Worse person to have around during a Husker game?

the guy who keeps getting stats, facts, and figures just slightly wrong throughout conversations, forcing me to decide to be either A) the guy who knows everything or B) the guy who keeps his mouth shut.

I hate the guy who just can't get the names of past/current Huskers right. There is Grant Winstrom, Jason Peters, Matt Davidson, are three off the top of my head.

• Fire 1

I am going to follow in Tcshu's shoes on this one. I have a friend:

-Huge Florida St fan. He was born and raised in Nebraska if I am not mistaken, parents from Colorado, huge Denver Broncos fan (no problem rooting for Broncos, don't understand Florida St.)

-Knows plenty about college football and the game, but gets most of his info from the ESPN talking heads. Uses their info. as a way to validate his arguments....gets annoying. Oh....and he's never played a down of tackle football in his life.

-I tell him my opinions on the Huskers and he acts like he knows more about them than me, yet he wasn't a fan of the Huskers about 6 years ago...he despised the Huskers. He is a supposed fan now b/c all of his best friends, including me, are diehard Husker fans.

-I told him last year and even this year, NEB has the best WR core in the BIG10 and he completely disagrees. I am like, "Who's better?" He responds with, "Michigan, Ohio St." Yeah...you thought that one up all by yourself because they have better recruiting classes....yet it doesn't mean sh#t when trying to prove which WR core is better.

-He states that he is a Husker fan, yet I can't really take his word for it, because with any good he has to say, he has to bash the Huskers as well.

-He's a good friend of mine, but damn, he pisses me off sometimes. He is the guy that thinks his Florida St team will go the natty title every year. Seriously.....I've mentioned to him the fact that his team comes in the top 10 in recruiting every year and hasn't done jack sh#t (except for last years BCS bowl win). He got uber pissed about that by the way. Now, other than that, Florida St gets the recruits, but doesn't perform up to their expectations in terms of winning.

I would say most people from the state of Iowa. I live in the Des Moines Area and there are a lot of Hawk and Cyclone fans, obviously. I get a lot of crap from them and they think they know all about husker football. you could say that it's very annoying. oh and the "wow taylor martinez is still your quarterback? ha that sucks, he is terrible"

I love "old fashioned radio headphones" guy!!!!! Especially if he has binoculars around his neck to better view the action. The "binoculars" are even better if they are the fake ones filled with booze.

NUance?

Love that guy.

Man, old fashion radio headphones guy is both the best and the worst!

We get it, you want to hear the game...a few seconds behind the play happening in front of you. HAHA

I love "old fashioned radio headphones" guy!!!!! Especially if he has binoculars around his neck to better view the action. The "binoculars" are even better if they are the fake ones filled with booze.

NUance?

Love that guy.

We get it, you want to hear the game...a few seconds behind the play happening in front of you. HAHA

Back in the day, over the air broadcasts were generally pretty close to being live. But, the FCC cracked down a few years ago, so everything is on a 7-second delay. That would be the tough thing with watching the game at a tailgate right next to the stadium. You would hear the reaction of the crowd, before the play is shown on TV.

I have to say that I tend to be the doom and gloom guy, especially if the Huskers are getting beat early by some team they should be handling, or if one of those situations start to occur that has remarkable similarity to sometime where we lost.

The anitdote for my doom and gloom is my sisters sunshine pumping. I gave up watching the CCG game at half following that WTF "drive" by Wisky in like 20 seconds.

She was like, "Come on, we can come back in the second half."

I said "Come on, there must be something better on the DVR."

LOL

Even after Taylor threw the early second half pick she was still hitting the Kool Aid pretty hard.

When she does that, it makes me feel guilty for being negative and therefor I make less negative comments.

So that's a net positive.

I think.

LOL

NUance?

Love that guy.

They do so:

To get stats- injury reports

Scores and details from other games

AND to drown out the silly chatter and nonsense people who dont know anything about the game are spouting off

Barstool coaches and refs.

Shut the f up and watch the game, if you could do better than you would be out there making millions coaching.

I have to say that I tend to be the doom and gloom guy, especially if the Huskers are getting beat early by some team they should be handling, or if one of those situations start to occur that has remarkable similarity to sometime where we lost.

The anitdote for my doom and gloom is my sisters sunshine pumping. I gave up watching the CCG game at half following that WTF "drive" by Wisky in like 20 seconds.

She was like, "Come on, we can come back in the second half."

I said "Come on, there must be something better on the DVR."

LOL

Even after Taylor threw the early second half pick she was still hitting the Kool Aid pretty hard.

When she does that, it makes me feel guilty for being negative and therefor I make less negative comments.

So that's a net positive.

I think.

LOL

I'm not quite as big of a kool aid drinker as your sister but Im up there. I'll watch the game till the last play, then switch as soon as I can before the interviews. I can't stand watching with my father as he is the doom and gloom guy.

The doom and gloom guy sucks to watch with. And I am a doom and gloom guy.

I have watched how it affects the dynamic in the room. Even worse, when there is more that one of us, we seem to feed off each other and escalate it.

It's for this reason that I am going to try to "turn over a new leaf" this fall.

Wish me luck.