Your Favorite Moment from 2012

Have we seriously not had a thread like this? I feel like we have, or at least should have, but I can't actually recall one. If so ignore me.

We're getting closer and closer to the start of the 2013 season. While it didn't end on the best note possible, the 2012 season was one of the most fun rides we've had in a long time. What are some of the moments you look back on most fondly, whether specific and minute or big?

One that always comes back to my mind was against Northwestern. I don't remember the sequence of events exactly and will need to go back and watch it, but it was the first time that I actually believed and trusted Taylor to lead this team to victory even when it seemed far away. We were still down, and it was 3rd and 10+, and he completed a pass for a first down only to be negated by a penalty. Then, on 3rd and even further (i wanna say like 17), the pocket broke down, he scrambled left, stiff-armed a defender to the ground, and completed another deep pass for a first down only to be negated by another penalty. It was like 3rd and 20-something by that point and the next pass was incomplete, but that moment made me believe in him and hope that his team would get out of the way and give him a chance to win.

And they did. And he won us that game.

It's a toss up between the game winning drives against Northwestern and Michigan St. But at the moment i'll give a slight edge to the Northwestern game. After the meltdown week following the Columbus meltdown, things were looking pretty bad again. I compare the comeback against Northwestern and the plays Taylor made down the stretch to that of the Ohio St game in 2011. Things were down, and if we lose that game, the season couldve easily spiraled out of control into a burning abyss. But the team and Taylor snagged victory from the claws of defeat and to me pretty much saved the season. I dont think that a loss at Michigan St wouldve had nearly the negative effects on the remainder of the season as a loss at Northwester would have. And it was also the fact that it was now clearly obvious that Taylor Martinez had the swagger necessary to lead this team, not just quarterback it.

T-Magic's run against Michigan State

Which one? He absolutely gashed MSU multiple times.

The 70 yarder down the sideline

Indeed. My favorite was actually the fake pitch left and rollout right for 30+ yards. Beck set up the fake perfect and Taylor ran with confidence and purpose.

Indeed. My favorite was actually the fake pitch left and rollout right for 30+ yards. Beck set up the fake perfect and Taylor ran with confidence and purpose.

That was a great play, too. I liked how Martinez got to the corner on the long run and then just turned it on. No one was catching him.

I like that one too. He put a nice little half-step move on those two chumps at the end.

There were a lot of great moments from last season. All those comebacks were nerve-wracking, but a lot of fun at the same time.

The N'Western comeback was particularly memorable for me, since I was texting live updates to my parents while they were out of town lol

I said this in another thread already: I think this might be the best QB scramble in the history of football. Seriously. I can't think of a more impressive one. :thumbs:

I'm just glad he didn't get tripped up at the 5. That would have ruined it.