Just because it's the offseason

I love this video. Watched it so many times. One of the many great highlights of the first few Pelini years. He just keeps running right through them. One of the things I miss most about that conference was slapping KSU around every year.

Primetime Thursday night game on ESPN. First conference game in our final Big 12 season. At 4-0 Kansas State, a group of people who live to hate Nebraska.They want it bad, real bad. What's the result? We are coming off a very lackluster performance against SDSU, leaving many to question how good the team actually is. What's the result? Taylor Martinez runs for 4 TDs, throws for another, and we got out to a 45-6 lead before KSU finally reached in the endzone in the 4th quarter. Absolute domination, Martinez is thrown into the Heisman watch, and suddenly it seems that Nebraska is back with a freshman quarterback leading the way. Game against Texas in Lincoln the next week with all of Nebraska licking their chops, eager to do the same to Texas and get revenge for last season's highly controversial championship game.

Then we came out flat, put together two very solid games in the following weeks against Mizzou and OSU, fluked out in OT against ISU, lost a fixed game at A&M, gave up a huge lead in the title game against OU, and finally somehow got dominated by a 6-6 Washington team we beat by 5 touchdowns in Seattle earlier in the year in a bowl game we should have never been dropped to in the first place, and all momentum Pelini had built up was lost.

I love this video. Watched it so many times. One of the many great highlights of the first few Pelini years. He just keeps running right through them. One of the things I miss most about that conference was slapping KSU around every year.

Primetime Thursday night game on ESPN. First conference game in our final Big 12 season. At 4-0 Kansas State, a group of people who live to hate Nebraska.They want it bad, real bad. What's the result? We are coming off a very lackluster performance against SDSU, leaving many to question how good the team actually is. What's the result? Taylor Martinez runs for 4 TDs, throws for another, and we got out to a 45-6 lead before KSU finally reached in the endzone in the 4th quarter. Absolute domination, Martinez is thrown into the Heisman watch, and suddenly it seems that Nebraska is back with a freshman quarterback leading the way. Game against Texas in Lincoln the next week with all of Nebraska licking their chops, eager to do the same to Texas and get revenge for last season's highly controversial championship game.

Then we came out flat, put together two very solid games in the following weeks against Mizzou and OSU, fluked out in OT against ISU, lost a fixed game at A&M, gave up a huge lead in the title game against OU, and finally somehow got dominated by a 6-6 Washington team we beat by 5 touchdowns in Seattle earlier in the year in a bowl game we should have never been dropped to in the first place, and all momentum Pelini had built up was lost.

My recommendation to you...start drinking heavily.

post-6210-0-05322900-1371332206.jpg

When a team loses its QB, pretty much any team they go down hill. This kid played hurt the rest of that year the following year, and honestly I do not think he is still over it. I hope we see him like his freshman year, this year. With all the improvements he has made in his game, the knowledge of the system, a OC that knows his talent and can game plan around it. It would be great to see Taylor at 100%. I think I would even join the CCG group. He is that good when right.

I was in the band in 2010 and got to go to this game. There were KSU fans spraying some of us with piss from a Super Soaker and they threw nacho cheese all over our trailer and buses after the game.

Damn, that's ugly. Not the nacho cheese trick?

Great game though. I was there too. Lots of mildcat fans (young ones mostly), drunk, depressed and pissing all over the place in the parking lots after the game. Sorry I can't provide photographic evidence. But it happened.