“I wouldn’t trade my staff for any”

It would be interesting (and unlikely) if papuchis would get fired without Bo being fired

Pelini hasnt 'fired' anyone in his tenure. Coaches leave, but they have other jobs when doing so, either a promotion or a lateral move. And I don't expect that to change.

Sanders? Forced to resign close enough?

The thing with Bo is he might be loyal to a fault, but it's not to an outrageous fault. If he knows someone is cancerous to his program they're going to go - he just will make sure to do it in a respectful way without villainizing them in the public eye.

Spoken like a true future Michiganian

omg stop being a try-too-hard wat are you even implying i am crying now thnx ;-;

It would be interesting (and unlikely) if papuchis would get fired without Bo being fired

Pelini hasnt 'fired' anyone in his tenure. Coaches leave, but they have other jobs when doing so, either a promotion or a lateral move. And I don't expect that to change.

Sanders? Forced to resign close enough?

The thing with Bo is he might be loyal to a fault, but it's not to an outrageous fault. If he knows someone is cancerous to his program they're going to go - he just will make sure to do it in a respectful way without villainizing them in the public eye.

Carl.

What is he supposed to say? "I got a couple of bums on the staff I really want to get rid of, but can't think of a nice way to tell them to screw off?"

Maybe Pelini should ask Callahan for some advice on how to get rid of dead weight! Firing your friends is tough. Not firing them can cost you your job!

What is he supposed to say? "I got a couple of bums on the staff I really want to get rid of, but can't think of a nice way to tell them to screw off?"

Maybe Pelini should ask Callahan for some advice on how to get rid of dead weight! Firing your friends is tough. Not firing them can cost you your job!

Just who would you say the "dead weight" on the staff is?

Papuchis and Cotton! Next question?

Why would you fire Cotton? Just because that fits the easy fan narrative over the last 5 years? The OL has gotten better every year under Cotton. And, as far as I can remember, most of the OL recruits mention Barney as a good guy and one of the reasons they came to NU.

Papuchis is certainly up there as somebody who could get the ax based on the D's performance. But according to many on this message board, Pelini is the real DC of this team. Why then would you fire Pap?

Why would you fire Cotton? Just because that fits the easy fan narrative over the last 5 years? The OL has gotten better every year under Cotton. And, as far as I can remember, most of the OL recruits mention Barney as a good guy and one of the reasons they came to NU.

Papuchis is certainly up there as somebody who could get the ax based on the D's performance. But according to many on this message board, Pelini is the real DC of this team. Why then would you fire Pap?

Yes, the fans recognize ineptness. Barney is what you see. And, if Bo wanted to be the DC, why elevate someone to be a token DC? That in its self does not provide for good leadership.

Yes, the fans recognize ineptness. Barney is what you see. And, if Bo wanted to be the DC, why elevate someone to be a token DC? That in its self does not provide for good leadership.

No, fans recognize when a guy is doing things both right and wrong. The offensive line has improved steadily, and whether that's attributable to them being better athletes or being better coached, most of that falls back to the guy who brought him here and is coaching them--Barney Cotton.

Leadership is accomplished many many ways. Only narrow minds see one path to the goal.

There was nothing else that could be said. These news bulletins are just a waste of time. I think Bo likes his staff, but I do think they are yes men, not a negative, Just a way to keep the climate controlled. We did not hire a top level DC due to that reason. Someone telling Bo no or we are going to do it a different way, would most likely not fly in the past. Maybe now, but not initially. Not a bad trait, not a reason for concern. My guess is that Saben is exactly the same. You have to have a plan to get there, making the road rocky does not help. But I do believe this is Bo's defense, not Pap's. Bo is and has admitted to being a control freak. Most young coaches are. As he grows more confident in them, the reins loosen.

• Fire 1