Most Boneheaded Play Since 2000

There were quite a bit that took off right after Texas scored their last td with a little over 3 minutes left to go back up by ten. And by quite a bit, I mean a lot. But like I said, by the time we got the quick score back and held Texas to a quick 3 and out, the exits were full of fans trying to get back in.

As great of fans as we are, there are still quite a high number that really cannot wait to get out of the stadium for whatever reason. I know a couple of guys that have season tickets, and they very seldom even go in. They just hang out at the tailgate the whole game. I dont make any sense to me. That place is my second home. I love bein there. I'm there 45 minutes to and hour before kickoff and dont leave until the final second ticks off. I have another friend who goes to every home game but cant remember the last time he did see the tunnel walk. It's just mind boggling.

My wife would rather just stay at the tail gate than go to the game. I would show up about an hour before kickoff when I was a kid.

There were quite a bit that took off right after Texas scored their last td with a little over 3 minutes left to go back up by ten. And by quite a bit, I mean a lot. But like I said, by the time we got the quick score back and held Texas to a quick 3 and out, the exits were full of fans trying to get back in.

As great of fans as we are, there are still quite a high number that really cannot wait to get out of the stadium for whatever reason. I know a couple of guys that have season tickets, and they very seldom even go in. They just hang out at the tailgate the whole game. I dont make any sense to me. That place is my second home. I love bein there. I'm there 45 minutes to and hour before kickoff and dont leave until the final second ticks off. I have another friend who goes to every home game but cant remember the last time he did see the tunnel walk. It's just mind boggling.

My wife would rather just stay at the tail gate than go to the game. I would show up about an hour before kickoff when I was a kid.

And see, I just dont understand that. If youre gonna go through the trouble of gettin the tick and makin the trip there-regardless if it's even only a few blocks away-you might as well go on in and enjoy the best gameday feel in all of sports. But that's just me I guess. To each their own, and I understand difference in opinions.

And see, I just dont understand that. If youre gonna go through the trouble of gettin the tick and makin the trip there-regardless if it's even only a few blocks away-you might as well go on in and enjoy the best gameday feel in all of sports. But that's just me I guess. To each their own, and I understand difference in opinions.

I also have a friend that he and his wife had a tail gate spot and didn't even have tickets to the game. He would get tickets 2-3 games the rest they just hung out and partied.

I also have a friend that he and his wife had a tail gate spot and didn't even have tickets to the game. He would get tickets 2-3 games the rest they just hung out and partied.

Now, see that I can understand. Just being there. I've thought about driving up with our kids for a game or two a year that we dont wanna spend money on tickets for just to eat, let them fool around the pavilion for a while and so on and not spend the money on 4 tickets. It's the folks that actually have tickets that are in the stadium for very little of the game or dont go in but hardley at all that I just cant get.

Hiring Steve Pederson as A.D. Huge fail!!!

I could not agree more. Talk about one person bringing a program to its knees, he certainly did that. I see he just received a 5 year extension at Pitt. Hope they keep his lousy rear end on that end of the continent.

Didn't we give contract extensions to both Pederson and Callahan in early 2007? And then fired them a few short months later? If I'm remembering correctly--and mind you, I've mostly blocked 2007 from my memory--then THAT was a huge fail. From contract extensions to firing and paying buyouts in the matter of a few short months. Piss poor management of assets if you ask me. :facepalm:

I could not agree more. Talk about one person bringing a program to its knees, he certainly did that. I see he just received a 5 year extension at Pitt. Hope they keep his lousy rear end on that end of the continent.

Didn't we give contract extensions to both Pederson and Callahan in early 2007? And then fired them a few short months later? If I'm remembering correctly--and mind you, I've mostly blocked 2007 from my memory--then THAT was a huge fail. From contract extensions to firing and paying buyouts in the matter of a few short months. Piss poor management of assets if you ask me. :facepalm:

Yes this was damn near a bigger fail then the hiring itself, if not bigger.

Yes this was damn near a bigger fail then the hiring itself, if not bigger.

The Pedersen extension I know nothing about. But the Callahan extension wasnt really that big of deal. Sure it looks bad now, but at the time it was given, the program was heading in the right direction. Slowly and gradual, but it was. And if youre honest, very few if any expected '07 to turn out to be the disaster it was. The thing is, as a program you need to keep your head coach's contract extended passed that 2-3 year mark consistently. If you let it go under 2 years with out an extension, it's a fact that can seriously be used against you in recruiting. Extensions are a symbol of continuity and when a contract is allowed to go down to under 2 years, it really draw questions of the University's trust in the coach, and hence, his future. Not to mention, if a bigtime football program wants a guy gone bad enough, coming up with the money for a buyout is not that big of an issue, as we found out personally with these two clowns just months apart.

One that was avoided was Joe Ganz taking a 15 yard sack setting up a 57 yard field goal instead of a 42 yarder. Turned out to be one of my favorite plays of all time, but I remember saying every cuss word I know directed at Ganz. This was before we knew Henery had a leg, so I thought it was over. I love the Ganz but I still don't know why he didn't throw it away.

Dailey running out of bounds is the worst to me. It was similar to Jamal throwing a pick in the endzone, but at least he was trying to make a play. JD just didn't want to get hit.

There's the opposite side of this coin. Like when he tried to throw it away against Texas Tech in overtime that year, and it ended up going straight to a linebacker.

But the whole week leading up to that game, the murmur around Husker nation was "Ganz needs to learn how to get rid of the ball to avoid a sack." So, that murmur died down after that game.

This thread is painfull..

Fryar tossing back the TD pass like an undersized fish..made me wonder which team he had money on..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoNs0mdKAO8

But it did lead up to one of my most proudest moments of being a Husker fan..

I wonder if those proponents of overtime, and playoff, and everything else, realize that they have legislated out any opportunity of this ever happening again, by making changes to rules that they believe are positive.. This moment will never, ever happen again in CFB, think about that for a moment.