Taylor Martinez 2013 discussion - running tougher? better decisions in the pocket?

Lee hurt his throwing arm or hand in the Arkansas State game and re-aggravated it against Virginia Tech. That guy had an arm and the times he came in his senior season, some of the throws we saw him make, I don't really buy that he was totally healthy. But reports on this really vary, I suppose. The staff didn't seem to feel his offseason surgery was necessary.

Funny how it didn't come out until after the season? Yes, because this team and the players on this team have a history of being immediately forthcoming about all their ailments. Is it really that surprising?

Please......name one player in history who went an entire season with an injury that required surgery, that so obviously hindered his production, yet we saw no signs of it in any of the games. Excuses can be made forever, but fact is, Lee only looked like a NFL caliber QB vs Sun Belt teams. Roy Helu went through an entire season with a bum shoulder. He continued to play, and it was obvious that it was taking away from his ability, but we knew it not only because the coaches came forth with it, but because you can see how he was trying to protect it, while still playing with 110% effort. Rex had severe injuries during his 1st and last year, we saw how he carried himself on and off the field during that time. What about after Martinez's injury, we were able to see the difference in his statue, regardless of not knowing everything the doctor knew about his conditions...............But Zac Lee. He bombs for a whole season with the exception of some Sun Belt match ups. Never shows any sign of wear and tear in any games, just the inability to produce. At the end of the season he tells everyone that he was injured those whole season, and we dismiss his lack of production and use it as an excuse to why he still couldn't produce the following season or even hold on to his starting spot. He doesn't get drafted, doesn't get a call about a Free Agent interest. Doesn't get invited to a mini camp. Doesn't make a practice squad.....nothing. And none of that has anything to do with he just isn't a good QB. It's all on this ghost injury that's keeping him down.......ok.

You are, quite frankly, completely wrong that there was no in-season evidence of Zac's injury. Go find the 2009 Va Tech and Missouri games and see how wobbly, weak and inaccurate his passes were. Even with little sample sizing of his healthy ability, it was obvious to me and many others that he was incapable of throwing the football the way he wanted and was trying to. His arm betrayed him.

How is that evidence of an injury? Is every player who played great in high school or JUCO and/or in practice then has a bad showing in a game, showing evidence of an injury........I guess LaTravis Washington was injured. Brion Carnes had a great spring game and must of some how got injured before the fall camp. Same with Ron Kellogg.....must of had a severe injury because those he appeared in 4 games this past season, he still didn't look half as good as he did in scrimmage before the season started......

P.S. Lee must of been injured during portions of the FAU game. There was a couple bad plays in that where Lee missed a wide open target twice....what about the interception.....yea, I'm sure the injury started creeping up quickly.......Lee must of got really healthy during the Louisiana Lafeyette Game. He almost played a perfect game. 15/18 238 yards. A TD no turnovers. but that darn injury came right back the next week huh?

You are, quite frankly, completely wrong that there was no in-season evidence of Zac's injury. Go find the 2009 Va Tech and Missouri games and see how wobbly, weak and inaccurate his passes were. Even with little sample sizing of his healthy ability, it was obvious to me and many others that he was incapable of throwing the football the way he wanted and was trying to. His arm betrayed him.

I am not sure how he didn't see that Lee was obviously not healthy. IIRC, there was a commentator who stated something during the Missouri game, that he doesn't think he ever recovered from his injury. I also remember hearing that the reason we saw Cody Green, instead of Zac Lee, in the A&M game, was because Lee was unable to play due to his elbow once again.

How do you remember something that didn't happen. I have both games on DVD from the broadcast and it didn't mention nothing that you quoted here.

How's bout you go back and watch any of the games during the 09 season and let me know what commentator if any even hinted that Lee looks to be suffering from some undisclosed injury........anyone can mention it the next season during a game where he's struggling. It was the cliche of choice during the offseason......Lee was injure. 1st it was said he was injure before the ISU game, then it was during the Mizzou game. Then it was during the VT game, now in this thread it originally happened during the Ark St game......funny how the injury origination continues to move closer and closer to the beginning every time someone comes back and mentions well he didn't play that well in _____ game before the injury.......:lol:

Lee hurt his throwing arm or hand in the Arkansas State game and re-aggravated it against Virginia Tech. That guy had an arm and the times he came in his senior season, some of the throws we saw him make, I don't really buy that he was totally healthy. But reports on this really vary, I suppose. The staff didn't seem to feel his offseason surgery was necessary.

Funny how it didn't come out until after the season? Yes, because this team and the players on this team have a history of being immediately forthcoming about all their ailments. Is it really that surprising?

Please......name one player in history who went an entire season with an injury that required surgery, that so obviously hindered his production, yet we saw no signs of it in any of the games. Excuses can be made forever, but fact is, Lee only looked like a NFL caliber QB vs Sun Belt teams. Roy Helu went through an entire season with a bum shoulder. He continued to play, and it was obvious that it was taking away from his ability, but we knew it not only because the coaches came forth with it, but because you can see how he was trying to protect it, while still playing with 110% effort. Rex had severe injuries during his 1st and last year, we saw how he carried himself on and off the field during that time. What about after Martinez's injury, we were able to see the difference in his statue, regardless of not knowing everything the doctor knew about his conditions...............But Zac Lee. He bombs for a whole season with the exception of some Sun Belt match ups. Never shows any sign of wear and tear in any games, just the inability to produce. At the end of the season he tells everyone that he was injured those whole season, and we dismiss his lack of production and use it as an excuse to why he still couldn't produce the following season or even hold on to his starting spot. He doesn't get drafted, doesn't get a call about a Free Agent interest. Doesn't get invited to a mini camp. Doesn't make a practice squad.....nothing. And none of that has anything to do with he just isn't a good QB. It's all on this ghost injury that's keeping him down.......ok.

How is that evidence of an injury? Is every player who played great in high school or JUCO and/or in practice then has a bad showing in a game, showing evidence of an injury........I guess LaTravis Washington was injured. Brion Carnes had a great spring game and must of some how got injured before the fall camp. Same with Ron Kellogg.....must of had a severe injury because those he appeared in 4 games this past season, he still didn't look half as good as he did in scrimmage before the season started......

P.S. Lee must of been injured during portions of the FAU game. There was a couple bad plays in that where Lee missed a wide open target twice....what about the interception.....yea, I'm sure the injury started creeping up quickly.......Lee must of got really healthy during the Louisiana Lafeyette Game. He almost played a perfect game. 15/18 238 yards. A TD no turnovers. but that darn injury came right back the next week huh?

Dude, give it up. Lee had a bum arm, this has been widely known for awhile. Your making yourself look stupid.

But a Cody Green who has had 4 starts, undefeated as a starter, was one of the best team players on the sideline is nothing to brag about.

Iowa State, Baylor, Colorado...

Whoopty friggin doo....

Also, I'm assuming by "team player" you mean "playa" and spending time with chicks and not in the playbook, right?

Who did Ron Kellogg beat?.................My point exactly. If I remember correctly Zac Lee took all the snaps in the Iowa St game in which NU lost...........

But these two are quality depth, but Cody Green was a bum.......right.......

and no....I said it correct the first time.....he was a TEAM PLAYER......Cody Green was a class act on campus, very respectful, up beat and his teammates loved him. He came from a great house hold. I respected the way he carried himself even when he was in high school. Let's stay on subject, or close your mouth if you have nothing to add rather than making idiotic comments about a former husker's character that you know nothing about. He's done nothing to disrespect this program, even in his departure, you don't have to be a fan of him but childish comments about his character shouldn't be added into a conversation, especially if it's off topic.

I would really suggest you to learn how to speak to others on this board, and show some more respect. All I see is you crying and bitching at people. You are consistently arguing with people over crap that you don't even know about. Even more pathetic thing, you start to say sh#t like that when you get your panties in a bunch.

I suggest you keep your suggestions to yourself. Whenever I personally attack a poster, then I'll give some value to your "suggestion" of me learning how to talk on a football message board. But if I think a statement is baffoon-ish, ignorant, and/or way off base, then I will call it as such. Don't address me about how I ask someone to stay on subject rather than making personal attack's at a kids character because he no longer wears the scarlet and cream. I suggest that you realize that your importance and authority ends at your desk before you type in a response, if you think that actions like that are "okay" and I'm suppose to just look pass it. There are a lot a great kids on that roster, some names we all recognize and others we wouldn't. I have the privilege of meeting working with and helping quite a few of them. Some kids I happen to know or meet before they become huskers. When I hear crap said about a players character that I feel is out of line and/or inappropriate and completely false, I'll say something about it. You don't like it, go b***h, tough titty.

• Fire 1

This sucker is still going, got to love the off season.

We may have players that may be good at QB, nobody really knows. Numbers are not depth, they are bodies. Some bodies can play the game, but the bodies that have played the game at the college level are yet to be seen. Kellog is not the answer if Martinez goes down, not even close.

I personally wanted Zac to start. I knew he was hurt a long time before they even admitted, and stated I thought so on this board numerous times. He missed the whole season as far as level of expected play. Martinez came in and played lights out until he was hurt. I really do not think he has ever healed, he is still not the player he was those first few games in my eyes. But the one thing you get, is all out effort to win, never say die. Smarter, more concerned about the team, but the safety to wind attitude has been taken away, and about a half a step it seems to me.

I hope he lights it up, and does it often and quick. We need to get Armstrong on the field as much as possible.

Just read through a few posts on here. Hahaha. I felt obligated to comment. So here it goes:

1) Zac Lee basically tore the ACL of your arm in the Sun Belt Conference Tour that year. He was then hit in the Va Tech game that made this injury really bad. (I specifically remember one throw in the fourth quarter toward the sideline that if he would have thrown accurately Kinnie scores). Many people told me before this injury happened that ZL would make an NFL roster. He could have chosen to get surgery done then, but this didnt occur. Mixed reviews on why.

2) TMart was brought in as an athlete with a chance to play QB. Cody Green came in that year a semester early; thus he knew the offense a lot better and at this stage was flat out a better all around QB. TMart was working out at WR as late in the year as bowl preparations. It wasn't really until the second semester that year that the coaches said he's a QB. It wasn't until a week before the first game where TMart made our starting D look STUPID in the final scrimmage that they said he's our starter. That I have on very good account. The plan before that was to use TMart basically as a Tim Tebow where he had his packages that he'd be able to execute very well.

2B) We should be kicking ourselves for the 2010 year. In a year where we lost two regular season games basically because of our inexperience at QB, and a year that you avoid playing BAMA for a MNC, we should be kicking ourselves. I was in the ZL camp from the beginning. But we mortgaged the season on an inexperienced QB who graded out as the best athlete, but third best QB on our roster. We should be absolutely kicking ourselves as we have no excuse as to why we lost those two in season games and the CCG.

3) TMart has worked his butt off an deserves our respect.

4) I've had the privilege of speaking to Cody Green on a few occasions and ALLINRED is spot on amd couldn't be more right.

• Fire 1
But a Cody Green who has had 4 starts, undefeated as a starter, was one of the best team players on the sideline is nothing to brag about.

Iowa State, Baylor, Colorado...

Whoopty friggin doo....

Also, I'm assuming by "team player" you mean "playa" and spending time with chicks and not in the playbook, right?

Who did Ron Kellogg beat?.................My point exactly. If I remember correctly Zac Lee took all the snaps in the Iowa St game in which NU lost...........

But these two are quality depth, but Cody Green was a bum.......right.......

and no....I said it correct the first time.....he was a TEAM PLAYER......Cody Green was a class act on campus, very respectful, up beat and his teammates loved him. He came from a great house hold. I respected the way he carried himself even when he was in high school. Let's stay on subject, or close your mouth if you have nothing to add rather than making idiotic comments about a former husker's character that you know nothing about. He's done nothing to disrespect this program, even in his departure, you don't have to be a fan of him but childish comments about his character shouldn't be added into a conversation, especially if it's off topic.

Umad brah?

Let me educate you. None of those guys were "quality" backups, except maybe Zac Lee in 2010. I think Tommy will be our first since, oh, Ganz?

Back to Cody. The four wins as a starter were Baylor (2009), Iowa State (2010), Colorado (2010), and Oklahoma (2009) where he played about a quarter and the offense had like 10 yards on 4 possessions. Cody was a nice kid, sure. But he didn't get the job done.

I would really suggest you to learn how to speak to others on this board, and show some more respect. All I see is you crying and bitching at people. You are consistently arguing with people over crap that you don't even know about. Even more pathetic thing, you start to say sh#t like that when you get your panties in a bunch.

I suggest you keep your suggestions to yourself. Whenever I personally attack a poster, then I'll give some value to your "suggestion" of me learning how to talk on a football message board. But if I think a statement is baffoon-ish, ignorant, and/or way off base, then I will call it as such. Don't address me about how I ask someone to stay on subject rather than making personal attack's at a kids character because he no longer wears the scarlet and cream. I suggest that you realize that your importance and authority ends at your desk before you type in a response, if you think that actions like that are "okay" and I'm suppose to just look pass it. There are a lot a great kids on that roster, some names we all recognize and others we wouldn't. I have the privilege of meeting working with and helping quite a few of them. Some kids I happen to know or meet before they become huskers. When I hear crap said about a players character that I feel is out of line and/or inappropriate and completely false, I'll say something about it. You don't like it, go b***h, tough titty.

And I suggest you two both stop talking about each other and stick to the topic. Nobody's delving into personal attacks so far, but it's close. Let's talk football. Leave the discussion of the personality of the other members out of it.

modhat.jpg

Only skimmed through this thread but three things:

#1 - Taylor is a tough, strong football player. The only reason he is perceived as being "delicate" or soft is because the coaches taught him to protect himself from impact, and he had a hard time doing that at game speed. I remember a particular 3rd down and long while scrambling outside the pocket against Northwestern, he straight up stiff-armed a would-be tackler to the ground and then completed a pass downfield. He's got the strength and he'll use it if given permission.

#2 - Oh the tainted memories of Sam Keller. He wasn't the starter because of a favor or a bias; he was the better pick. People forget that he was on pace to break all of Zac (Taylor)'s records from his Big XII Offensive Player of the Year season prior, before he got injured. The only reason Joe came in and lit the place up was because we went into almost Texas-Tech Air Raid mode (people forget he had 4 INT's against Kansas and cost us the Colorado game with his interceptions as well). Keller started because he proved and earned the starting spot in practice. Joe rose to the occasion in games, but (in 2007) only with the help of an offense that was conducive to putting up huge numbers to give Callahan a chance to save his job.

#3 - Zac Lee had the strongest and most accurate arm of any quarterback in recent school history before it got jacked up. Would very likely have been a draft pick (I'd bet money on it) if it hadn't been for his injury(ies).

I guess I remember the Keller games as having issues connecting with teammates on the field as compared to Ganz. There's more to the qb position than just raw skill. Keller has some good games that were lost or close because of the defense, sure, but in that deathly 3 game stretch of Missouri, Oklahoma St, and Texas A&M, the offense didnt do any favors. They were '09ish anemic. Then Keller gets hurt, in comes Ganz and they score right away against Texas, 39 on the road against Kansas (top 5 team), 73 against Kansas St, and 51 @ Colorado. Hell, last year's defense probably wouldve got us 3 wins in that stretch with them numbers. Sure the offense is flipped a little to a style more applicable to Joey's particular skillset. It's nothing personal against Keller. He played hard and tried to do everything right here. He seemed to understand the culture and little bit and tried to fit in. Hell, he even covered up his tatoos. But it was just obvious to me anyway, once Ganz took over, that he shouldve been the man all year long. All the offensive players seemed to have a bit more skip in the step with Joey in. Keller may have been the better qb in fall camp for what Billber wanted to do, but it's also Billber's job to recognize the talents of particular players and finetune a system that gives the team the best chance to win. As much as I defend Bo and his schemes and such, he should be doing this on the defensive side of the ball too. I thought Joe Ganz did that. And, I thought what the offense did after Keller's injury was really the ultimate nail in the coffin for Billber. It was that "where the hell was this sh#t against USC and Missouri??!!" type of thing.

• Fire 1

How do you remember something that didn't happen. I have both games on DVD from the broadcast and it didn't mention nothing that you quoted here.

How's bout you go back and watch any of the games during the 09 season and let me know what commentator if any even hinted that Lee looks to be suffering from some undisclosed injury........anyone can mention it the next season during a game where he's struggling. It was the cliche of choice during the offseason......Lee was injure. 1st it was said he was injure before the ISU game, then it was during the Mizzou game. Then it was during the VT game, now in this thread it originally happened during the Ark St game......funny how the injury origination continues to move closer and closer to the beginning every time someone comes back and mentions well he didn't play that well in _____ game before the injury....... :lol:

Where did I state that I don't remember? Your throwing words into something once again, so you can debate about something you obviously are WRONG about. Zac Lee was not close to 100%. I know of this, you have some other VERY knowledgeable Husker fans saying this EXACT same thing. I am done trying to explain to you that Lee was injured. This is worse than talking to a brick wall. Zac Lee was not 100%, and had a lingering issue, which effected his Senior year, that's that.

Only skimmed through this thread but three things:

#1 - Taylor is a tough, strong football player. The only reason he is perceived as being "delicate" or soft is because the coaches taught him to protect himself from impact, and he had a hard time doing that at game speed. I remember a particular 3rd down and long while scrambling outside the pocket against Northwestern, he straight up stiff-armed a would-be tackler to the ground and then completed a pass downfield. He's got the strength and he'll use it if given permission.

#2 - Oh the tainted memories of Sam Keller. He wasn't the starter because of a favor or a bias; he was the better pick. People forget that he was on pace to break all of Zac (Taylor)'s records from his Big XII Offensive Player of the Year season prior, before he got injured. The only reason Joe came in and lit the place up was because we went into almost Texas-Tech Air Raid mode (people forget he had 4 INT's against Kansas and cost us the Colorado game with his interceptions as well). Keller started because he proved and earned the starting spot in practice. Joe rose to the occasion in games, but (in 2007) only with the help of an offense that was conducive to putting up huge numbers to give Callahan a chance to save his job.

#3 - Zac Lee had the strongest and most accurate arm of any quarterback in recent school history before it got jacked up. Would very likely have been a draft pick (I'd bet money on it) if it hadn't been for his injury(ies).

I guess I remember the Keller games as having issues connecting with teammates on the field as compared to Ganz. There's more to the qb position than just raw skill. Keller has some good games that were lost or close because of the defense, sure, but in that deathly 3 game stretch of Missouri, Oklahoma St, and Texas A&M, the offense didnt do any favors. They were '09ish anemic. Then Keller gets hurt, in comes Ganz and they score right away against Texas, 39 on the road against Kansas (top 5 team), 73 against Kansas St, and 51 @ Colorado. Hell, last year's defense probably wouldve got us 3 wins in that stretch with them numbers. Sure the offense is flipped a little to a style more applicable to Joey's particular skillset. It's nothing personal against Keller. He played hard and tried to do everything right here. He seemed to understand the culture and little bit and tried to fit in. Hell, he even covered up his tatoos. But it was just obvious to me anyway, once Ganz took over, that he shouldve been the man all year long. All the offensive players seemed to have a bit more skip in the step with Joey in. Keller may have been the better qb in fall camp for what Billber wanted to do, but it's also Billber's job to recognize the talents of particular players and finetune a system that gives the team the best chance to win. As much as I defend Bo and his schemes and such, he should be doing this on the defensive side of the ball too. I thought Joe Ganz did that. And, I thought what the offense did after Keller's injury was really the ultimate nail in the coffin for Billber. It was that "where the hell was this sh#t against USC and Missouri??!!" type of thing.

Here's the thing. Let's say all of that was true. With Joe Ganz being the backup, and with his public perception as being a team player, you would expect him to take the road without reproach, supporting Sam and encouraging his teammates to get behind Sam, right?

Truth is, Joe led a bit of a mutiny. I was at a party that he showed up at after the Oklahoma State game, and he and a bunch of his buddies were wearing "Got Ganz?" shirts. I mean even if the 2nd stringer IS more liked and supported by the team and possibly should be playing, it's divisive and undermining to the team's success for him to rally guys onto his side. We saw the same thing in 2010 with Niles Paul and co.'s displeasure of Taylor being the starter over Zac. Except Zac played it pure class the entire way.

At the end of the day, I'm no coach or expert. I just remember seeing a damn good quarterback in Keller that did and said all the right things and won games for us that he was capable of winning. I saw another damn good quarterback in Joe Ganz, who put up big numbers because of a shift in offensive scheme so our head coach could try to save face, but included in those big numbers were a heck of a lot of interceptions and only one win.

• Fire 1

Umad brah?

Let me educate you. None of those guys were "quality" backups, except maybe Zac Lee in 2010. I think Tommy will be our first since, oh, Ganz?

Back to Cody. The four wins as a starter were Baylor (2009), Iowa State (2010), Colorado (2010), and Oklahoma (2009) where he played about a quarter and the offense had like 10 yards on 4 possessions. Cody was a nice kid, sure. But he didn't get the job done.

Mad? From a message board.....:lol:.....far from it.

Ahhh, the famous "let me educate you"......drum roll then you drop yet another opinion that holds the same amount of weight as my or the next man's opinion....... I'll help you, none of those guys were world beaters. Lee lead an offense that ranked 86th overall at the end of the season 101st in passing & 9th in rushing. We were able to move the ball on the ground, which is what saved our season. After the ISU loss the offense went into safe mode and played "not to lose the game". We depended heavily on Suh & co that whole season. Lee's best game against a quality opponent was vs Arizona in the Holiday Bowl. Lee was 13/23 for 173 yards 1 TD. Carried the ball 18 times for 65 yards. People act like those are stats that suggest he embarrassed Arizona's defense. The game was great because of the result of a Nick Foles lead offense going up against a N.Suh lead defense, you know the same defense who made a Heisman trophy finalist look like he was a back up in the CCG. Arizona's offense produced 6 1st downs, 46 passing yards, 63 rushing yards, 0 TDs, 0 FGs,. It's not like they were penalized throughout the game. They had 2 penalties for 25 yards. So that shows they were disciplined. Nick Foles was 6/20 with 28 yards 0 TDs & 1 Int.

Lee was a good game manager, but because he was dynamic or able to complete scoring drives is the reason he was 3rd on the depth chart the following season, behind a freshman who know D-1 program gave an offer for QB and a sophomore whom was throw into games well before he was mentally ready due to a transfer and injury in the offseason.

On to Cody Green......didn't get the job done? What was his job? I thought it was to lead the team to a W. Sounds to me that he did his job. Now I'm not saying he was the second coming of Frazier or anything close to it, but when was place in the game, lead the team to victories (obviously with the exception of the OU game his freshman year....

So, let me educate you......;). If you actually pay attention to the discussion, my point was we had quality depth in 2010 due to having two QBs whom had not only game time experience but were starter for at least a game or two, behind our freshman QB. I don't understand how this years QB situation is considered QUALITY DEPTH but 2010 is consider NO DEPTH. What has Ron Kellogg done that says he is a quality back up. His #s are comparable to Brion Carnes, who everyone quickly points out wasn't quality. Tommy Armstrong, I expect to be a serious threat to our opponents in years to come, but he hasn't done anything yet, so his hype is no different from Lee being consider a better QB than Joe Ganz, Green being called "superman", the "savior", or the "next Tommie Frazier", Carnes being a great steal from "Western Kentucky", Turner being talented enough to challenge Martinez at the position as a freshman, Starling taking the role from Martinez first year on campus, and so on and so on...... They all sound good and gave hope, excitement, flare, to the spirit of fans in the off season, but they mean nothing until the kid gets on the field and makes headlines.

Umad brah?

Mad? From a message board..... :lol:.....far from it.

Ahhh, the famous "let me educate you"......drum roll then you drop yet another opinion that holds the same amount of weight as my or the next man's opinion....... I'll help you, none of those guys were world beaters. Lee lead an offense that ranked 86th overall at the end of the season 101st in passing & 9th in rushing. We were able to move the ball on the ground, which is what saved our season. After the ISU loss the offense went into safe mode and played "not to lose the game". We depended heavily on Suh & co that whole season. Lee's best game against a quality opponent was vs Arizona in the Holiday Bowl. Lee was 13/23 for 173 yards 1 TD. Carried the ball 18 times for 65 yards. People act like those are stats that suggest he embarrassed Arizona's defense. The game was great because of the result of a Nick Foles lead offense going up against a N.Suh lead defense, you know the same defense who made a Heisman trophy finalist look like he was a back up in the CCG. Arizona's offense produced 6 1st downs, 46 passing yards, 63 rushing yards, 0 TDs, 0 FGs,. It's not like they were penalized throughout the game. They had 2 penalties for 25 yards. So that shows they were disciplined. Nick Foles was 6/20 with 28 yards 0 TDs & 1 Int.

Lee was a good game manager, but because he was dynamic or able to complete scoring drives is the reason he was 3rd on the depth chart the following season, behind a freshman who know D-1 program gave an offer for QB and a sophomore whom was throw into games well before he was mentally ready due to a transfer and injury in the offseason.

On to Cody Green......didn't get the job done? What was his job? I thought it was to lead the team to a W. Sounds to me that he did his job. Now I'm not saying he was the second coming of Frazier or anything close to it, but when was place in the game, lead the team to victories (obviously with the exception of the OU game his freshman year....

So, let me educate you...... ;). If you actually pay attention to the discussion, my point was we had quality depth in 2010 due to having two QBs whom had not only game time experience but were starter for at least a game or two, behind our freshman QB. I don't understand how this years QB situation is considered QUALITY DEPTH but 2010 is consider NO DEPTH. What has Ron Kellogg done that says he is a quality back up. His #s are comparable to Brion Carnes, who everyone quickly points out wasn't quality. Tommy Armstrong, I expect to be a serious threat to our opponents in years to come, but he hasn't done anything yet, so his hype is no different from Lee being consider a better QB than Joe Ganz, Green being called "superman", the "savior", or the "next Tommie Frazier", Carnes being a great steal from "Western Kentucky", Turner being talented enough to challenge Martinez at the position as a freshman, Starling taking the role from Martinez first year on campus, and so on and so on...... They all sound good and gave hope, excitement, flare, to the spirit of fans in the off season, but they mean nothing until the kid gets on the field and makes headlines.

Yeah, I don't know what you're getting at, because my basic point is the same as yours. We haven't had depth. Lee was never the same after ASU, and i don't think he was all that great (he was 3rd on the DC in 2008 behind Witt). Cody Green was hyped because he had one run in garbage time against FAU. He couldn't throw, and was slow off the line, so he couldn't execute the ZR against anyone with speed. He was slated as a TE or Athlete by other schools because of this. RK isn't fast nor a particularly great passer (but he's probably our best), and Carnes couldn't grasp the offense. Tommy appears to have speed, a grasp of the offense, and the ability to throw.

In closing, I didn't really care about your discussion. I just think the whole "Cody was undefeated as a starter!!!" point is laughable.

How's bout you go back and watch any of the games during the 09 season and let me know what commentator if any even hinted that Lee looks to be suffering from some undisclosed injury........anyone can mention it the next season during a game where he's struggling. It was the cliche of choice during the offseason......Lee was injure. 1st it was said he was injure before the ISU game, then it was during the Mizzou game. Then it was during the VT game, now in this thread it originally happened during the Ark St game......funny how the injury origination continues to move closer and closer to the beginning every time someone comes back and mentions well he didn't play that well in _____ game before the injury....... :lol:

Where did I state that I don't remember? Your throwing words into something once again, so you can debate about something you obviously are WRONG about. Zac Lee was not close to 100%. I know of this, you have some other VERY knowledgeable Husker fans saying this EXACT same thing. I am done trying to explain to you that Lee was injured. This is worse than talking to a brick wall. Zac Lee was not 100%, and had a lingering issue, which effected his Senior year, that's that.

I'm going to need you to pay attention to the conversation especially something YOU wrote.

IIRC, there was a commentator who stated something during the Missouri game, that he doesn't think he ever recovered from his injury. I also remember hearing that the reason we saw Cody Green, instead of Zac Lee, in the A&M game, was because Lee was unable to play due to his elbow once again.

I simply responded with how do you remember something that didn't happen. I didn't say that you "stated you don't remember"......:lol: now if you can show me a clip that suggest that what you said in this post is true I'll openly & sincerely apologize for questioning your memory....

And how do you KNOW more about Lee's injury than the next poster on this board. What you know you read about in newspapers, online, and/or other message boards and blogs. Unless of course you are the physician who actually looked over him or the doctor who performed his surgery.

You don't have to explain to me he was injured. I know he was injured. I stated state in a few post above that his injury obviously was serious enough because he needed surgery to correct it. I just laugh at when everyone tries to speculate when it actually occurred and how much of his ability did it take from him. He did say when exactly it happened, but made the announcement at the end of the season.....fans/media ran with it. I'm suppose to believe he would have been an All Conference/American player if he didn't sustain an injury in 09. And because he wasn't successful in keeping his job or even being the back up the following season, it's because the injury was holding him back, even though two weeks before fall camp Pelini & Niles Paul stated that Lee was 100% and putting some zip on the ball.........

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/209470-qb-lee-is-just-fine