DT Abu Lamin [South Carolina - Signed LOI]

More telling sign is we just offered another DT...IMOP

If the new offer was a JUCO then I think it would be telling about Amin, but either way I don't like our chances here. Need to get Pelon in and close.

It would be foolish to disagree. To me, it seems a little more than a coincidence we offer a new kid the same time there is an update on him. It sounds like the "nice guy" lip service of a kid who has a hard time saying no. Especially how hard we're trying, plus maybe even his coach, if he still has strong ties with Bo/NEB.

I don't think it has to do with Lamin. HS DT vs JUCO is a totally different board. We need another HS DT to go with Newell, and immediate help with one or more JUCO

Either way we will find out today if he is coming Friday.

Lamin has shot up our board. Ark was the early leader for him, then he went to UF and they led for a week following his visit. Then he came to USC a few weeks ago and we've been his leaders since then (even though he's made a return visit to Ark.)

Even though we are his named leader, the 247 Crystal Ball majority projection and the closest school in the running to his family's home in Fayetteville, NC, I still don't think he's locked up yet, because his parents haven' visited. His mom did go with him to Ark and liked what she saw/heard.

If we can get her on campus with him again I think it will go a long ways. That's kinda how we "flipped" Poona Ford back to us from Tenn. We led for Ford early, then he was all about Tenn, but when he and his dad visited us a couple weeks ago he cooled on Tenn. Overall, I think our coaches do a good job of communicating to parents of recruits that we are a place that can help their son and we are going to take care of them.

Also, it appears we just missed out on one of our DT/SDE prospects, Wideman, who just committed to FSU this week, so I can imagine we'll be focusing even more energy on Lamin.