Greatest D1 College Player - OF ALL TIME!

knapplc

Ron Dayne should be higher....

Icksnay on the onRay ayneDay talk. People get fired up. lmao

All time leading rusher in D1 should crack the top 20....

Adrian Peterson from Georgia Southern has more yards than Ron Dayne. Granted, that's an FCS school, but it's still Division I.

Kordell Stewart might deserve to be on there.

Yep. Dick Butkus at 39. No way he is below Bosworthless.

Probably would put Bo Jackson at #1

Butkus was good in college, but Bosworth, like him or not, was a nearly unstoppable machine.

There's about zero chance I'll put Bo Jackson ahead of Barry Sanders. I could see an argument for putting him ahead of Archie Griffin, but that's a coin flip IMO.

I think steroid use should disqualify him.

Butkus was good in college, but Bosworth, like him or not, was a nearly unstoppable machine.

There's about zero chance I'll put Bo Jackson ahead of Barry Sanders. I could see an argument for putting him ahead of Archie Griffin, but that's a coin flip IMO.

Half that list would be disqualified. Starting with Mandarich.

Half that list would be disqualified. Starting with Mandarich.

I don't know about half, but I bet about 10 of those guys including Lawrence Taylor would be off of it.

If Jim Thorpe doesn't make it deep into this tourney then history really has taught us nothing. The man was 50 years ahead of his time.

I'm going to start this thing on Monday, 6/17/13. All changes to the list must be final by that day.

All right you people, enough chit-chat. Everyone's had a chance to look over the list and we've had a few new names tossed in for consideration. Time to make a couple of decisions - and if you don't, I will. Here's the list of new names. For every guy you want to include, you gotta take a guy off the list. Also, tell me where you think the new guy should go (approximate range is OK, like 55-60).

Here's my take on these guys:

Adrian Peterson - No. He wasn't anything special among special players. Very good. Not all-time great.

Cam Newton - Yeah, kinda. I'd trade him for Larry Fitzgerald and put him in the 45-55 range.

Colt McCoy - I would only put him in this list to pit him against Suh and see him lose. Pretty sure his inclusion is a joke, anyway.

Darren McFadden - No. He wasn't anything special among special players. Very good. Not all-time great.

Deion Sanders - No. The very definition of style over substance. If he was a run-stopper, maybe. But a guy who's scared to make a tackle doesn't belong on this list.

Ed Reed - No. He was good. But not an all-time, top-64 great player

Eric Berry - No. Outstanding player. Would have liked to see him stay four years

Kordell Stewart - No. Folded like a house of cards in big games and his stats are mediocre

Ndamukong Suh - Definitely. Trade him for Trev Alberts. Suh should be in the 25-30 range

Reggie Bush - No. He wasn't anything special among special players. Very good. Not all-time great.

Tim Tebow - Much as I hate to do this, I'd say yes. Put him in place of Tony Mandarich and leave Tebow at #64.

Blank list for your convenience.

Adrian Peterson

Cam Newton

Colt McCoy

Darren McFadden

Deion Sanders

Ed Reed

Eric Berry

Kordell Stewart

Ndamukong Suh

Reggie Bush

Tim Tebow

Offensively, I don't know how it can't be Barry. Sorry SEC fans.

Defensively, I have no idea. Suh is definitely up there in the modern era. Woodsen was a hell of a player too. I can't form an unbiased opinion since I'm relatively young, so the older defensive players are tough for me to rate.

What about a kicker/punter? now before you tear me apart think about it, take a guy like Alex Henry, The guy was capable of hitting a game winner from anywhere inside of 60, and he was capable of punting from his own 15 and pinning the other team deep in their own territory. the guy was a game changer and honestly the best offensive weapon we had in 09'. A guy like that ought to at least get a little consideration.

I might get some flack for this, but outside of the legal problems, I see Lawrence Phillips being one of the best RB's in college football. Right up there with Frazier and Rozier.

DuPree from Oklahoma was probably slightly better than Phillips (potentialy)..Tossup between Dupree and Bo Jackson as best RB of all time..Maybe Jim Brown, but hard to compair eras.

Offensively, I don't know how it can't be Barry. Sorry SEC fans.

Defensively, I have no idea. Suh is definitely up there in the modern era. Woodsen was a hell of a player too. I can't form an unbiased opinion since I'm relatively young, so the older defensive players are tough for me to rate.

Barry with over 2600 yards rushing at 7.6 ypc. 37 TDs in 1988. Uh, yeah. Maybe the greatest year a running back has ever had in college football. Led the Cowboys to a 10-2 record and a win in the Holiday Bowl.

Before Barry: In 1986 Okie Lite did not even get a bowl invite. And that was with Thurman Thomas at RB.