Favorite Back-up

Monte Cristo

I am still mad Solich started Christo against Texas in 1998. The offense started out so slowly under Christo. Finally, NU came back when Crouch entered as QB, but the game was close enough for Applewhite and Ricky Williams to make the drive at the end to win the game. That snapped NU's 47-game home winning streak. Of course, after that game NU rattled off another 23-game home win streak (snapped by Texas, of course).

Doug Dubose - Great back. He was part back up, part starter, a lot injured but one of my all time favorite IB's to watch play. Still managed to string together back to back 1000 yard seasons playing with Jeff Smith, Keith Jones, Rathman etc. Went on to pay for the Niners. Too bad he was hooked on pain killers after his knee injury and never really got life back together.

Doug Dubose - Great back. He was part back up, part starter, a lot injured but one of my all time favorite IB's to watch play. Still managed to string together back to back 1000 yard seasons playing with Jeff Smith, Keith Jones, Rathman etc. Went on to pay for the Niners. Too bad he was hooked on pain killers after his knee injury and never really got life back together.

DuBose was a stud. He backed up Smith, and then tore up his knee when it was his turn. Keith Jones stepped in and played great, but DuBose could have been special.