expansion news

I dont want to see the 4 team pods in the Big Ten. Yeah itd be great to play every team as often as possible, but if we want a more Big 8 feel to our schedule its going to be better playing 7 division foes and two crossovers with no permanents.

Im sure our Western brethren are pretty much hating the new lineup. Adding another couple fill in like Virginia could be a breaking point that causes tension between schools like Iowa and Wisconsin vs the Big Ten.

The B1G would have to move 2 out of the 3 of Michigan, Michigan St or Ohio State to the Western division if they added more Eastern schools. Otherwise the population balance and recruiting availability will tilt way to heavily and the other schools won't stand a chance of being competitive year in and year out

I think you are missing the idea of a pod system. The 'divisions' change every year with a rotation of the pods. The only constant is the 3 other teams in your pod.

Pods would be based on rivalry and location.

I will use UVA and MIssou as the 2 expansion candidates just for giggles.

Pod1 - NU, Wiscy, MInn, Iowa

Pod2 - MIssou, NW, Illini, Purdue

Pod3- Mich, Mich St. OSU, Ind.

Pod4- PSU, Mary, Rut, UVA

Two year Big Red schedule as an example

Year 1 - Wiscy, Iowa, Minn, Missou, Illini, NW Purdue, Mich, Mich St.

Year 2- Wiscy, Iowa, Minn, Ind, OSU, PSU, Mary, UVA, Rut

Would this be better than the schedules you are seeing now? Lets throw OU in instead of Missou and keep them with NU in a Pod.....which would happen. Then it gets even better for NU.

Oh, and I agree with ND Joe. The OU rumors are probably from those expansion obsessed WVU folk.

Why would WVU fan's start a rumor about OU to the B1G when their only chance at a BCS conference is the Big XII?(which would collapse without OU)

I don't know, maybe when you finish a jug you stare at the bottom and see the future.

Yep...married to your sister and having 7 kids with a combined IQ of 3.

Why would WVU fan's start a rumor about OU to the B1G when their only chance at a BCS conference is the Big XII?(which would collapse without OU)

Probably because OU's Athletic Director went on record as saying expansion isn't dead last year...of course, it was just a "gut feeling"...

...and considering both Texass and Oklahoma have flirted with the B1G, it's not unexpected that Delaney would go west instead of East if it's Texass and Oklahoma. Hell, even Kansas and Oklahoma would work--not as glamorus from a football standpoint, but the basketball fans in the East would eat that up in a minute.

I have read WVU message boards from time to time with regard to expansion and noticed they seem to be more active on the topic than most. So much so they get picked on for it

by other message boards. I just assumed ND Joe noticed that as well.

No I get the Pod concept. The WAC used it back in the day. I still don't really wanna see it in the Big Ten. If Nebraska has no rivals at this point and even three years in some fans are dead set against the wheels even being in motion, how the hell are we supposed to count on an entertaining series ever developing if the divisions shift every year? The concept of two divisions still confuses some fans.

No I get the Pod concept. The WAC used it back in the day. I still don't really wanna see it in the Big Ten. If Nebraska has no rivals at this point and even three years in some fans are dead set against the wheels even being in motion, how the hell are we supposed to count on an entertaining series ever developing if the divisions shift every year? The concept of two divisions still confuses some fans.

Point taken on the divisions shifting a lot. I will miss playing Nebraska every year. I would like to play them every other year at least. I thought the 'parity based' scheduling I heard about would fix that, but I don't see it happening so far. I wonder if we will head toward playing a 10 game conference schedule. That would fix it too.

Why does the B1G want UVA? What do they bring to the table? Not a very good fan base, poor football, decent basketball & pretty good baseball. Are you in it for the baseball?

I still thank the B1G for taking Maryland off our hands and allowing us to add Louisville. Huge upgrade.

8 million TV sets and a population base that right now is mostly moving East and South.

Why does the B1G want UVA? What do they bring to the table? Not a very good fan base, poor football, decent basketball & pretty good baseball. Are you in it for the baseball?

I still thank the B1G for taking Maryland off our hands and allowing us to add Louisville. Huge upgrade.

I don't think fans really WANT uva. OU, Mizzou, FSU, KU, and GT, are probably preferred teams for football fans. There's just a lot of talk about UVA as a possibility.

8 million TV sets and a population base that right now is mostly moving East and South.

UVA fans don't watch football. They're a wine & cheese crowd.

I don't think fans really WANT uva. OU, Mizzou, FSU, KU, and GT, are probably preferred teams for football fans. There's just a lot of talk about UVA as a possibility.

GT struggles to fill the stands like Miami does. You don't want them.

UVA fans don't watch football. They're a wine & cheese crowd.

It doesn't matter who watches. it matters how many cable subscribers get it added to their basic cable packages.

• Fire 2