“I wouldn’t trade my staff for any”

Cotton is slowly being moved into pure administrative roles.

That's certainly been the mantra from the message boards over the last few years. Barney still works with the OL, so it's hard to say who's doing what. The OL is getting better and that's all I really care about from the OL coaches.

That's certainly been the mantra from the message boards over the last few years. Barney still works with the OL, so it's hard to say who's doing what. The OL is getting better and that's all I really care about from the OL coaches.

Yes, but Barney is likely our weakest recruiter. I'd assume the person that takes over his role (or whatever role is created at the time of the hire) will be a major improvement over Barney in that area...and that's enough for me.

since we are discussing barney pushing pencils and playing solitaire on his computer all day, how many years does stai have left as a graduate assistant? or was he just an intern?

I wouldn't mind seeing them bring in a QB coach.... Just because having two offensive line coaches worked so well for us in the past, doesn't mean it is something that we "must" do. I feel that Garrison could handle the responsibilities....

since we are discussing barney pushing pencils and playing solitaire on his computer all day, how many years does stai have left as a graduate assistant? or was he just an intern?

I wouldn't mind seeing them bring in a QB coach.... Just because having two offensive line coaches worked so well for us in the past, doesn't mean it is something that we "must" do. I feel that Garrison could handle the responsibilities....

this ganz's last year? (cripes i cant remember if he is an intern or ga.) or did he get a full time gig already? he and stai were the 2 i could see getting a full time position if barney was to get a desk job.

Yes, but Barney is likely our weakest recruiter. I'd assume the person that takes over his role (or whatever role is created at the time of the hire) will be a major improvement over Barney in that area...and that's enough for me.

Is there anything to back up Barney being a weak recruiter? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I've seen quite a few quotes from recruits saying they liked Barney.

Not sure where to post this but ran into some interesting comment about Bo:

What Others Think of Bo Pelini

Nice backhanded compliment from hookemHeadlines

think Bo Pelini is the right coach for the Huskers. He might not have the talent on defense to compete with the big boys, but there is nothing wrong with 9-10 win seasons at a place like Nebraska.

Yeah, I caught that too. Of course, Texas would have been thrilled with 10 wins the last few years. :lol:

There was nothing else that could be said. These news bulletins are just a waste of time. I think Bo likes his staff, but I do think they are yes men, not a negative, Just a way to keep the climate controlled. We did not hire a top level DC due to that reason. Someone telling Bo no or we are going to do it a different way, would most likely not fly in the past. Maybe now, but not initially. Not a bad trait, not a reason for concern. My guess is that Saben is exactly the same. You have to have a plan to get there, making the road rocky does not help. But I do believe this is Bo's defense, not Pap's. Bo is and has admitted to being a control freak. Most young coaches are. As he grows more confident in them, the reins loosen.

Zook and Stoops were both possibilities when we were looking for a DC. Stoops wanted to go back and coach with his brother, and Zook, it seemed didn't want to accept the demotion, or didn't wanna coach under a guy he once coached at tOSU.

I feel the actions of some of the players would tell you that Bo doesn't mind when someone has an opposing opinion as long as it is right ie Damian Stafford against Penn State.