2014 Big Ten Schedules Released

The parity scheduling also starts in 2016, so as long as Nebraska finishes highly in league play the next two seasons, it will play the best teams from the East division for the crossover games. The "blue bloods" will be back on your schedule assuming Nebraska plays well.

Assuming the "blue bloods" play well, too. :D

Touche

Does nobody else see this as a terrible schedule, not excited about Nebraska football looking at that. Just horrible for fans and rankings alike. If we are ranked going into the season, not going to hold water, strength of schedule horrific. Yeah, im calling it a year in advance, no one would take us serious if we did run the table. Thought a move to the Big Ten was going to boost our brand. Does it setup perfectly for an undefeated year, hell it ought to, we dont play anybody. Dissappointed all the way around, Northwestern may be the best team on that schedule when it rolls around. WOW, we are now reduced to getting excited about Nebraska/Northwestern football.

I agree to an extent. I think Wisconsin will provide somewhat of a spark to the excitement, but yea. If the playoff system is going off strength of schedule amongst the top teams then...............

As KCHuskerChris pointed out, it isn't likely we would get in with one loss. If we have a chance, this schedule is our best chance.

I'd like to see us make it by beating the best our conference has to offer not because we have an easy path.

I think you are jumping the gun on this right now. I see three teams that potentially could be ranked other than NU in that schedual. Wisky, MSU and NW. Anyone notice that all those games are on the road?

In 2013, Alabama doesn't face South Carolina, Georgia, or Florida. They have LSU at home and A&M away. Those two teams have combined for ONE conference tournament appearance in the last two years.

In 2014, Nebraska doesn't face tOSU, Michigan, or PSU. They have to go to Wisconsin and Michigan State. Those two teams have combined for THREE conference tournament appearances in the last two years.

Just a little perspective.

It happens folks.

I wonder if the SEC intentionally gives their better teams an easier sked. The last couple years and this year Alabama has faced Tennessee (crossover) and Vandy, Missouri and Kentucky as the wild card rotating team. This year Bama plays two ranked teams (LSU and A&M) and has bye weeks before each of them. Like last year, they can lose one of the ranked games and still back into the BCS title b/c they have the SEC Meat Grinder schedule that the media plays up.

In 2008 Florida played #4 LSU, #8 Georgia, #24 South Carolina and #1 Alabama.

In 2009, Alabama played #20 Ole Miss, #22 South Carolina, #9 LSU and #1 Florida. In 2010, Alabama played #10 Arkansas, #7 Florida, #19 South Carolina, #10 LSU, #17 Mississippi State and #2 Auburn.

In 2011 LSU played #25 Miss State, #17 Florida, #19 Auburn, #2 Alabama, #2 Arkansas and #12 Georgia.

So no, I don't think so :)

I understand that some of the teams were ranked at one point in the season but how many actually deserved to be there in the first place? A few of them didn't even end up in the top 25 at seasons end. Going by the AP poll, in 2008, LSU and South Carolina didn't finish in the top 25. In 2009, South Carolina finished unranked. In 2010, it was Florida that finished unranked. In 2011, Auburn, Florida and Miss. St finished unranked...

In 2013, Alabama doesn't face South Carolina, Georgia, or Florida. They have LSU at home and A&M away. Those two teams have combined for ONE conference tournament appearance in the last two years.

In 2014, Nebraska doesn't face tOSU, Michigan, or PSU. They have to go to Wisconsin and Michigan State. Those two teams have combined for THREE conference tournament appearances in the last two years.

It happens folks.

I wonder if the SEC intentionally gives their better teams an easier sked. The last couple years and this year Alabama has faced Tennessee (crossover) and Vandy, Missouri and Kentucky as the wild card rotating team. This year Bama plays two ranked teams (LSU and A&M) and has bye weeks before each of them. Like last year, they can lose one of the ranked games and still back into the BCS title b/c they have the SEC Meat Grinder schedule that the media plays up.

In 2009, Alabama played #20 Ole Miss, #22 South Carolina, #9 LSU and #1 Florida. In 2010, Alabama played #10 Arkansas, #7 Florida, #19 South Carolina, #10 LSU, #17 Mississippi State and #2 Auburn.

In 2011 LSU played #25 Miss State, #17 Florida, #19 Auburn, #2 Alabama, #2 Arkansas and #12 Georgia.

What was the rankings of those teams in the final standings? I say this because yes you can play a team rank #2 during the season but maybe they were overrated at the start of the season. In 2010 NU was a top 5-10 team before our match up with Texas I believe. Just saying.

It happens folks.

What was the rankings of those teams in the final standings? I say this because yes you can play a team rank #2 during the season but maybe they were overrated at the start of the season. In 2010 NU was a top 5-10 team before our match up with Texas I believe. Just saying.

It took too much work for me to write out the list with the end-of-season rankings :P

Point is, though, the schedules are made in advance and it's clear that there's no conspiracy by the SEC higher-ups to give their peceived elite teams softer schedules.

It happens folks.

It took too much work for me to write out the list with the end-of-season rankings :P

Point is, though, the schedules are made in advance and it's clear that there's no conspiracy by the SEC higher-ups to give their peceived elite teams softer schedules.

I can dig it.... Yea, I guess ever conference would have their own timeline to an extent especially being that so many different programs are moving around so much.

2014 home schedule of Illinois, Rutgers, Purdue, and Minnisota.

How much do you want me to pay for that?

What difference does it make? In the end, if you want to be there-like 91,999 other folks-youre gonna pay it and youre gonna be there, just the same.

Your right, I am going to pay it. Just disappointed with this awfull home schedule, and with the whole schedule. Not even many interesting games to travel to. I will pay it, but I will also be selling more of those tickets also.

2014 home schedule of Illinois, Rutgers, Purdue, and Minnisota.

How much do you want me to pay for that?

What difference does it make? In the end, if you want to be there-like 91,999 other folks-youre gonna pay it and youre gonna be there, just the same.

Your right, I am going to pay it. Just disappointed with this awfull home schedule, and with the whole schedule. Not even many interesting games to travel to. I will pay it, but I will also be selling more of those tickets also.

I just think this scheduling thing and divisional lineups are being so blown out of proportion. So much can change by 2014. Whether it be by more conference realingment or simply changing of the pecking order of the teams that are already in the Big 10. You never know what's gonna happen to change things up. I find a lot less stressful to just play the wait and see game.