OG Alex Lewis

Anyone else here think Lewis might just pan out for us? He's got the genes. His dad was in the NFL for half dozen years. Who knows--maybe a good year in the weightroom and he could turn out to be pretty good. Maybe.

Anyone else here think Lewis might just pan out for us? He's got the genes. His dad was in the NFL for half dozen years. Who knows--maybe a good year in the weightroom and he could turn out to be pretty good. Maybe.

Let's hope!

Can he play tackle in a collegiate level? Huskers.com profile says guard at colo. in the description. With 3 starting tackles graduating (a-rod, sirles, qvale), the team could use an immediate impact there, assuming he will be eligible this fall since he sat out for a year.

Has there been other instances than this one situation? I haven't heard of any. It's possible this was one night of stupidity.

I think we all can relate to something like this.......I know I've had my fair share

I've never gotten bombed and beat the crap out of somebody. I am not 6'5" and 300 lbs either, but "fighting while drunk" is not a great excuse.

He's got the motivation. I like the situation, it's either going to work out really well for Nebraska, or we'll move on. I've got a feeling he has something to prove though. Gonna be good side-story to follow.

Has there been other instances than this one situation? I haven't heard of any. It's possible this was one night of stupidity.

I think we all can relate to something like this.......I know I've had my fair share

I've never gotten bombed and beat the crap out of somebody. I am not 6'5" and 300 lbs either, but "fighting while drunk" is not a great excuse.

I seriously doubt he just got bombed and started beating on the first person he saw. I think it's pretty safe to assume there was jawing going on from both parties and the other guy just got his tail beat. Lewis might be a punk, I don't know, but Bo has a pretty good record for not harboring punks so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'd chalk this up to more of an isolated incident.

I went to UNL in the late 80s. I had a couple friends who were football players so a couple times I would end up at a football player party. It was pathetic. The entire night would be constantly two big uglies getting pissed at each other and start beating each other up. Everyone would clear out the living room till they were done beating on each other then everyone would go back to partying. 30 minutes later the same thing would happen.

I refused to go to football player parties after that.

What I'm saying is...unfortunately....this can be the mentality of football players. I'm not saying it's right. But, they get paid (scholarship) to go beat the crap out of people every day and it takes a certain mentality to do that. Sometimes it spills over into other times off the field.

The trick is for these guys to be able to turn it off and on. Most can hand some can't. That is why I asked if this was an isolated incident or is this an ongoing problem with this kid.

I went to UNL in the late 80s. I had a couple friends who were football players so a couple times I would end up at a football player party. It was pathetic. The entire night would be constantly two big uglies getting pissed at each other and start beating each other up. Everyone would clear out the living room till they were done beating on each other then everyone would go back to partying. 30 minutes later the same thing would happen.

I refused to go to football player parties after that.

What I'm saying is...unfortunately....this can be the mentality of football players. I'm not saying it's right. But, they get paid (scholarship) to go beat the crap out of people every day and it takes a certain mentality to do that. Sometimes it spills over into other times off the field.

The trick is for these guys to be able to turn it off and on. Most can hand some can't. That is why I asked if this was an isolated incident or is this an ongoing problem with this kid.

youre absolutely right. It's a side of things that in all reality, is quite normal. But folks from the outside dont wanna see it that way. Like Richard Sherman or the Incognito situation. There's nothing to see here folks. Everyone wants the inside access, but yet get all hot and bothered and cant handle what they see, and demand it be different. Just turn away and watch the game. I'm still trying to figure out what all the angst is over Incognito and Sherman for what they did. The deal is that people with todays instant media and social media are getting pretty good looks at things that quite frankly, simply cannot handle.

Look, I don't have an issue with guys "having an edge" on the field. But, they need to understand that it needs to "stay on the field". Giving guys a pass on beating someone up after a few drinks just because he's a football player is parthetic. I have no idea what Alex Lewis did during this incident, and I will let the criminal process play out. But, if he beat the crap out of some guy after having a number of drinks, I think it's pretty pathetic.

Grant Wistrom played with a certain edge on the field, but I don't remember anything about him being a punk off the field. There is a difference.