DT Abu Lamin [South Carolina - Signed LOI]

Has taken OVs to Florida and South Carolina. Is set to go to Arkansas July 19 and wants to use another OV here. Thinks that might be all he has time for this summer.

He said Florida was the nicest campus he's been to by far but South Carolina felt more like home. He has the best relationships built over time with Arkansas and seemed pretty excited to get up there soon. He is also very excited about Nebraska. He knows about all the guys that have come from Fort Scott and gone there. He says he plans on visiting us 3-4 weeks from now if he can find a ride.

This is just my two cents... but here's my take... he didn't think South Carolina's facilities were very nice after seeing Florida. I think he's going to see ours and think they're just as nice as Florida. He is about to go to Arkansas and visit them, and I've been there... it's nothing impressive. They won't win a lot this year. They can't fill the stadium and when they do play the big teams and fill it, their fans leave by half time if they're down. I really think that we have a shot here if we can get him on campus. He's not going to be taking OV's during the season because at the JUCO level all their games are on Saturdays and he doesn't seem to have transportation to drive by himself. So I really think We will be in the final 3 and it will be a close race. He said himself there's a good chance he doesn't get out to see Georgia or some of the others that have offered him from the SEC. And he is from North Carolina and has already lived way away from home for a couple years.

Call me crazy but I think IF we get him on campus... we have a good shot.

Why does this scenario sound so familiar? Like a certain Juco DT from last year.

Doesn't sound like he will take many visits during the season. So we won't get him here for a game unless things change. He's from North Carolina. The only real leverage we have is the Suh effect and our straight shooting HC.

Not holding my breath.

Doesn't sound like he will take many visits during the season. So we won't get him here for a game unless things change. He's from North Carolina. The only real leverage we have is the Suh effect and our straight shooting HC.

Not holding my breath.

Still waiting for that Suh effect to actually kick in.

We've been disappointed in so many of the "big time" DT prospects we've been in on since the big man left. Here's hoping one of VV, Curry, Williams, Collins or Maurice find a way to pan out. If someone could light a butt under VV and get him to play every play angry, it sounds like he could be a terror. Curry could surprise. Bummed Williams tore up his knee last year-- we were hearing good things.

And obviously Collins and Maurice are total unknowns at this point, but both hold a great deal of promise.

Looking back, it seems the "under the radar" DT commits we've gotten have picked up steam after committing and could be pretty damn good.

Not holding my breath.

Still waiting for that Suh effect to actually kick in.

We've been disappointed in so many of the "big time" DT prospects we've been in on since the big man left. Here's hoping one of VV, Curry, Williams, Collins or Maurice find a way to pan out. If someone could light a butt under VV and get him to play every play angry, it sounds like he could be a terror. Curry could surprise. Bummed Williams tore up his knee last year-- we were hearing good things.

And obviously Collins and Maurice are total unknowns at this point, but both hold a great deal of promise.

Looking back, it seems the "under the radar" DT commits we've gotten have picked up steam after committing and could be pretty damn good.

I said in another thread that Suh should do an invite only DL camp in Lincoln.

• Fire 1

He talks about finding a ride to come to Nebraska???? If he is coming for an OV I'm pretty sure we will more than happily fly him up here. :confucius

Not sure how many airport choices there are from Fort Scott to Lincoln.

What about a chauffeur service? It a 4hr drive, most likely faster than flying (with all a waiting).

He talks about finding a ride to come to Nebraska???? If he is coming for an OV I'm pretty sure we will more than happily fly him up here. :confucius

Not sure how many airport choices there are from Fort Scott to Lincoln.

What about a chauffeur service? It a 4hr drive, most likely faster than flying (with all a waiting).

That would be the best bet. The only place I think of that would be close for him to fly out of might be Joplin, Mo. Doubt they have any flights to Omaha or lincoln though. Might be able to fly in to KC. He would still need a ride from there.

Abu Lamin@Im_SelfMade26 10m

If coached by Bo, do you think you could be as prolific as Suh in the DT position? — Ummm I can't say that cause Suh was a dope player but I do feel like he can get me to that dominant level and that's we're I wanna be at

Abu Lamin@Im_SelfMade26 8m

How do you see yourself fitting into the Nebraska defense? Has the coaches talked about the impact you could have on the DT depth chart, given their need for a stand-out DT for next year? — I see myself adjusting good to Nebraskas defense yea the coaches told me about my immediate impact and I know Nebraska is looking for a dominant DT

Abu Lamin@Im_SelfMade26 6m

Being originally from NC, how have you liked living in KS? Do you see yourself staying in the Midwest (Big 10 or Big 12 country) for college? — Kansas is cool it's not like NC but its alright and I just plan to ball were ever I go that's just my plan

Everyone can read into these all they want. For me, Lamin seems to at least be entertaining the idea that Nebraska could be an option, but we should not get too excited until he shows some real interest by committing to an official visit. For a while now, it has sounded like the coaching staff is doing their jobs and staying very active in Lamin's recruitment, but it's up to Lamin to take it to the next level and actually visit.