The worst NFL Draft for Nebraska since... ?

I was just thinking about this. Enunwa is a big body and a solid perimeter blocker with good hands. I'm not sure of his speed but off the top of my head he seems like a 4.5 guy. Seisay has a shot, maybe Rodriguez off of the line, but he has to have a pretty big season. Rodriguez has been up and down. Martinez is easily the most notorious player on the offense but he's not an NFL QB and won't be drafted as such. From an athletic stand point, however, he has potential if he has a big season. That said, Crouch was a 3rd round pick at WR and he was a Heisman winner, so it'll be interesting to see what happens with Martinez.

Here's my 2014 predictions:

~Spencer Long - Rounds 2-4 - If he stays healthy and has another good year like we've seen from him the past 2 years.

~Taylor Martinez - Rounds 4-7 - Probably won't be drafted as a QB, but with his speed, somebody will take a chance on him

~Quincy Enunwa - Rounds 6-FA - With a pretty good WR class next year, QE will need to run a good 40 time in order to get drafted. Obviously has good size and excellent blocking ability, but if he can run in 4.4s-low 4.5s it will help him greatly.

~Mo Seisay - Rounds 6-FA - Mo is the wildcard of NU's 2014 draft class. Since he's only been here 1 year and was injured for a lot of it, we haven't seen Mo to his full ability yet. He has great size and good speed (NFL teams will love his size), and with a good senior year he could move up quickly to the mid-rounds of the draft or even higher.

~Ciante Evans - Rounds 6-FA - Not sure what the NFL prospects for Ciante will be. Has shown to be a very good nickel back at times, but has also been inconsistent. If he continues to make good strides his senior year, there's a good chance he could get drafted.

Then there are the guys that will have to improve significantly in order to get drafted: Jason Ankrah, Brent Qvale, Jeremiah Sirles, Andrew Rodriguez, Stanley Jean-Baptiste (if he gets the CB position figured out, with that size-look out), Andrew Green, Jake Long, Thad Randle could all get FA deals and mini-camp invites

Here's my 2014 predictions:

~Spencer Long - Rounds 2-4 - If he stays healthy and has another good year like we've seen from him the past 2 years.

~Taylor Martinez - Rounds 4-7 - Probably won't be drafted as a QB, but with his speed, somebody will take a chance on him

~Quincy Enunwa - Rounds 6-FA - With a pretty good WR class next year, QE will need to run a good 40 time in order to get drafted. Obviously has good size and excellent blocking ability, but if he can run in 4.4s-low 4.5s it will help him greatly.

~Mo Seisay - Rounds 6-FA - Mo is the wildcard of NU's 2014 draft class. Since he's only been here 1 year and was injured for a lot of it, we haven't seen Mo to his full ability yet. He has great size and good speed (NFL teams will love his size), and with a good senior year he could move up quickly to the mid-rounds of the draft or even higher.

~Ciante Evans - Rounds 6-FA - Not sure what the NFL prospects for Ciante will be. Has shown to be a very good nickel back at times, but has also been inconsistent. If he continues to make good strides his senior year, there's a good chance he could get drafted.

Then there are the guys that will have to improve significantly in order to get drafted: Jason Ankrah, Brent Qvale, Jeremiah Sirles, Andrew Rodriguez, Stanley Jean-Baptiste (if he gets the CB position figured out, with that size-look out), Andrew Green, Jake Long, Thad Randle could all get FA deals and mini-camp invites

Isnt Spencer only gonna be a junior? But yeah I agree with most of you predictions. I think Mo has the most to gain with a great year. His size and speed could move him way up the board. I think SJB might go back to offense in the NFL with that size and speed. Andew Greens tape will keep him from getting drafted. Our Oline is just average IMO with the exception of Spencer. Q has measurables that every team wants, but his 40 time will literally be a million dollars per tenth of a second. Run a 4.6 or higher and good bye draft. Shock the world an run something like a 4.45--4.5 and hello payday. His physicality. Could be an Andre Johnson like WR.

This might be controversial to say since the consensus of HuskerBoard is that our offensive line is sooo turrrble, but we'll likely have 3 offensive linemen drafted next year. I know! I know! But hear me out:

This might come as a shock, but I've seen at least a couple scouting sites list Qvale and Sirles in their top 20 OTs for the 2014 class - they're on the radar of many NFL scouts. If each improves just a little bit in pass blocking this season, they'll be drafted for sure.

Right now, I'd say they're both easily better than Marcel Jones, and he was drafted.

IF (very big IF) Abdullah has a monster year. Does he declare early and if so where would he go?

First of all, for him to go he would have to be unconcious all year and end up with 1800+ yards and 25+ TD's. Even then it depends on what they did in the post season. If they make it to the CCG and lose, i'd have to think he would be back...

Fowler,

Coaching and Player Development can definitely be two different things, if you're talking coaching in terms of scheme, playcalling, etc. There's a difference between A) turning a mediocre player into a good player and B) putting mediocre players in positions where they can get the most out of their limited abilities. In that respect, I think this draft pretty clearly showed a lack of development of individual players, yet a scheme effective enough to allow these players to have success as a group.