Your 3 predictions for Husker football this season.

Interesting how I didnt find anyone predicting a MASH unit on offense including the QB position by game 7.

We never run out of excuses for a 4 loss season, do we?

You seriously dont think losing Martinez and Long hurt?

I'm told that the team plays harder for Armstrong anyway, so losing Martinez should have helped.

• Fire 1

Im still unimpressed with Spartys offense. Their best game was against us, and thats not just my bias at work. Their WRs played great and their QB was solid.

Well isn't that an oft recurring theme; "their best game was against us". When does that stop being merely a coincidence or the result of uncontrollable factors?

Amazing isn't it?

Just by chance I suspect! eyeswear2allthatsholy

+1

Interesting how I didnt find anyone predicting a MASH unit on offense including the QB position by game 7.

this is so true. first it was the grace period every coach should get. then it was getting into a new conference. year three in the new conference and six of the coach's tenure and now it is injuries.

1. 4 losses

2. Disappointing end to the season

3. Fumbles

My Personal Prediction:

1. Smash my flat screen TV during Huskers broadcast(s). Kinda like Peggy Hill behavior at "Suite Smells of Excess" episode (starring Nebrasky Cornhuskers). A matter of time!

Huskers Predictions:

1. Not cured negative turnover ratio :steam

2. Upset Michigan at big house but trap game result......loss. Perhaps SDSU? It reminds me of App.St vs Michigan a few years ago.

3. 10W and 4L, again. (Bo's 6 year streak still unbroken)

1) We will not beat anyone of significance

2) We will not win anything of significance (conf, bowl game)

3) We will lose 3 games

1. 4 losses (hey, its a Pelini Tradition) 2. Martinez gets hurt in UCLA game and 3. We end up playing in the Capitol One bowl, losing to S Car.

for the sunshine pumpers...

1. Win 10 Solid games 2. Kellogg has a break out year and 3. We go to one of the best non BCS bowls.

STOP ME IF YOU'VE HEARD THIS ONE BEFORE

Taylor puts up some big numbers but also has some crucial turnovers that could be arguably game-costing

The defense looks good at times but like swiss cheese at other times, we could see both single-digit performances and 50+ points put up on us

We lose 2 of our big games and one game that we shouldn't lose, and probably lose the bowl game, en route to a 10-3 or 9-4 season. I am so jaded at this point.

Congratulations, gentlemen. You were right on track.

You seriously think "every team has injuries" is the same as losing your 4th year starting QB and over half the OL including a preseason All-American? How would Alabama do if AJ McCarron got hurt along with 4 OL and they played their backups most of the season. They'd probably lose to ATM at the least. Look at Phil Steele's articles about starters lost to injury and how it affects the game results.

I predict Alabama wouldn't lose to Minnesota.

You seriously think "every team has injuries" is the same as losing your 4th year starting QB and over half the OL including a preseason All-American? How would Alabama do if AJ McCarron got hurt along with 4 OL and they played their backups most of the season. They'd probably lose to ATM at the least. Look at Phil Steele's articles about starters lost to injury and how it affects the game results.

I predict Alabama wouldn't lose to Minnesota.

Apples and oranges. But really, send Bama up to Minnysoda without McCarron, and to quote Lee Corso, "It would be closer than the experts think."

What excuse. I pointed out a fact that we've had a boat load of injuries on offense, including our QB, another fact that I didnt find anyone predicting that, and the last fact that I find that interesting.

Any other spin you wanna put on it Pat?

You seriously dont think losing Martinez and Long hurt?

Every team has injuries. We'll have them next year too. The OL has stepped up fine, and Martinez was in the game for 2 of our losses. Injured or not, we were losing both still, and I don't think he'd magically win us the MSU game either. We're still a 3 loss team either way. Only difference is we might not have needed a hail mary to beat NW.

And that has what to do with Nebraska giving up 38 unanswered to UCLA, or 34 and almost 300 yards rushing to Minnesota? Did those OL injuries cause our 5 turnovers against MSU? We'd still be a 3 loss team with every one of them.

Ask Missouri about losing a starting QB. Boyd is banged up for Clemson. Florida is down a couple QBs and a few OL. Florida State's backfield is getting pounded. Georgia has no WRs left. Iowa state lost two OL in the same day to MCLs a few weeks ago. LSU has a QB w/ ankle issues, 2 WRs out. Michigan might like Bellomy back right about now, but that ACL isn't going to work to well especially behind their dinged up OL. Northwestern is down 3 running backs (even our depth would suffer w/ that). Notre Dame doesn't have a LBer or DL left I dont' think, and a starting QB that doesn't go to class. Ohio State has missed Braxton for parts of this season and his banged up w/ a shoulder now. Throw in 5 defensive backs that are out, a TE, and their DT they lost last week and they might argue they aren't very luck either. Oklahoma is short a QB, and a couple WRs. Texas is out a starting QB, starting RB, receivers, OL, LBer, FB, backup RB, etc. Mash Unit? Look at UCLA right now. USC is down to about 45 scholly, and winning with only 13 players playing on defense becaues they are so thin. Something like 12 guys out for the season. Wasn't a big enough excuse to keep Kiffins job though.

Looking through some of the other ones was interesting reading how everyone thought sparty was going to be terrible

I remember one poster getting especially butthurt about Herbstreit picking MSU to win the division. I think he said making such a prediction is a slap to the face of the rest of the division. That was funny.

Looking through some of the other ones was interesting reading how everyone thought sparty was going to be terrible

I remember one poster getting especially butthurt about Herbstreit picking MSU to win the division. I think he said making such a prediction is a slap to the face of the rest of the division. That was funny.

yeah, i remember that too. a lot of people complained about how the media just wants to make bold predictions to seem like geniuses if they pan out, but everyone will forget if they do not. i do, vaguely, remember one such conversation. and they always pointed to the msu pick as being the most absurd.

yeah, i remember that too. a lot of people complained about how the media just wants to make bold predictions to seem like geniuses if they pan out, but everyone will forget if they do not. i do, vaguely, remember one such conversation. and they always pointed to the msu pick as being the most absurd.

I was one of those guys I believe. I'll admit it. But again, it makes them look like geniuses now doesnt? Or if their defense fails to return some picks to start the year, and they begin conference play in the dumps from their 1-3 start again whoever the hell, then maybe they dont look so smart.

A prediction is a prediction for a reason. And at that time there was a hell of a lot more reason to believe they would be wrong about Michigan St that there was for them to actually be where they are. NO ONE expected Michigan to wind up this bad, and no one expected Nebraska to have this sort of an offensive issue at this time either. Who expected Northwestern to be 0-6 in conference? That's what I'm getting at. it's a prediction, and there's nothing wrong with critiquing it and laughing at the circumstances of such.

Every team has injuries. We'll have them next year too. The OL has stepped up fine, and Martinez was in the game for 2 of our losses. Injured or not, we were losing both still, and I don't think he'd magically win us the MSU game either. We're still a 3 loss team either way. Only difference is we might not have needed a hail mary to beat NW.

And that has what to do with Nebraska giving up 38 unanswered to UCLA, or 34 and almost 300 yards rushing to Minnesota? Did those OL injuries cause our 5 turnovers against MSU? We'd still be a 3 loss team with every one of them.

Ask Missouri about losing a starting QB. Boyd is banged up for Clemson. Florida is down a couple QBs and a few OL. Florida State's backfield is getting pounded. Georgia has no WRs left. Iowa state lost two OL in the same day to MCLs a few weeks ago. LSU has a QB w/ ankle issues, 2 WRs out. Michigan might like Bellomy back right about now, but that ACL isn't going to work to well especially behind their dinged up OL. Northwestern is down 3 running backs (even our depth would suffer w/ that). Notre Dame doesn't have a LBer or DL left I dont' think, and a starting QB that doesn't go to class. Ohio State has missed Braxton for parts of this season and his banged up w/ a shoulder now. Throw in 5 defensive backs that are out, a TE, and their DT they lost last week and they might argue they aren't very luck either. Oklahoma is short a QB, and a couple WRs. Texas is out a starting QB, starting RB, receivers, OL, LBer, FB, backup RB, etc. Mash Unit? Look at UCLA right now. USC is down to about 45 scholly, and winning with only 13 players playing on defense becaues they are so thin. Something like 12 guys out for the season. Wasn't a big enough excuse to keep Kiffins job though.

Nebraska played poorly against UCLA and Minny with just Martinez hurt (not sure about Long for Minny). We should have played better, no argument there. But MSU we might win with TM under center and Turner catching punts. No guarantees, but I certainly think it's reasonable to assume we'd played better with fewer players hurt than with more injuries.

I agree that every team has injuries, but that does not mean that all injuries and situations are the same or similar. I'm talking about losing some of the best players on the team and at critical positions. A quick scan of your list shows the teams with similar amount of injuries (only my opinion obviously) as Florida, Georgia, Iowa State, Michigan, NW, ND, Texas. None are ranked that I see. Do any of them have a better record than Nebraska? Seems like other teams are doing about as well as us with similar injuries. Not an excuse, just an observation.

I was one of those guys I believe. I'll admit it. But again, it makes them look like geniuses now doesnt? Or if their defense fails to return some picks to start the year, and they begin conference play in the dumps from their 1-3 start again whoever the hell, then maybe they dont look so smart.

A prediction is a prediction for a reason. And at that time there was a hell of a lot more reason to believe they would be wrong about Michigan St that there was for them to actually be where they are. NO ONE expected Michigan to wind up this bad, and no one expected Nebraska to have this sort of an offensive issue at this time either. Who expected Northwestern to be 0-6 in conference? That's what I'm getting at. it's a prediction, and there's nothing wrong with critiquing it and laughing at the circumstances of such.

i agree with you. and the reason they thought msu would be the top of the divisions was because of their great defense, but they are really where they are because the whole division under-performed.

i agree with you. and the reason they thought msu would be the top of the divisions was because of their great defense, but they are really where they are because the whole division under-performed.

Yes. And another thing, pulling the "I told you so" card really torques me off. And come a week from tommorrow, there's gonna be a whole hell of a lot of that, one way or another. Dont think I'll be able to bear it.