Huskers NOT in SI Post Spring Power Rankings

MSU will lose once again when they come into Lincoln. I can't even fathom how he has them so high. There offense was pathetic with Bell and now he's not even there. Sure there good defense only means we will score 30 on them instead of 45 like most of our other opponents this year. I hope he eats his crow when we are 12-0 #3 headed into the BIG championship game

I just can't take Andy seriously....

Esp. with MSU at #14....that's craaaaaaaaaaaeee

You shouldn't. Last August, on The Scott Van Pelt show, he was asked who he seen winning the Legends and Michigan and Michigan State came out of his mouth so fast and in a manner as if we were not even an option, very dismissive. From that point on, I've found him very annoying.

We have been in the last four final top25's and we have a schedule where we're unlikely to do worse than 9-3. Due to our questions on D we should be towards the bottom of the top25 but we should definitely be on it.

It's incorrect that MSU had so much bad luck last season. They did have five close losses, but they also had four close wins. Plus their one big weapon on O is gone. They do have a little easier schedule and should have a solid team, could well make the top25, but they shouldn't be ranked above us.

Andy has never been a believer in Nebraska, Bo Pelini and/or Taylor Martinez. He has good reason for that opinion.

While several of those teams don't appear to me to be better than Nebraska in general, we have HUGE question marks on defense, and an offense that relies on a QB who leads D1A in turnovers the last three years. We could be a force or we could crumble like a house of cards.

I don't blame him for excluding Nebraska one bit. Honest appraisers of this team cannot be offended by not being included in a preseason Top 25.

boom. this post sums up my feelings of this year perfectly. i may refer back to it for later arguments.

staples is an idiot tho, and he is wrong.

he's actually been pretty fair to us in his weekly power rankings. I think he even called Martinez a "brilliant runner" or something along those lines a couple years ago. 1 month into the season he'll have us top 10 and come out with an article identifying us as the most dominant offense in the B1G and everyone will love him again :)

(found it)

Andy Staples has Nebraska ranked #6 in this week’s power rankings. Staples says, “Taylor Martinez’s brilliance running the zone-read option has Nebraska rising”

that was a long time ago though :)

staples is an idiot tho, and he is wrong.

he's actually been pretty fair to us in his weekly power rankings. I think he even called Martinez a "brilliant runner" or something along those lines a couple years ago. 1 month into the season he'll have us top 10 and come out with an article identifying us as the most dominant offense in the B1G and everyone will love him again :)

(found it)

Andy Staples has Nebraska ranked #6 in this week’s power rankings. Staples says, “Taylor Martinez’s brilliance running the zone-read option has Nebraska rising”

that was a long time ago though :)

We were in the top 10 in both polls, so it's not like he went out on a limb...

Andy has never been a believer in Nebraska, Bo Pelini and/or Taylor Martinez. He has good reason for that opinion.

While several of those teams don't appear to me to be better than Nebraska in general, we have HUGE question marks on defense, and an offense that relies on a QB who leads D1A in turnovers the last three years. We could be a force or we could crumble like a house of cards.

I don't blame him for excluding Nebraska one bit. Honest appraisers of this team cannot be offended by not being included in a preseason Top 25.

Heresy! Burn him at the stake!