Coaches poll is out

Just kidding. But seriously, they may drop a game or two, but I don't see many similarities to this year's Ohio State team and last year's USC team. USC had an absurdly over-hyped QB, and a couple legit WRs, but little else. I guess you might be onto something if Ohio State's depth is as non-existent as USC's. But more important than anything roster-related, there's a huge difference between Urban and Lane.

In my opinion - Ohio State has an absurdly over-hyped QB as well.

I hope you're right. I hope he flames out like Barkley did, but my money would be on Braxton being better than he was last season. He's already an elite runner at the position, and his passing has nowhere to go but up.

it could go down, though.

There's no room down there, hombre.

I'm no expert, but I believe there are multiple directions his passing could go (in, out, post , corner, etc.). Although, the most beneficial for us would probably be down! ;)

I wonder how far we will climb since our schedule is softer? hopefully right into the top ten come ccg. hopefully Ohio St will be unbeaten as well.

Well, if we enter the B1G Championship undefeated (says a prayer: Please God, Please) we should be top 3-4 easily....

I don't know about that high. I think we can win every game but they will be close and i don't see any blowouts against the better teams we play against if our defense is like last years. but easily within the top ten.

If we're 12-0 it's going to be near impossible to keep us out of the top 5. As much as some fans want to tell themselves that the media hates Nebraska, if we're undefeated they will want to "sell" that to the public as much as they can, given our tradition, etc.

Looking at the teams ranked above us and we are starting to go toe to toe with them.in recruiting. When bo first took over we were not recruiting against the top teams very well. All the teams above us have a great recruiting advantage based on region, weather and pure population standpoint. I think this staff is finding its groove and hope they continue moving the program the right direction. Our young talent on both sides of the ball will be exciting to watch this season and down.the road.

I wonder how far we will climb since our schedule is softer? hopefully right into the top ten come ccg. hopefully Ohio St will be unbeaten as well.

Well, if we enter the B1G Championship undefeated (says a prayer: Please God, Please) we should be top 3-4 easily....

I don't know about that high. I think we can win every game but they will be close and i don't see any blowouts against the better teams we play against if our defense is like last years. but easily within the top ten.

If we're 12-0 it's going to be near impossible to keep us out of the top 5. As much as some fans want to tell themselves that the media hates Nebraska, if we're undefeated they will want to "sell" that to the public as much as they can, given our tradition, etc.

yeah it would.

Others Receiving Votes:

Kansas State (11-2) 113; Miami (Fla.) 101; Michigan State 89; Baylor 80; Virginia Tech 65; Fresno State 62; Arizona State 51; Mississippi 32; Vanderbilt (9-4) 29; Utah State (11-2) 23; Brigham Young 20; North Carolina 19; Northern Illinois (12-2) 19; Tulsa (11-3) 9; Solich Boys 8; San Jose State (11-2) 8; Arizona 5; Cincinnati (10-3) 3; East Carolina 3; Kent State 3; Mississippi State 3; Washington 3; Central Florida 2; Arkansas 1; Arkansas State 1; Rutgers 1; Tennessee 1; Toledo 1

this is the one you like right?

jiFfM.jpg