Booster pretty much calling out Bo

I once had a guy cut in front of me in the concession line at a game. I said excuse me, lines back there. He proceeded to tell me that he "donates money to the program and he's in a hurry, bla bla bla, I'm special, youre not because I have more money than you". I said "so do I. It's called tickets" and kindly grabbed him by the back of the neck and moved him back behind my where he belonged. I'm guessin it was his first time as a donator, or he was just full of sh#t for he had this "look at me attitude". Now, in this particular article, I guess i didnt see too much to get my panties in a bunch. Just some western guy tryin to play big wig and get his name out there with some of the bigger boosters from Omaha/Lincoln I think. But it is a testament to some other boosters I've known. Some are real cool. Others act like they're just so much better than you because they are such, and frankly, I dont care if you gave a million or a nickel. And truthfully, anyone who's bought a fricken ticket to get into that stadium on gameday is a fricken booster.

So not just an Internet badass but one in real life too! Color me impressed! :P

I once had a guy cut in front of me in the concession line at a game. I said excuse me, lines back there. He proceeded to tell me that he "donates money to the program and he's in a hurry, bla bla bla, I'm special, youre not because I have more money than you". I said "so do I. It's called tickets" and kindly grabbed him by the back of the neck and moved him back behind my where he belonged. I'm guessin it was his first time as a donator, or he was just full of sh#t for he had this "look at me attitude". Now, in this particular article, I guess i didnt see too much to get my panties in a bunch. Just some western guy tryin to play big wig and get his name out there with some of the bigger boosters from Omaha/Lincoln I think. But it is a testament to some other boosters I've known. Some are real cool. Others act like they're just so much better than you because they are such, and frankly, I dont care if you gave a million or a nickel. And truthfully, anyone who's bought a fricken ticket to get into that stadium on gameday is a fricken booster.

Big fan of this. I am a "larger" fellow and do not like to intimidate or act like a "badass" through it, but putting someone in their place without being overly aggressive is something I can get behind.

And I'm not trying to act like a bad ass. For those who met me in person at the tailgate probably came away with a pretty good perception of my as being quite a respectful individual. And I did so in this case as well. As I said, I kindly grabbed him by the back of the neck and directed him to where he belonged. I didnt cuss. I didnt hollar. I just handled it as someone should. I felt like that 3-4 folks behind me appreciated it.

I guess I don't really see how what this guy said was so controversial. It's what many people have been saying around here. If after 6 years there is still no conference championship and we've been blown out in 2 or 3 games again... well, Bo is indeed going to have some 'splainin to do.

• Fire 1
And I'm not trying to act like a bad ass. For those who met me in person at the tailgate probably came away with a pretty good perception of my as being quite a respectful individual.

I haven't met you, so I'm still going to assume you ARE a badass. Now go to North Platte and grab this guy by the scruff of the neck too.

So not just an Internet badass but one in real life too! Color me impressed! :P

Big fan of this. I am a "larger" fellow and do not like to intimidate or act like a "badass" through it, but putting someone in their place without being overly aggressive is something I can get behind.

And I'm not trying to act like a bad ass. For those who met me in person at the tailgate probably came away with a pretty good perception of my as being quite a respectful individual. And I did so in this case as well. As I said, I kindly grabbed him by the back of the neck and directed him to where he belonged. I didnt cuss. I didnt hollar. I just handled it as someone should. I felt like that 3-4 folks behind me appreciated it.

I am with you, didn't mean to imply that you were acting like an overly aggressive person, if it came across that way.

''If he wants to get off the clock, he's going to have to eliminate the blowouts and he's going to have to get us into a top-10 finish and competing for a national championship,'' said longtime booster Mike Jacobson, a bank president from North Platte who in 2012 spent $2.5 million to lease a Memorial Stadium suite for 25 years.

The problem with this statement is mostly a matter of timing. A quote like this right now in the preseason Kool-Aid period is bound to be unpopular. But if he said this right after a blowout loss I'll bet most fans would agree. In fact, a lot of fans would be saying worse. If you don't believe me just go back and read some of the threads from Nov. 23, 2012.

If he said it after the Wisconsin or Georgia games, it wouldn't make a difference to me. It's not the content of what he's saying, it's the audacity with which he thinks he has a right to say anything publicly at all.

Yeah, I don't like the idea of loudmouthed boosters either. But every program has them. Or at least every successful program. :dunno

''If he wants to get off the clock, he's going to have to eliminate the blowouts and he's going to have to get us into a top-10 finish and competing for a national championship,'' said longtime booster Mike Jacobson, a bank president from North Platte who in 2012 spent $2.5 million to lease a Memorial Stadium suite for 25 years.

The problem with this statement is mostly a matter of timing. A quote like this right now in the preseason Kool-Aid period is bound to be unpopular. But if he said this right after a blowout loss I'll bet most fans would agree. In fact, a lot of fans would be saying worse. If you don't believe me just go back and read some of the threads from Nov. 23, 2012.

If he said it after the Wisconsin or Georgia games, it wouldn't make a difference to me. It's not the content of what he's saying, it's the audacity with which he thinks he has a right to say anything publicly at all.

So if someone calls you to interview you about what you feel is the state of the football program or Bo Pelini's job, you'll say no because you don't have the right to say anything publicly about it? I'm curious, what do fans have the "right" to say publicly?

I guess I don't really see how what this guy said was so controversial. It's what many people have been saying around here. If after 6 years there is still no conference championship and we've been blown out in 2 or 3 games again... well, Bo is indeed going to have some 'splainin to do.

I wouldn't say many, I'd say a very vocal few. I also don't see Bo going anywhere with 9-10 win seasons for a long while.

I wouldn't say many, I'd say a very vocal few. I also don't see Bo going anywhere with 9-10 win seasons for a long while.

I agree, I don't see him going anywhere with 9 wins a year. In fact, the booster didn't say that he was going anywhere either. What he said is "that could be a real problem".

What he said is not the issue here it’s the fact that he (or the press) feel it was prudent to publish his views. What everyone (husker fans) here on the board are peeved about is the (arrogance) his message implies he has. Maybe we should be peeved at the writer who thought these words were worth printing.

Booster and Boards need to stay the hell out of operational aspects (Universities or businesses) of the everyday grind. That is up to the people who are running the program/company. Their (Boards/Boosters) job is to oversee the University/Company as a whole and make sure the value of the University/Company remains strong, not strong arming people within departments by verbal abuse!

• Fire 2

I guess I look at being a booster, be it big or small like being a parent. I have spent a lot of money raising my children and will continue to support them in any way that I can. I expect nothing from them in adulthood except that they have happy meaningful lives. I do not expect them to do my bidding and will never offer my advise unless they ask for it. A booster, be it of substance or small, gives because they want to see the program be successful and because they love the athletic department and derives enjoyment from watching the events that take place. They should not donate money, be it big or small, and then expect the athletic department to be beholding to them, to do their bidding and listen to their unsolicited advise.

• Fire 2

So if someone calls you to interview you about what you feel is the state of the football program or Bo Pelini's job, you'll say no because you don't have the right to say anything publicly about it? I'm curious, what do fans have the "right" to say publicly?

If you want to get into semantics, fans don't have the "right" to say anything publicly about the state of the program - at least not through channels that amplify their opinions louder than just talking around the water cooler. You have the right to free speech, but every medium that allows you to "speak" without using your voice (messageboards, media, blogging, whatever) is a privilege.

If someone called me to do an interview about Bo and the program, I would say no. The reason I would say no is that it's not my team, and I am not a part of the team. My words on a topic that I have an uninformed opinion on don't deserve to have the weight of being read and possibly believed by so many people.

What he said is not the issue here it’s the fact that he (or the press) feel it was prudent to publish his views. What everyone (husker fans) here on the board are peeved about is the (arrogance) his message implies he has. Maybe we should be peeved at the writer who thought these words were worth printing.

Booster and Boards need to stay the hell out of operational aspects (Universities or businesses) of the everyday grind. That is up to the people who are running the program/company. Their (Boards/Boosters) job is to oversee the University/Company as a whole and make sure the value of the University/Company remains strong, not strong arming people within departments by verbal abuse!

What arrogance? The reporter asked him a question, he answered as he saw fit. Nowhere is he saying Pelini should be fired, nor did he imply he was going to apply pressure to the AD to get him fired. There's really nothing of note in the article at all. Pelini has indeed suffered numerous blowout losses, and some fans do think that is a problem. The harshest thing this guy said was "If Nebraska doesn't MAKE IT TO the Big Ten championship, that COULD BE a real problem for Bo.'' (Emphasis mine)

• Fire 3