So according to CBS Sports...

Yeah, I'm going to bet against MSU.

Their defense is stellar and Max Bullough is a great MLB. If their offense improves they could be a pretty good team. I just dont see it happening.

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. I just don't see it happening.

• Fire 2

10/05/13 at Iowa Hawkeyes (AWAY)

10/12/13 Indiana Hoosiers (HC) (HOME)

10/19/13 Purdue Boilermakers (HOME)

10/26/13 at Illinois Fighting Illini (AWAY)

11/02/13 Michigan Wolverines (HOME)

11/09/13 --- Open Date --- ---

11/16/13 at Nebraska Cornhuskers (AWAY)

11/23/13 at Northwestern Wildcats (HOME)

11/30/13 Minnesota Golden Gophers (HOME)

They have a favorable sched. Real favorable. We are Sparty's only tough road game. Still, Sparty need to grow an offense before they can win.

Their offense is a train wreck, only that a train wreck actually moves more than that offense will. MSU is going to need to keep opponents under 20 points most of the season, thats asking a hell of a lot. And the QB options they have wouldnt make the three deep here, or the two at NW, and maybe a backup at Mich.

A great argument can be made for any of Nebraska, Northwestern or Mich. I expect MSU to be about 4-4 in conference.

Why the love to Sparty? I have yet to understand it. They had one good season where they went to the CCG and lost, then beat Georgia and now everybody thinks they'll be consistently good?

Even when Kirk Cousins was their QB, they didn't have much of an offense. With Gholston and his teammates which made State's defense really difficult to score on gone, that offense is going to need to step up.

State is 3rd, maybe 4th best in the division.

• 2 weeks later...

No Bell, no offense.

Seriously, he accounted for everything that team could call an offense and had six 30+ carry games. State will be good, but they are not the favorite. Nebraska, Michigan, and Northwestern are the top picks.

They kind of are, though.

Replacing Bell is the main question, I think. He really WAS a beast in all the games where he was 100%.

I have no idea who is coming in to replace him. Without an equally threatening player where Bell was, I don't see it. Bell blew their game play wide open and kept most other teams on edge, uncertain what was coming next.

A related tangent: Did Johnathon Franklin graduate from UCLA? That guy ripped us up and down the field, and wherever he was, we had serious problems. We could argue about "missed tackles" but I imagine Franklin had a lot more to do with making people miss than with our guys being lax on the field.

Hope UCLA also has had trouble replacing Franklin. He was a terror. I think we were not ready either, meaning the team, to go full speed at that time of the season. Hopefully those things are better this year.

No Bell, no offense.

Seriously, he accounted for everything that team could call an offense and had six 30+ carry games. State will be good, but they are not the favorite. Nebraska, Michigan, and Northwestern are the top picks.

They were 3-5 in conference last year and fourth in our division. What have they improved or how has NU (four games ahead and beat them), Michigan (three games ahead and beat them) or Northwestern (two games ahead and beat them) gotten worse to make them the favorite?

No Bell, no offense.

They were 3-5 in conference last year and fourth in our division. What have they improved or how has NU (four games ahead and beat them), Michigan (three games ahead and beat them) or Northwestern (two games ahead and beat them) gotten worse to make them the favorite?

Beats me, but I'm not the one who determines favorites. That job is delegated to Vegas and they picked MSU.