SIGNED CB Trai Mosley

REALLY glad Trai stuck this whole thing out with us. I get the feeling this kid is really committed to being a Sker... has been all along.

The Joseph thing threw him for a loop... as it would anyone whose position coach was leaving. But he stuck with us through it, and I have a feeling it will greatly benefit both sides by the time all is said and done.

I don't usually get too excited about any one particular recruit, but I think this kid has a lot of Fonzie in him. That being said, he's a criminally low 5.5 :star :star :star on Rivals. WTF Clouse...???

At the 2014 #Boom Event, or whatever its called, JP shared a story about how Trai earned his scholarship. Over the phone, Trai kept telling him about him about how fast he is so JP told him if you come up and show us, you'll get your offer. 15 minutes after after driving 12 hours over night with his mom, Trai ripped off 2 consecutive 4.37 40's and got his offer. Thought it was pretty sweet so thought I'd share

• Fire 1

Good read about Mosley. However, it was the last quote for his HS coach that really matters.

You put him on an island, hey, he'll take those guys out of the game

Hopefully, he can transfer that ability to the college game a keep the tradition of shutdown CB under Bo alive.

http://m.journalstar.com/sports/huskers/recruiting/2014-football-recruits/article_07db0606-e6ed-50ff-88b7-4780c9f65cfe.html?mobile_touch=true

Ryan Broyles, a former two-time All-American wide receiver for Oklahoma, had some great things to say about the cornerback on Football Brainiacs:

"Special athlete all around. He is a very elusive player in the return game. His athleticism is top notch. He has smooth hips and runs well. I think he could contribute right when he walks on campus. He plays with a lot of confidence and, based on how he plays, he has every right to. He’s not afraid to make physical tackles in the flat and in the run game in general. His bump and run coverage technique can be improved but he shows he can stick to a man down the field and high point balls resulting in deflections or interceptions. Again, Trai is a special athlete and if he was a little taller I would have given him an even higher grade because he appears to have league level athleticism and fluidity."

straight up.. TJ! I respect you a lot

When I first heard that Coach Joseph was leaving, I honestly didn't really know what to think," Mosley told the recruiting site. "But a couple of days later, I spoke with him and he was telling me that Nebraska is the best fit for me. He didn't want me going anywhere else. The coaching staff loved me.

"He didn't want to recruit me to Texas A&M because he had too much respect for Coach Pelini and the staff. I respect that. He said he had to do what he had to do for his family, and I understand that."

You don't hear this type of stuff all that often......

In light of the Marrow situation, this is really great to hear. Thanks for posting.

straight up.. TJ! I respect you a lot

When I first heard that Coach Joseph was leaving, I honestly didn't really know what to think," Mosley told the recruiting site. "But a couple of days later, I spoke with him and he was telling me that Nebraska is the best fit for me. He didn't want me going anywhere else. The coaching staff loved me.

"He didn't want to recruit me to Texas A&M because he had too much respect for Coach Pelini and the staff. I respect that. He said he had to do what he had to do for his family, and I understand that."

You don't hear this type of stuff all that often......

In light of the Marrow situation, this is really great to hear. Thanks for posting.

Agreed. I don't know if Marrow was bitter about never being offered a staff position or what, but it sounds like him and Joseph could not be farther apart as far as character when it comes to recruiting goes...

• 2 weeks later...