UCLA Game worries

Ok, fair enough....I over-reacted. But would you at least admit that there was no doubt that on that day UCLA was the better team and that the win was no fluke?

Ummmm..... No.

Interesting take that the better team was outgained by 200 yards, outscored by 6, out first downed by 6, and lost TOP by 15 minutes. Just sayin :)

I'd have a pretty difficult time making a case for Nebraska being "the better team" that day in the Rose Bowl. Not sure how anyone could make that case.

Wasn't that the game that we gave up a school record in rushing yards? Or was that one of the blowout loss debacles? They all kind of blend together for me after a while.

I'd have a pretty difficult time making a case for Nebraska being "the better team" that day in the Rose Bowl. Not sure how anyone could make that case.

Wasn't that the game that we gave up a school record in rushing yards? Or was that one of the blowout loss debacles? They all kind of blend together for me after a while.

Agreed. They won the game so they were the better team that day. But I don't think the difference was as much as he claimed. Both teams would have won several times if they played 10 games (I think).

This thread is deja vu all over again. I was conifident enough last year that I put some hard-earned money on a game for the first time in 5 years. I won't make the same mistake again.

Speed is great, unless you can't tackle. How many times over the last few years have we had a player in position only to wiff on the tackle? The young LBs will have to prove they can do both.

Ok, fair enough....I over-reacted. But would you at least admit that there was no doubt that on that day UCLA was the better team and that the win was no fluke?

Ummmm..... No.

Interesting take that the better team was outgained by 200 yards, outscored by 6, out first downed by 6, and lost TOP by 15 minutes. Just sayin :)

troll.jpg

Ummmm..... No.

troll.jpg

He's trolling for stating the truth?

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Ummmm..... No.

troll.jpg

He's trolling for stating the truth?

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Inconceivable!

OK - point taken. It seems to me that the OP is using the game statistics to imply that UCLA won the game in a blowout and that they were the vastly superior squad; and to aggravate people and elicit angry responses. He must know that this is not the case. In fact, the game was decided in the final minutes; not by the losing team being outplayed but rather by a couple of bad mental mistakes which handed a very winnable game over to the opposition. We had the ball and decent field position with 3 minutes left to drive down the field, score and win the game. Instead, Taylor flipped a wounded quail into double coverage that my grandmother could have picked off. My grandmother, incidentally, has been dead for 20 years. So the loss was painful and "flukey" at best. Sometimes good teams get upset on the road...that's college football.

On the other hand, I am somewhat flabbergasted that some of my fellow huskerboarders are willing to put forth victory and score predictions without even seeing the first game. For the last two years the blackshirts have been questionable on their best days and downright embarrassing on their worst. I will still be amazed if UCLA gets out of Lincoln with a W, but mostly just because it hasn't happened since the advent of the chinstrap. However, I think even a modicum of consistency is way too much to expect from this offense; especially with burkhead gone. As for defense, I'd like to think there's no way they could be worse; but I think we all know that's not true. I'll put my husker victory prediction in when the contest crib comes up (read: I never pick the other team.) Either way, I'll not be crying uncle for last years game, as I believe the huskers played well enough to deserve a win. Had the game been played in Lincoln, I think they would have prevailed.

For the record, I find it decidedly disturbing that I have to go to the effing brokeback.com board to talk about the wyoming game.