The worst NFL Draft for Nebraska since... ?

IF (very big IF) Abdullah has a monster year. Does he declare early and if so where would he go?

Id say he would be in the 4-6 rounds. He's undersized like the Oregon RB that went this year only way slower. And he went in the sixth I believe. Does anyone think Ameer can get to 210 and not lose speed. Cause I don't see many feature backs in the NFL that play at 195.

IF (very big IF) Abdullah has a monster year. Does he declare early and if so where would he go?

If he wants to play, he'd be best declaring me thinks...

Adam Taylor and Newby... still think those will be our top 2...

Abdullah will stay and will play. He would benefit from staying and playing to prove his size doesn't represent a durability issue. Most NFL scouts will want to see him take a lot of snaps over an entire career. If he wants to be an undrafted free agent he could leave. I don't see who would throw a pick on him without knowing he could endure his four year college career.

Taylor and Newby might be studs. I do expect them to take some snaps early. But don't be fooled, I expect them to take snaps early because we are lacking depth and are desperate at RB. Not only do we want one of them to step up immediately, we NEED at least one of them to. Imani Cross will be Abdullahs biggest push for playing time. Not Newby or Taylor. If this staff had done Braylon Heard justice, Taylor and Newby would both be taking red shirts and having a seat on the sideline this year. Don't let the stars beside their name on Rivals dazzle you too much.

Abdullah will stay and will play. He would benefit from staying and playing to prove his size doesn't represent a durability issue. Most NFL scouts will want to see him take a lot of snaps over an entire career. If he wants to be an undrafted free agent he could leave. I don't see who would throw a pick on him without knowing he could endure his four year college career.

Taylor and Newby might be studs. I do expect them to take some snaps early. But don't be fooled, I expect them to take snaps early because we are lacking depth and are desperate at RB. Not only do we want one of them to step up immediately, we NEED at least one of them to. Imani Cross will be Abdullahs biggest push for playing time. Not Newby or Taylor. If this staff had done Braylon Heard justice, Taylor and Newby would both be taking red shirts and having a seat on the sideline this year. Don't let the stars beside their name on Rivals dazzle you too much.

Declaring Imani Cross the only guy that will push Ameer is about as ridiculous as those of us declaring one of the true Frosh RBs as the eventual number 2. We can only let it play out.

With a solid RB corps behind him, Ameer could go back to being the blazing fast return man who got our attention as a Freshman.

It would be nice to see him getting a few more receptions, too.

He doesn't add up as an every down back in the NFL, but he might make sense as a starting kick returner and situational back-up RB.

I think Ameer's numbers will stay about the same this year, and that might be a good thing if more backs with different styles are getting more touches.

It's a rare RB who can declare for the draft early. No slight to say Ameer's not that guy.

And I expect them to take snaps because they are both probably better than any back we've recruited in the past 6-8 years or so. Adam Taylor, specifically, has a B1G worthy body RIGHT now, and has more speed, shiftiness and is a flat out better runner than Imani.

Before Braylon decided to transfer, the RBs were told they would be given opportunities to play. Also, I don't pay much attention to rankings. What I do pay attention to is film and the competition they each played against.

Ameer will have his work cut out for him, he is lucky Bo favors the returning player. (Also, I may have worded it poorly, but I think Ameer would see drastically less carries his senior year as opposed to next year, not hardly any to none at all.)

Bengals named Rex as their #1 RB for next year.

http://sportige.com/...g-back-05-2013/

I have a lot of confidence in Burkhead, but I will believe it when I see it.

Agreed. This seems like the kind of thing you'd say to light a fire under your higher draft pick and incumbent RB. Kinda like Bo heaping praise on the team during Spring practices, then having a freak-out moment where everyone is terrible and everything is broken. Then magically at the end of Spring they did all right.

Although if Rex does earn the start I think he'll shock some people. If he stays healthy he could turn out to be the steal of the draft.

You guys think this years draft eligible huskers was thin, wait till next year!

Next years draft eligible players are Taylor Martinez, Quincy Eunuwa, Ciante Evans, Jamal Turner, Kenny Bell, Andrew Green, Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Cole Pensick, Jason Ankrah, Josh Mitchell, Ameer Abdullah, Harvey Jackson, Corey Cooper, Zaire Anderson, & Mo Seisay.

In my opinion, each of those guys will or will have a chance to play a very consistent role in the success of our play next year. Of those guys, I think Z.Anderson, J.Turner, A.Abdullah, K.Bell, SJB, C.Evans, definitely have want it takes to be draft in at least one of the 7 rounds. All I think could possibly get a FA contract or at least get to a mini camp/practice squad. I don't see any of the Jrs. opting to go early though. This staff has done a pretty good job of keeping our upperclassmen around to serve a strong presence as a Sr.

Why do you say it's a big IF......Ameer has shown he's just as capable to be a star back as any on this team. And he did it as a sophomore. If he holds on to the ball, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get up into the 1400 mark by the end of the season being the feature back. 1400 is pretty high if Cross/Newby/Taylor become more involved in the offense than previous back ups (Heard/Green/Robinson/Abduallah (Fr)/Cross (Fr)). But I don't doubt he can break the 1000 mark. He's slightly faster than Burkhead, has the same drive/will, and is just as elusive.

WHEN he has a big year, he will stay for his senior season

Next years draft eligible players are Taylor Martinez, Quincy Eunuwa, Ciante Evans, Jamal Turner, Kenny Bell, Andrew Green, Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Cole Pensick, Jason Ankrah, Josh Mitchell, Ameer Abdullah, Harvey Jackson, Corey Cooper, Zaire Anderson, & Mo Seisay.

In my opinion, each of those guys will or will have a chance to play a very consistent role in the success of our play next year. Of those guys, I think Z.Anderson, J.Turner, A.Abdullah, K.Bell, SJB, C.Evans, definitely have want it takes to be draft in at least one of the 7 rounds. All I think could possibly get a FA contract or at least get to a mini camp/practice squad. I don't see any of the Jrs. opting to go early though. This staff has done a pretty good job of keeping our upperclassmen around to serve a strong presence as a Sr.

Yeah, not counting the juniors, I don't see it. SJB has all the measurables, but is still raw. Ciante maybe, a bit undersized though. Zaire has the potential, this is a big year for him. Has to prove it on a consistent basis and stay healthy. Same with Mo. Cooper and Jackson need breakout years, and if they are so draft eligible then they should have been getting a better look last year. We all know next years draft for us fans will revolve around where Tmart goes and at what position. I've never seen the "it" from Green. Solid contributor but too often I see the back of his jersey in games.

Edit: forgot Zaire got his junior year back.

Id say he would be in the 4-6 rounds. He's undersized like the Oregon RB that went this year only way slower. And he went in the sixth I believe. Does anyone think Ameer can get to 210 and not lose speed. Cause I don't see many feature backs in the NFL that play at 195.

I think it all depends on how each team uses their back. C.J. Spiller/Chris Johnson/Jamaal Charles all are in the 195-200 range and each of those guys were in the top 10 rushing last season. Given each of those guys are lightening fast (all running a 4.3 or better), makes me refer to reality on this and agree, 4-6 round would be about where he could go, maybe even 7th, but he will most likely return for his Sr. season and make a case for his draft stock.

Yeah, not counting the juniors, I don't see it. SJB has all the measurables, but is still raw. Ciante maybe, a bit undersized though. Zaire has the potential, this is a big year for him. Has to prove it on a consistent basis and stay healthy. Same with Mo. Cooper and Jackson need breakout years, and if they are so draft eligible then they should have been getting a better look last year. We all know next years draft for us fans will revolve around where Tmart goes and at what position. I've never seen the "it" from Green. Solid contributor but too often I see the back of his jersey in games.

Edit: forgot Zaire got his junior year back.

I can't disagree on anything in this post. Not counting the Jrs.

-SJB.....IMO, is the most athletic of the group but seems to be struggling a bit on playing the position. I think if he can get over that hump this season, he could be a steal for a team. Remember he's only been playing CB for two years.

-C.Evan......he used to be the cause of majority of the curse words that were apart of my speech during the 2011 season. I felt like every time a blown coverage occurred that season, then I seen #17 chasing behind him. This could be do to the position coach and the techniques that he was teaching (remember even A.Denard wasn't comfortable with his techniques). 2012 Evans was one of the better players in the secondary. He's a big part of why Northwestern's QB/WR Kain Colter did have a career day this year. He also was the spy for Michigan's shoelace playmaker. Evans, if he continues to make strides can easily be a 4-5 round pick maybe even better

-Zaire......yes, he was able to get a year back. I loved what I saw in the two weeks we got to see him. Our defense would have definitely been a better unit with him on field. If he stays healthy, I have no doubt he could be one of the good ones we remember for some time. I do hope he chooses to come back his Sr. year.

-M.Seisay.....I loved the film on him when we recruited him and he gain early praise from his teammates and coaches. The injury kept husker fans who weren't able to view a workout in Lincoln from really seeing what this kid really can do. I hope that he is 100% come August and he plays lights out.

-Cooper/Jackson....both have a year to build from ground 0, IMO. They have been in the system and consistently have been looked over at each of the two safety positions. Cooper is a disappointment to me. I really expected him to be a more prominent weapon on the defense by now. He was one of the jewels in the 2010 class, IMO. I hope this season he can really step out and leave a mark, setting a bar from the young guys coming in.