2013 Big Red Weekend

This weekend, right? I saw some recruits eating with Coach Brown in the university dining hall today. Not the training table though; surprised to see them out an about. Not quite sure who he was eating with .

On a side note. Coach Brown also walked in with a bunch of the true freshman who were eating lunch today. Sat at the table across from Nathan Gerry; holy sh#t. He's everything they've made him out to be and more, don't worry. Massive.

This weekend, right? I saw some recruits eating with Coach Brown in the university dining hall today. Not the training table though; surprised to see them out an about. Not quite sure who he was eating with .

On a side note. Coach Brown also walked in with a bunch of the true freshman who were eating lunch today. Sat at the table across from Nathan Gerry; holy sh#t. He's everything they've made him out to be and more, don't worry. Massive.

Yup. Saturday.

The numbers speak for themselves. You find a way. I'm not saying this class won't end up being very good, but at the end of the day you have to expect more. You can't have your top prospects falling out in groups like this. You have to get Ballage on campus. Offering guys and getting them on campus are two different things. In the beginning the staff said it was ok and don't panic. Trust me, they're panicking a little bit now. Kids are committing much sooner and you can't drop the ball on that one weekend you rely so much on. Gameday isn't selling like it used to. Ill be the first to say, TJ and Fish are great recruiters, but Nebraska needs a closer and have to become more aggressive. I'm hoping for the best like the rest of you but things need to pick up. We have to get those elite players on campus.

The numbers speak for themselves. You find a way. I'm not saying this class won't end up being very good, but at the end of the day you have to expect more. You can't have your top prospects falling out in groups like this. You have to get Ballage on campus. Offering guys and getting them on campus are two different things. In the beginning the staff said it was ok and don't panic. Trust me, they're panicking a little bit now. Kids are committing much sooner and you can't drop the ball on that one weekend you rely so much on. Gameday isn't selling like it used to. Ill be the first to say, TJ and Fish are great recruiters, but Nebraska needs a closer and have to become more aggressive. I'm hoping for the best like the rest of you but things need to pick up. We have to get those elite players on campus.

Being more aggressive like offering more kids than any other school in the country? There have been a lot of recruits that have come out and said Neb is recruiting them the hardest. I don't know what you want. It's not like Lincoln is in a prime recruiting hotbed. And lets face it when you hear Nebraska you think cornfields.

Actually, I don't trust you to know that they're panicking. The coaches do what they can. At the end of the day, they can't control whether a kid has the ability or will to travel across the country on his own dime. I have no doubt that the coaches are even more disappointed than we are that so many kids are dropping out for this weekend, but this chicken little crap gets old.

I wonder, can NU bring the "camp" to the kids? Can they borrow a great high school facility, put on a clinic and camp, get the kids in that way? Do the BRW which is great because you get them on campus and then do one in the west, east and south.

I like this idea...

I wonder, can NU bring the "camp" to the kids? Can they borrow a great high school facility, put on a clinic and camp, get the kids in that way? Do the BRW which is great because you get them on campus and then do one in the west, east and south.

I like this idea...

Isn't the whole point to get the kids on.campus. they visit the kids and talk to them daily. The whole point is to wow them with our state of the art facilities and show them.Lincoln isn't a cornfield.

We want to get them on campus, so that they are more likely to use an OV on us, which in turn highly increases our chance at specific recruits.

There is a reason coaches think OVs should be able to happen sooner - since more kids commit sooner.

Defensive Line Visitors

283533.jpg316573.jpg

Defensive Back Visitors

305467.jpg

Quarterback Visitors

309319.jpg

Running Back Visitors

319066.jpg318984.jpg

Offensive Line Visitors

319062.jpg319117.jpg1169617m.jpgZACK-SINGER_150_12_14.JPG

Wide Receiver Visitors

317056.jpg305984.jpg

Tight End Visitors

323742.jpg1161210.jpg310132.jpg

I updated the faces of BRW... These are the guys visiting as of 3pm CT on Friday, June 14th.

Feel free to tell me I'm wrong... But I saw coach Brown and Els with two recruits at the university yesterday, and one of them wasn't on this list. BIGGG boy. I'm assuming a lineman.

Defensive Line Visitors

283533.jpg316573.jpg

Defensive Back Visitors

305467.jpg

Quarterback Visitors

309319.jpg

Running Back Visitors

319066.jpg318984.jpg

Offensive Line Visitors

Wide Receiver Visitors

317056.jpg305984.jpg

Tight End Visitors

I updated the faces of BRW... These are the guys visiting as of 3pm CT on Friday, June 14th.

Feel free to tell me I'm wrong... But I saw coach Brown and Els with two recruits at the university yesterday, and one of them wasn't on this list. BIGGG boy. I'm assuming a lineman.

There are always some that show up and surprise us. The recruiting services are good, but they don't always catch everyone. I'm curious to find out who it was though!

Defensive Line Visitors

283533.jpg316573.jpg

Defensive Back Visitors

305467.jpg

Quarterback Visitors

309319.jpg

Running Back Visitors

319066.jpg318984.jpg

Offensive Line Visitors

Wide Receiver Visitors

317056.jpg305984.jpg

Tight End Visitors

There are always some that show up and surprise us. The recruiting services are good, but they don't always catch everyone. I'm curious to find out who it was though!

They were having camps all last weekend and this week, so it could have a couple who were attending that.

They were having camps all last weekend and this week, so it could have a couple who were attending that.

Ehhh, I thought that, but it was very personal. Coach Brown and Els with two players and two dads. And one of them was wearing like a Rivals Combine shirt, so he wasn't any no-name recruit, that's for sure. Just didn't recognize the face.

Edit: Feel like a total creep. I'm going to have to stop this..