Worse person to have around during a Husker game?

Hmmm... sounds like everyone in this thread needs to just watch the games by themselves lol

That's what I do for big road games. Can't watch them with anyone. Family clears out of the house, I get the TV to myself and get pissed off (most of the time, lately) when we're losing. I'm terrible to be around during games like UCLA, Ohio State and the CCG last year. Wasn't a whole lot better during the Wiscy game, but I was in the stands for that one.

Hmmm... sounds like everyone in this thread needs to just watch the games by themselves lol

That's what I do for big road games. Can't watch them with anyone. Family clears out of the house, I get the TV to myself and get pissed off (most of the time, lately) when we're losing. I'm terrible to be around during games like UCLA, Ohio State and the CCG last year. Wasn't a whole lot better during the Wiscy game, but I was in the stands for that one.

I was cussing up a storm during the Wiscy game at home while I was in the stands....

No kids were around, but I apologized to the people around me for my sh**ty behavior. Glad NEB still won that game. I was just completely dumbfounded in the first half. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.....

I used to get like that. I used to throw my hat, A LOT. Last year I just stopped doing all of that stuff. I always felt that we had a chance to come back and just kept believing it was going to happen. I will note that I missed most of the UCLA game, except for the 4th quarter and I missed everything from the OSU game except the 1st quarter. I might've been in a slightly foul mood had I watched the entirety of those games, but not as bad as I used to.

The doom and gloom guy sucks to watch with. And I am a doom and gloom guy.

I have watched how it affects the dynamic in the room. Even worse, when there is more that one of us, we seem to feed off each other and escalate it.

It's for this reason that I am going to try to "turn over a new leaf" this fall.

Wish me luck.

Good luck :thumbs Don't just try treating your behavior, because that's the symptom; treat the cause, which is placing too much value onto some arbitrary numbers and results achieved by young men that aren't linked to you in any way.

At the end of the day, it really is just a game and there's no results that will come from it that can bring people lasting joy. Enjoy the ride for what it is :)

This really surprises me in fact. Didn't take you for the type.

I am another person who used to get furious and yell and scream during NU losses. I think it's a combination that I have gotten older and maybe I have "gotten used" to NU losing more often, in that I now just kinda sit there in silence. If anything, I will just laugh to myself like "wow, that just happened?".

During the Big 10 title game last year, I couldn't even get mad. It was just like "wow, this is happening again". I didn't watch a single play in the 2nd half. Our block was having a Christmas Party, so I went and enjoyed myself at that.

I don't think that this makes me "less of a fan", it's just that I have grown more mature and have bigger priorities (wife and children) in life.

Games like UCLA, tOSU, and CCG from last year drive me to drink, ALOT. But, it helps when my friends do the same and we all get pissed off together.

Funny thing is...others take it differently....I drink much less after a loss...I might have 1 to 2 more drinks and I'm done. When NEB wins a big game though, I get drunk as sh#t! I keep on celebrating. I soak it all in and so does my liver.

Games like UCLA, tOSU, and CCG from last year drive me to drink, ALOT. But, it helps when my friends do the same and we all get pissed off together.

Funny thing is...others take it differently....I drink much less after a loss...I might have 1 to 2 more drinks and I'm done. When NEB wins a big game though, I get drunk as sh#t! I keep on celebrating. I soak it all in and so does my liver.

Man, in the comebacks against Ohio State and Wisconsin the last 2 years, I was drinking a lot after those games. I was so excited and pumped, I didn't want to stop drinking and having fun.

AyDLHtoCIAA6N3M.jpg

• Fire 1

I am another person who used to get furious and yell and scream during NU losses. I think it's a combination that I have gotten older and maybe I have "gotten used" to NU losing more often, in that I now just kinda sit there in silence. If anything, I will just laugh to myself like "wow, that just happened?".

During the Big 10 title game last year, I couldn't even get mad. It was just like "wow, this is happening again". I didn't watch a single play in the 2nd half. Our block was having a Christmas Party, so I went and enjoyed myself at that.

I don't think that this makes me "less of a fan", it's just that I have grown more mature and have bigger priorities (wife and children) in life.

That reminds me of another insufferable fan stereotype (not accusing you of this) -

the guy that mockingly and sarcastically laughs at all of our mistakes. Any time there's a false start or a turnover or a missed coverage, they pretend like it is legitimately the funniest thing they have experienced all day as their way of coping without being accused of being "angry".

• Fire 1

This is only OK if it is your decision. There is nothing worse than being told by the wife, "Nebraska isn't going to win, so change the channel to this, or come with me to the store, or let's go visit so and so."

The lost guy who says you are sitting in HIS seats:

My family has had the same seats since 1963- Ive been sitting in them since 1970- IM NOT in the wrong seats bub

THE OVERWEIGHT or regular people fpr that matter who WONT sit on their number- requiring ME not to sit on my number- and people squeezing me to death

SIT ON YOUR NUMBER- NOT MINE. Ive been sitting in seat 12 for the last 43 years- that is where I want to sit

The cursing guy:

Slinging F bombs everywhere when you have your 7 year old son sitting right next to you along with your wife, sitting right behind him

This IS NEBRASKA, not Colorado, Missouri or Wisconsin

The woman who knows 3-4 football buzz words and is very vocal in using them- most of the time incorrectly, while implying the coaches and players dont know diddly

The sunshine pumpers who find zero fault in anything- ever

The guys who DONT know the rules- who spout off that they do: Example= some knucklehead next to me, was screaming that you have 2 SECONDS to hit the QB after he throws the ball to avoid a roughing call. He played HS football and knew the rules- he was 5'4" and maybe a buck 35- yeah right.

The guys who say sit down- when there are 30 rows of fans standing up in front of me

The 6'4" guy in front of me- who stands when no one else in the stadium is standing- requiring me to stand

The people who WONT stand up to let you pass when you have that situation we all hate- having to go the restroom- or youre going to piss your pants

The "technique" guy who spouts off whenever a DB doesnt have his face to the QB- it's called trail technique dude, they didnt use that when you played YMCA 3rd grade football

The people discussing intensely personal info between themselves- not in whispers. This is a football game, not a therapy session

It was so much better when we had the same season ticket holders at every game, little community= was like that for 20-30 years Now many of the faces change AND a good number of the seats around us, filled by different people every week.

The wave- I hate it- especially when the hairy faced women in front of me are paying more attention to the progress of the wave, than the game

It's why I wear the big old fashioned radio headphones that block out all sound- but 1110 KFAB

You forgot one.

The grunpy old guy who wears the 1970's headphones & complains about everyone around them.

old-guy-headphones.jpg?w=698

• Fire 1

This is only OK if it is your decision. There is nothing worse than being told by the wife, "Nebraska isn't going to win, so change the channel to this, or come with me to the store, or let's go visit so and so."

My wife generally knows to schedule things around Husker games in the fall. The only thing that might come up are soccer games for my son, if the game is during the day. She just lets me watch the game by myself in our main TV room, and she won't bother me.