Bo's Job Security - 2013 (Poll 1)

Bo Pelini's job security  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If he only wins six or seven games, it could happen. Don't think it will be an issue.

5 regular season losses (8 wins w/ bowl win) and it would be very close though. 5 losses, with this schedule means that 4 of them are basically in a row to close out the year. That'd be a pretty rough December for Pelini at 7-5. Especially since we know that it would be defensive breakdowns that led to the losses. One of the issues Pelini has right now is that he's a defensive coach with a terrible defense. I think if the offense was still struggling (ie: 2009/2010) he wouldn't be getting nearly as much heat. (mainly because there wouldn't have been the epic beatdowns).

Shawn Eichorst is the real wildcard here. We're making all these assumptions based on the fact Tom has been around. Eichorst could throw a wrench into the mix. Maybe Bo leaves on his own at 7-5, or 8-4?

If ya wanna have fun and see some wild poll swings, instead of doing it at the 4 predetermined times, do it after the next loss, particularly after any blowout loss. Half the board will be wondering why he is still here and why it wasn't a done deal 2 years ago. Then The Dude will have some company.

Seriously, with our schedule this year, it won't take much to get the faithful to turn on him. Expectations for having a high level of success this season are higher than they have been since his arrival. I think even 2 or 3 losses, especially if any are embarrassing blowouts, will ignite the afterburners on that hot seat.

If ya wanna have fun and see some wild poll swings, instead of doing it at the 4 predetermined times, do it after the next loss, particularly after any blowout loss. Half the board will be wondering why he is still here and why it wasn't a done deal 2 years ago. Then The Dude will have some company.

Seriously, with our schedule this year, it won't take much to get the faithful to turn on him. Expectations for having a high level of success this season are higher than they have been since his arrival. I think even 2 or 3 losses, especially if any are embarrassing blowouts, will ignite the afterburners on that hot seat.

that is a good point. could you imagine this poll after the ucla game, after the osu game, and right before the conference championship? it also seemed as though by the time we got to our bowl game, everyone had cooled down again and no one was too disappointed in our bowl performance. every year is a roller-coaster.

IMO the better question would be "what would have to happen for Bo to be fired in 2013" and then have a list if scenarios.

A) Eliminate the Blackshirt and Tunnel Walk traditions and says they were dumb to begin with

B) Forfeit all conference games because they conflict with his band's practice times

C) Run an underground mascot fighting ring and put Herbie up again Lil' Red

D) Lowering Shawn Eichorst into a snakepit "Raiders of the Lost Ark"-style.

E) Murder

• Fire 3

IMO the better question would be "what would have to happen for Bo to be fired in 2013" and then have a list if scenarios.

A) Eliminate the Blackshirt and Tunnel Walk traditions

B) Forfeit all conference games because they conflict with his band's practice times

E) Murder

I'd watch that

A) Eliminate the Blackshirt and Tunnel Walk traditions and says they were dumb to begin with

E) Murder

I would actually be all for this as long as Herbie is slipped a pocket knife or bobby pin or somethin so someone would finally put a hole in the creepy thing.

A) Eliminate the Blackshirt and Tunnel Walk traditions and says they were dumb to begin with B) Forfeit all conference games because they conflict with his band's practice times C) Run an underground mascot fighting ring and put Herbie up again Lil' Red D) Lowering Shawn Eichorst into a snakepit "Raiders of the Lost Ark"-style. E) Murder

I bet this would actually improve his rating amongst the fans instead of hurting it. Even though I like Lil' Red i'd pay to watch this. lol