Paradoxical Seasons

This post should have ended the argument:

Alright stats boy:

I will break down the rushing attempts, YPC, and total yards based on Sports-Reference.com from each QB we are talking about in the years we played them:

Klein in 2011

317 attempts, 1100 yards at 3.47 per carry

McCoy in 2011

129 attempts, 348 yards at 2.7 YPC

RG3 we saw in Bo's first season as HC. I'm not going to even include him.

Colter

2011) 135 attempts - 654 yards at 4.84 YPC

2012) 170 attempts - 894 yards at 5.25 YPC

Miller

2011) 159 attempts - 715 yards at 4.49 YPC

2012) 227 attempts - 1271 yards at 5.6 YPC

Robinson

2011) 221 attempts - 1176 yards at 5.32 YPC

2012) 177 attempts - 1266 yards at 7.15 YPC

As you see from the data above, the QBs that we have faced twice in two years have all averaged more per carry than both of the QBS you named and all three had more attempts than one of the QBs you named. By these numbers, I am going to conclude that as a whole, The Big Ten Spread Option QBs in the conversation are better runners and more explosive runners. They also get to carry the football a lot more than we saw QBs do in the Big 12.

Guys, husker_99 isn't even listening to your points. I can't decide if he's an excellent troll, willfully ignoring your arguments, or incapable of seeing anything other than his own viewpoint. I'm leaning towards trolling since he won't pin down his point and keeps shifting the argument.

husker_99,

If you really aren't trolling, then clearly spell out your point for us in a sentence or two.

ok fine. Yes Michigan and Ohio St. receivers can catch.

So now we're back to, all things being equal, we have faced more dangerous dual threat QBs in the Big Ten than we have in the Big XII.

no you haven't. It doesn't matter if they get more yards per carry if can't put up much more massive numbers than already provided. You have no stats to back up your argument just opinion. now when we faced the qbs in the Big 12 we had a much much better defense. Suh would've tossed around miller, colter, and robinson around just like he did in the Big 12. we would've shut them down and held them to pedestrian like numbers.

So now we're back to, all things being equal, we have faced more dangerous dual threat QBs in the Big Ten than we have in the Big XII.

no you haven't. It doesn't matter if they get more yards per carry if can't put up much more massive numbers than already provided. You have no stats to back up your argument just opinion. now when we faced the qbs in the Big 12 we had a much much better defense. Suh would've tossed around miller, colter, and robinson around just like he did in the Big 12. we would've shut them down and held them to pedestrian like numbers.

Now who is the one giving opinions?

Oh, and I don't need to provide the stats EZ-E provided. 5 YPC is significantly greater than 3 YPC

Oh, and I don't need to provide the stats EZ-E provided. 5 YPC is significantly greater than 3 YPC

so? that just means they had less rushing attempts. their stats wasn't that much better which you probably haven't even looked at since you keep running your mouth. i already stated i wasn't talking about explosiveness so why do you still continue to talk about it? I'm the only one arguing my original statement you went off to a tangent all by yourself.

Alright stats boy:

I will break down the rushing attempts, YPC, and total yards based on Sports-Reference.com from each QB we are talking about in the years we played them:

Klein in 2011

McCoy in 2011

Colter

Miller

Robinson

As you see from the data above, the QBs that we have faced twice in two years have all averaged more per carry than both of the QBS you named and all three had more attempts than one of the QBs you named. By these numbers, I am going to conclude that as a whole, The Big Ten Spread Option QBs in the conversation are better runners and more explosive runners. They also get to carry the football a lot more than we saw QBs do in the Big 12.

Guys, husker_99 isn't even listening to your points. I can't decide if he's an excellent troll, willfully ignoring your arguments, or incapable of seeing anything other than his own viewpoint. I'm leaning towards trolling since he won't pin down his point and keeps shifting the argument.

husker_99,

If you really aren't trolling, then clearly spell out your point for us in a sentence or two.

No it's simple they are making points i never was talking about. they assumed which is their biggest mistake.

So you expect us to produce a DT at all times that is equal to the ability of arguably one of THE BEST DT's of all time?

So you expect us to produce a DT at all times that is equal to the ability of arguably one of THE BEST DT's of all time?

nope. but the defense that went up against Big 12 qb's vs Big Ten qb's was vastly superior.

Alright stats boy:

Klein in 2011

McCoy in 2011

Colter

Miller

Robinson

husker_99,

No it's simple they are making points i never was talking about. they assumed which is their biggest mistake.

That's an evasion. You still haven't clearly stated your point. What point are you making/defending?

so? that just means they had less rushing attempts. their stats wasn't that much better which you probably haven't even looked at since you keep running your mouth. i already stated i wasn't talking about explosiveness so why do you still continue to talk about it? I'm the only one arguing my original statement you went off to a tangent all by yourself.

You do realize that the point of yards per carry is to normalize for different number of rushes attempted, right?