second. if he transfers down to fcs or lower he gets to play both.

• 2 weeks later...