A Buckeye here with a few questions...

I miss the Big XII because it had cooler schools (Texas, A&M. OU, OSU, hell even OSU). As much as I hate Texas, you meet cool people from there. I don't meet cool people from any of the Big 10 schools. I don't meet cute girls from the Big 10 schools. BUUUUUTTTTT....better for Nebraska as a football school. Other than that...not so good.

I like the move to the B1G. It has helped us in more than just football. Our Basketball and Baseball program has moved up a lot more than it has in the last 10 years. The women's sports, is much more competitive, and I strongly believe it helps those parts out as well. I was hoping the move would benefit more than our football program, and I believe it has.

As far as your other question about missing Texas and Colorado... I do miss playing Texas. I think it would be our turn to put them in the dirt, and as far as Colorado... not one bit. They became very weak after the '90s. We have gotten "weaker" as well, but our worst record was 5-7. I would love to play Texass as a non conference game every year.

I'd think you'd be hard pressed to find a Husker fan that isn't happy with the move to the B1G, aside from grumbles about games not being within easy drives. The B1G just feels like a natural fit.

Now, had it been the old Big 8, that would have been different. The schools in the Big 8 had a history. When the old Southwest Conference schools joined was the end of that feeling - our only real rival, Oklahoma, was lost to us.

Guess I am going to be the exception here. And, I am only half hearted in thinking this way, but .... here goes.

I miss the Big 12 because the North carried with it the feel of the Big 8 sans Sooners and Cowboys. And Oklahoma was still both an in season possibility and a conference championship game possibility. There is very little chance we see Oklahoma this year. There would have been a fairly decent chance in the old league.

Driveable games are huge. I love me some Manhattan, Lawrence, Ames.

Also not going to be really feeling games against Purdue, Illinois, and Indiana (well, at least in theory on Indiana). The bigger teams Mich, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisky and Mich State have been fun, but the new is worn off already.

Lastly, I wanted to get more shots at the Longhorns. The only way to erase the bad taste of those set backs would be to beat the ever living out of them enough times that Texas fan stops wanting to talk about it anymore.

Lastly, I wanted to get more shots at the Longhorns. The only way to erase the bad taste of those set backs would be to beat the ever living out of them enough times that Texas fan stops wanting to talk about it anymore.

Our school was good at inventing new ways to lose to Texas even when fate was glad to hand us victories. I, for one, am glad we're rid of them. Every school has that one school that makes them their "b***h", and we were that school for Texas.

Oklahoma kind of did that to us for a long time. It was all paid back when TO smashed the Sooners to pieces at our place. I think that was TOs 250th win or something. Wasn't there fireworks after. My memory fails.

We paid back Miami by beating them for TOs first NC and sparking the greatest dynastic run in CFB. And we even paid back old Howard SNARKYcarnivalBARKER (Schnellenberger) a couple times, first by dismantaling the Sooner team he coached and later by trucking his A@@ on the sideline in that game against Florida Atlantic.

Not that I hold grudges or anything... LOL

How many Ohioans think Nebraska is "west" and how many Nebraskans think Ohio is "eastern".

Heck I live here and in my opinion when it takes me less time to get to the Atlantic Coast than it takes to get to Iowa, you are no longer in the midwest. (Being Eastern Time Zone doesn't help either, lol. Hate having to figure out what time it is at my sisters house (central time) or parents (Mountain time)).

How many Ohioans think Nebraska is "west" and how many Nebraskans think Ohio is "eastern".

Heck I live here and in my opinion when it takes me less time to get to the Atlantic Coast than it takes to get to Iowa, you are no longer in the midwest. (Being Eastern Time Zone doesn't help either, lol. Hate having to figure out what time it is at my sisters house (central time) or parents (Mountain time)).

Subtracting by one and two is the worst. :P