Alright, so I got NCAA 14 and started a dynasty with Iowa State on Heisman. I'm not a tremendous player, but I've been playing in the series for about a decade, so I'd like to think I've got a few things figured out. Over the years, I've been a very strong defensive player, but this year the game totally has me vexed. I'm 3-3 so far, which doesn't bother me, it's what happens when the other team is on offense. Typical stat line from the season so far:

Opposing quarterback:

23/25, 250 yards, 2 tds, 0 int

Additionally the opposing offense reliably converts about 80% of their third down conversions, and I've managed to force a spectacular 2 turnovers in 6 combined games. I'm using the 3-3-5 this year, which has worked really well in the past, but not this year. My bag of tricks with it is empty. Anybody have any ideas about how to stop the defensive embarrassments on Heisman?

Defense is near impossible in this game. If the offense runs they most likely get at least a 4 yard gain because the running back falls forward. Not to mention pass defense is very difficult. What player do you control when you play defense? I have always played with the LE and in this years game if you have a good rush end you can get to the QB a lot.

Defense is near impossible in this game. If the offense runs they most likely get at least a 4 yard gain because the running back falls forward. Not to mention pass defense is very difficult. What player do you control when you play defense? I have always played with the LE and in this years game if you have a good rush end you can get to the QB a lot.

I play as the DT in the 3-3-5. Most plays I make a move on the center and either get penetration and disrupt a play or force a guard to help, which frees up a linebacker. This has worked well in keeping a lid on the running game, but the pressure is not getting home much, and when it does, the QB either breaks a tackle (yeah right) or rifles a perfect pass to a receiver 15 yards downfield as he's getting hit (again, yeah right).

I'm currently doing an online dynasty with Baylor. I believe we have around a 93 defense this year and every single offense we face the QB is the best player on the team regardless of rating. It's impossible for me to stop the pass regardless of formation. I've tried the 4-3, 4-2-5, and the dime package. I cant stop the QB at all. The only thing that somewhat has worked is I spread out my linebackers and put my safeties in and play press coverage.

I like how when your a Dlineman and the ball carrier is running at you, you can press the stick horizontal and can get off the block to make the tackle. In the past games it seemed like you were stuck to the line man. Don't know if any one else noticed.

But I found that blitzing, a lot works in the pass game. Especially the blitzes when your defenders blitz into the opposite gap of them, they can get to the QB. As opposed to blitzing straight on into a gap. Of course that leaves a big gain for the offense if they complete the pass, but this is really the only way I found you can sometimes stop the offense. Also found out your blitzers basically need to be on the line of scrimmage in order to get to the QB.

Online D doesn't seem to be much better. I swear to god it's out to get me. My first and only game (as Oregon vs Stanford) I threw 4 picks and had a ridiculous fumble in the pocket. The other guys threw at least 4 balls that were equally as pick-able as mine were and my guys dropped every single one. Then he has a running back get stopped in a pile only to fall on my defender, drag his (the ball carrier's) helmet millimeters from the ground get landed on by another defender, some how managing not to have a single limb touch the ground, and popped out the other side standing up to walk in for a score. Most ridiculous thing I've seen in my life.

I can stop the run with any cover zero blitz or adjusting the line to contain and blitzing LBs, but unless I run some kind of a zone defenders just get eaten alive on any kind of and out/in route.

I find the only way to have a chance for a stop is to pray for a sack or loss on first down. I send a big pressure package nearly very first down. If you can get them into second or third and long you are good as you can let them catch in front of you and then bring them down.

DT have lost much of their effectiveness and has gone back to DE like the early games. Papuchis is a Low job security right now in my dynasty and a C- prestige while Beck is an A. I am 118th in the country in total defense but 44th in scoring D.

How ridiculously effective is the zone read in this game? Wow!

I find the only way to have a chance for a stop is to pray for a sack or loss on first down. I send a big pressure package nearly very first down. If you can get them into second or third and long you are good as you can let them catch in front of you and then bring them down.

DT have lost much of their effectiveness and has gone back to DE like the early games. Papuchis is a Low job security right now in my dynasty and a C- prestige while Beck is an A. I am 118th in the country in total defense but 44th in scoring D.

I'm just starting to get fed up with getting sacks on first and second down and their QB throwing a perfect pass as he's getting hit to convert the third and 14-20. It only gets worse in the second half. I've had QBs not miss a single pass during the second halves of games.

I'm just starting to get fed up with getting sacks on first and second down and their QB throwing a perfect pass as he's getting hit to convert the third and 14-20. It only gets worse in the second half. I've had QBs not miss a single pass during the second halves of games.

I hear that! I look at completions stats through the first half and it's not uncommon to see 7/7 or 11/11 and final results being only 3 or 4 misses which come from throw aways. There is really no answer other than playing as DE and hopping you get their in time and that he isn't mobile. And sometimes I do get there and when I go to make the tackle my guy attempts to tackle air even though the QB hasn't juked or made a move, that's frustrating as hell!

I hear that! I look at completions stats through the first half and it's not uncommon to see 7/7 or 11/11 and final results being only 3 or 4 misses which come from throw aways. There is really no answer other than playing as DE and hopping you get their in time and that he isn't mobile. And sometimes I do get there and when I go to make the tackle my guy attempts to tackle air even though the QB hasn't juked or made a move, that's frustrating as hell!

No joke. If the CPU runs an option, and I get there fast enough to blow up the play I will literally go through the QB. I've done it about 4 times this season alone.