Bo Pelini's Job Security Examined

<insert comparison to Tom Osborne's first five years here>

Taking over for B2B national champs and Bob Devany: 5 top 10 finishes. 1 (shared) conference title, 2 major bowl appearances, 1 major bowl win.

Taking over for Bill Callahan: 0 top 10 finishes. 0 conference titles, 0 major bowl appearances.

Han-Solo-trollface-troll-star-wars-1300627027V-620x330.jpg

The Bill Callahan excuse went out of style after the 2011 season. You look very unfashionable right now.

that isnt an excuse, that is a comparison between the situations. we can do it without using coaches names if you'd like but then you'd call that an excuse too.

Taking over for B2B national champs and Bob Devany: 5 top 10 finishes. 1 (shared) conference title, 2 major bowl appearances, 1 major bowl win.

Taking over for Bill Callahan: 0 top 10 finishes. 0 conference titles, 0 major bowl appearances.

The Bill Callahan excuse went out of style after the 2011 season. You look very unfashionable right now.

4726_original_byrmq.gif

4726_original_byrmq.gif

Great wifi gif, saunders.

:thumbs

Good stuff. Pretty much agree, although the jury is out on if we can get over the hump. IMO the biggest issue with fans is impatience. Seems like the consensus is he needs to get over the hump, or have the bottom fall out so we can get the next guy here.

6 years is pretty patient in college football today.

Absolutely. But, unless the bottom falls out, he's not getting fired, and so we are stuck in limbo.

That's one way of looking at it. For me if we can't at least become a top 15 team again then....

...then let's just keep churning coaches in and out every five or six years until we get there? No thanks.

Sure. You don't have to agree with me. I said in my original post that I want to see Nebraska at least become prominent again and for me that means getting us back into being legitimate contenders again in terms of championships. We're struggling right now to make the top 20. Good enough for some but not me...

that isnt an excuse, that is a comparison between the situations. we can do it without using coaches names if you'd like but then you'd call that an excuse too.

ex·cuse

/ikˈskyo͞oz/

Verb

Attempt to lessen the blame attaching to (a fault or offense); seek to defend or justify.

5 top 10 finishes. 1 conference title, 2 major bowl appearances, 1 major bowl win.

0 top 10 finishes. 0 conference titles, 0 major bowl appearances.

Look at the pile of sh#t bo had to start with vs. TO. I'd also state that Bo has it much harder to get instate kids to want to play here because of BC. Talk to most any High School coach who's been doing it for a decade and they will tell you the relationships were destroyed and they no longer pimp UNL to their kids like they used too.

Good stuff. Pretty much agree, although the jury is out on if we can get over the hump. IMO the biggest issue with fans is impatience. Seems like the consensus is he needs to get over the hump, or have the bottom fall out so we can get the next guy here.

Absolutely. But, unless the bottom falls out, he's not getting fired, and so we are stuck in limbo.

People at the RSS are going to have their heads explode when Bo gets his new contract and a raise here shortly.

That's one way of looking at it. For me if we can't at least become a top 15 team again then....

...then let's just keep churning coaches in and out every five or six years until we get there? No thanks.

You don't have to agree with me.

That's good. For a moment there I was worried your opinion was binding. :D

You don't have to agree with me, either. And I might be wrong. It's the adventure of expressing your opinion. Often it's the most exciting part of my day.

You don't have to agree with me, either. And I might be wrong. It's the adventure of expressing your opinion. Often it's the most exciting part of my day.

Agreed and I might be wrong also! LOL. One thing I do know for sure is I'd rather be where we are now versus where we were with Bill C and Steve Pederson. Kind of puts things in perspective I guess!

• Fire 1

Agree w/ ya there. And I want to see him get 2014 to see what this young D can do with another year under the belts. But I was saying the exact same thing about 2013 and I'm not nearly had excited about it anymore. I thought going into last season...it would be tough, but we'd have a some momentum and a solid foundation built for 2013. Not the case on D anymore. Hopefully we aren't singing the same tune this time next year.

Agreed and I might be wrong also! LOL. One thing I do know for sure is I'd rather be where we are now versus where we were with Bill C and Steve Pederson. Kind of puts things in perspective I guess!

Amen! :wasted