Paradoxical Seasons

You won't win this. You know that don't you?

not my fault ya'll like to conveniently ignore stats.

No, it's that at times we don't seem to understand your points. To recap and clarify:

1) Poster said in more or less words that we faced bigger threats at QB to run the ball in The Big Ten than we ever did in the Big 12. He made this point to back another point he made about the conference change being an undersold reason for the stagnation in defensive development.

2) You disagreed and told him he didn't watch anything but Husker games in a very snide way.

3) You brought up stats that weren't all correct in trying to prove what the other poster said was wrong using 1) Colt McCoy 2) Collin Klein and 3) RG3 (who we saw one time his whole career.

4) We tried to explain to you the difference between The Spread Option Offense that was ran by tOSU, MU, and NW being the reason that we said that they were bigger threats to take off and run and get more designed runs drawn up for them. The Big 12 teams run more Spread offenses that are pass first. I personally don't think it is hard to see how Dennard Robinson and Braxton Miller would be bigger threats in the running game and as I stated, more explosive runners (making them bigger threats to run) than Collin Klein and Colt McCoy.

first of all you did none of this. The original argument was that we didn't face running qb's in the Big 12 like we do in the Big Ten like(Kain Colter, Braxton Miller, Denard Robisnon). get it right. Then i listed 3 qb's that did run as much as the qb's we faced now which i backed up with stats. Yes i know what a spread option offense is and i don't care and was not apart of the argument. that was you that injected it into the discussion. I was never talking about explosiveness and neither was the poster. You want to know why those 3 qb's in the Big 12 didn't run all over us because we had an awesome defense when we played them.

Alright stats boy:

I will break down the rushing attempts, YPC, and total yards based on Sports-Reference.com from each QB we are talking about in the years we played them:

Klein in 2011

317 attempts, 1100 yards at 3.47 per carry

McCoy in 2011

129 attempts, 348 yards at 2.7 YPC

RG3 we saw in Bo's first season as HC. I'm not going to even include him.

Colter

2011) 135 attempts - 654 yards at 4.84 YPC

2012) 170 attempts - 894 yards at 5.25 YPC

Miller

2011) 159 attempts - 715 yards at 4.49 YPC

2012) 227 attempts - 1271 yards at 5.6 YPC

Robinson

2011) 221 attempts - 1176 yards at 5.32 YPC

2012) 177 attempts - 1266 yards at 7.15 YPC

As you see from the data above, the QBs that we have faced twice in two years have all averaged more per carry than both of the QBS you named and all three had more attempts than one of the QBs you named. By these numbers, I am going to conclude that as a whole, The Big Ten Spread Option QBs in the conversation are better runners and more explosive runners. They also get to carry the football a lot more than we saw QBs do in the Big 12.

See, this is when stats are facts.

No, it's that at times we don't seem to understand your points. To recap and clarify:

1) Poster said in more or less words that we faced bigger threats at QB to run the ball in The Big Ten than we ever did in the Big 12. He made this point to back another point he made about the conference change being an undersold reason for the stagnation in defensive development.

2) You disagreed and told him he didn't watch anything but Husker games in a very snide way.

3) You brought up stats that weren't all correct in trying to prove what the other poster said was wrong using 1) Colt McCoy 2) Collin Klein and 3) RG3 (who we saw one time his whole career.

4) We tried to explain to you the difference between The Spread Option Offense that was ran by tOSU, MU, and NW being the reason that we said that they were bigger threats to take off and run and get more designed runs drawn up for them. The Big 12 teams run more Spread offenses that are pass first. I personally don't think it is hard to see how Dennard Robinson and Braxton Miller would be bigger threats in the running game and as I stated, more explosive runners (making them bigger threats to run) than Collin Klein and Colt McCoy.

first of all you did none of this. The original argument was that we didn't face running qb's in the Big 12 like we do in the Big Ten like(Kain Colter, Braxton Miller, Denard Robisnon). get it right. Then i listed 3 qb's that did run as much as the qb's we faced now which i backed up with stats. Yes i know what a spread option offense is and i don't care and was not apart of the argument. that was you that injected it into the discussion. I was never talking about explosiveness and neither was the poster. You want to know why those 3 qb's in the Big 12 didn't run all over us because we had an awesome defense when we played them.

Alright stats boy:

I will break down the rushing attempts, YPC, and total yards based on Sports-Reference.com from each QB we are talking about in the years we played them:

Klein in 2011

McCoy in 2011

Colter

Miller

Robinson

As you see from the data above, the QBs that we have faced twice in two years have all averaged more per carry than both of the QBS you named and all three had more attempts than one of the QBs you named. By these numbers, I am going to conclude that as a whole, The Big Ten Spread Option QBs in the conversation are better runners and more explosive runners. They also get to carry the football a lot more than we saw QBs do in the Big 12.

+1, this should settle things but he still probable wont admit he's wrong

Alright stats boy:

Klein in 2011

McCoy in 2011

Colter

Miller

Robinson

ok but i was never talking about explosiveness. that is something you were doing all by yourself and neither was the poster cause he never stated it.

Mr. A - "The Big12? Well, it was sling it all over the yard with predominantly pocket style qb's. They were somewhat mobile, yes, but they were no Cain Colter. They were no Dennard Robinson, and sure the hell were no Braxton Miller. Our defense in the Big 12 was predicated on assuming pass every play, extensive film study and understanding the opponent's route tendancies out of all and any formations, and then topping it off by allowing Suh to pretty much single-handidly contain the opponent's run game. In the Big 10, some of the offenses may have still been spread, but were much more balanced. Now all a sudden our secondary has to become extremely involved in defending the run. This is not what they had been accustomed to. Now, pair that with a thin d-line and linebacker core, that also became extremely beat up and really wasnt all that talented to begin with, and it's no wonder we had the issues we had."

husker_99 - "what? seriously what? The Big 12 had no running qb's? now i even question if you watched games other than nebraska. The Big 12 had plenty of very mobile qb's."

This is what we're arguing. Mr. A. made a statement that didn't deserve the snotty remark you, husker_99, made. This is why a half dozen posters jumped you on this. You twisted Mr. A's words. You're wrong. End of story.

This whole ordeal started with you taking one sentence from a poster's post and stretching it into something he never said. I'll add that you did it with a very snide remark. You are guilty of this quite frequently.

He never one time said that the Big 12 did not have running QBs, he said that they were no Kolter, Miller, or Robinson; IMO, the three of the most athletic and EXPLOSIVE QBs we have played in our last two years.

Answer this question, when game planning to stop a mobile QB, which ones do you think gave Bo the most to prepare for? In terms of the running game???

Miller and Robinson?

Or

McCoy and Klein?

I think it goes without saying that McCoy and Klein are no Miller or Robinson.

RG3 was one hell of a player, but we played them in Bo's rookie year when he was a freshman. I hope you see the silliness in including him.

i asked if there was any restrictions and someone said 4-5 years and nothing was said about playing them.

This whole ordeal started with you taking one sentence from a poster's post and stretching it into something he never said. I'll add that you did it with a very snide remark. You are guilty of this quite frequently.

He never one time said that the Big 12 did not have running QBs, he said that they were no Kolter, Miller, or Robinson; IMO, the three of the most athletic and EXPLOSIVE QBs we have played in our last two years.

Answer this question, when game planning to stop a mobile QB, which ones do you think gave Bo the most to prepare for? In terms of the running game???

Miller and Robinson?

Or

McCoy and Klein?

RG3 was one hell of a player, but we played them in Bo's rookie year when he was a freshman. I hope you see the silliness in including him.

i asked if there was any restrictions and someone said 4-5 years and nothing was said about playing them.

Right but the whole argument was predicated on QBs we've faced before so...

Mr. A - "The Big12? Well, it was sling it all over the yard with predominantly pocket style qb's. They were somewhat mobile, yes, but they were no Cain Colter. They were no Dennard Robinson, and sure the hell were no Braxton Miller. Our defense in the Big 12 was predicated on assuming pass every play, extensive film study and understanding the opponent's route tendancies out of all and any formations, and then topping it off by allowing Suh to pretty much single-handidly contain the opponent's run game. In the Big 10, some of the offenses may have still been spread, but were much more balanced. Now all a sudden our secondary has to become extremely involved in defending the run. This is not what they had been accustomed to. Now, pair that with a thin d-line and linebacker core, that also became extremely beat up and really wasnt all that talented to begin with, and it's no wonder we had the issues we had."

husker_99 - "what? seriously what? The Big 12 had no running qb's? now i even question if you watched games other than nebraska. The Big 12 had plenty of very mobile qb's."

This is what we're arguing. Mr. A. made a statement that didn't deserve the snotty remark you, husker_99, made. This is why a half dozen posters jumped you on this.

NebraskaHarry i have had extensive chats with accountability and he fully deserved that.

I'm still trying to think of the "very mobile QBs" in the Big 12 would be in '09, the year Mr A is referring to.

Mizzou - Gabbert

aTm - Tannehill

KU - Reesing

ISU - not remembering

Baylor - No clue. RG3 got hurt. Don't remember this slow short guy being "very mobile."

Texas Tech - they had a "predominately sling it around the yard pocket-passer" IIRC. Last year of Leach.

OU - Landry Jones

KSU - Collin Klein Id say fits the "mobile" bill, but by no means "very mobile."

CU - Don't really remember anything but beating them in 09 and 10.

UT - McCoy fits the bill of being a guy who "can" run. Not that "does" run ie Robinson, Miller, or Kolter.

Miller and Robinson?

Or

McCoy and Klein?

Even under those standards one QB has hurt us with his feet in any one of those years and he happened to get drafted second overall. McCoy and Klein were by no means bigger threats than Miller and Robinson or even Colter.

Miller and Robinson?

Or

McCoy and Klein?

Even under those standards one QB has hurt us with his feet in any one of those years and he happened to get drafted second overall. McCoy and Klein were by no means bigger threats than Miller and Robinson or even Colter.

In fact, I think most of the running McCoy did, was from a dude with a 93 on jersey...

Not to mention, I think that dude with the 93 on his jersey cost McCoy a shot at the Heisman in the Big XII title game...

McCoy: pretty good arm and could run if needed - not a dual threat QB

Klein: Better at running the ball than throwing it - not a dual threat QB

RG III - could run and throw the ball - a dual threat QB

Do you want charts and graphs??

your opinion isn't fact.

not opinions, observations

still opinion.

Miller and Robinson?

Or

McCoy and Klein?

In fact, I think most of the running McCoy did, was from a dude with a 93 on jersey...

Not to mention, I think that dude with the 93 on his jersey cost McCoy a shot at the Heisman in the Big XII title game...

so, who won the game?