**B1G Media Days: Assistant captains, and Bo’s Valentine message**

"Pelini and Frost don't see eye to eye" is something I've read at least a dozen times. But no one is ever able to expand on that statement.

Now we know why.

I think it has a lot more to do with another board that spread some rumors, over and over and over.

There are OTHER BOARDS?!

I've head the same rumor of other boards in existence, but they are of no account and less importance.

I know of one that will no longer take new posters, you had to have loved. billy C to have an account.

It's not the cable union conspiracty site is it? SMART BOMB!!!

Couple things from the article

1.) I wonder if Scott might feel a bit of a connection with Taylor. Both are tough as nails and hard nosed competitors who took a lot of heat early, and of all things it had quiet a bit to do with throwing the ball.

2.) I really got the impression that we might see a lot 3 man fronts this year with Pelini's comment about the defense being more "multiple". That's the first time I think I've heard him use that word in regards to the defense. I wonder if we also might see some amoeba looks since Wiscy gave us fits with that in the CC game, and I think there were some glimpses of it when Crick was here.

A. I LOVED this article, nice thread!

B. Cue the "Bench press doesn't mean anything" crowd

C. Cue the "When I was in high school we had 4 guys benching over 350 and that was at a C-2 school" crowd

Class B...and we had at least 3 linemen guys benching over 350. One of them used to play for the Arizona Cardinals ;)

Bench press is a great thing to measure strength in linemen in my opinion.

There it is!

The 3 man front is interesting...I wonder what 3 would fit that front

gregory, randle/williams/valentine, ankrah?

That wouldn't be so bad.

I am not sure I see randy lining up inside. I could see him being the open end on air but not in a gap

Yea, I fixed it up a little, but I didn't really know where to put Randle and didn't wanna leave him out. He does have experience. Randle seems to be better for a 4 front.

C. Cue the "When I was in high school we had 4 guys benching over 350 and that was at a C-2 school" crowd

Class B...and we had at least 3 linemen guys benching over 350. One of them used to play for the Arizona Cardinals ;)

So the peak of his career was playing in high school with you? :lol:

You're the 4.35 40 guy right?

So the peak of his career was playing in high school with you? :lol:

Ya got me...I'd like to think it was ;) I'm sure it wasn't. This was in the 1990's and early 2000's.

Who are the two ex nfl players?

Via OWH:

“I think it’s going to be important to get some time for our backup and see where it goes, because you never know,” Pelini said. “We’ve been really fortunate with Taylor (Martinez) that we haven’t lost him for any extended period of time. We’ve been lucky. Now we’re kind of set up — we’re more capable of handling a long-term injury by our quarterback even though we don’t want that happen. I’d feel a little bit better if we were to lose him now for a game than I was a year or two ago. It could have been disastrous.”

Pelini giving a bit of inside info....love it.

His comments speak to me as thus:

We have been thin, thin, thin in terms of bodies and talent. The fact we won as many games as we have is sounding pretty remarkable. We all knew losing Matin-ez would be no bueno, but to hear about not being able to try different schemes on D is really telling.

I've said all along (mostly to myself or my brother) I thought the 2nd five years of the Pelini era were actually what we should really be judging his capabilities on. The culture shift and the turmoil were a lot of hurdles to get to where he can say publicly that we now have talented depth (if not inexperienced) going forward.

I like pelini's maturation in giving fans some tidbits and in dealing w the media; even if it is only during B1G days.