Booster pretty much calling out Bo

Guy is a joke. Speaks to an unbelievable amount of arrogance to even be willing to be interviewed in that context.

Get out of here. Take your money with you.

That comment, "Get out of here. Take your money with you" will be the demise of Pelini. When the boosters stop doing what they do best, donating money, the hammer will fall. As the booster money goes, so goes the coach. No booster money, no coach!

''If he wants to get off the clock, he's going to have to eliminate the blowouts and he's going to have to get us into a top-10 finish and competing for a national championship,'' said longtime booster Mike Jacobson, a bank president from North Platte who in 2012 spent $2.5 million to lease a Memorial Stadium suite for 25 years.

The problem with this statement is mostly a matter of timing. A quote like this right now in the preseason Kool-Aid period is bound to be unpopular. But if he said this right after a blowout loss I'll bet most fans would agree. In fact, a lot of fans would be saying worse. If you don't believe me just go back and read some of the threads from Nov. 23, 2012.

I once had a guy cut in front of me in the concession line at a game. I said excuse me, lines back there. He proceeded to tell me that he "donates money to the program and he's in a hurry, bla bla bla, I'm special, youre not because I have more money than you". I said "so do I. It's called tickets" and kindly grabbed him by the back of the neck and moved him back behind my where he belonged. I'm guessin it was his first time as a donator, or he was just full of sh#t for he had this "look at me attitude". Now, in this particular article, I guess i didnt see too much to get my panties in a bunch. Just some western guy tryin to play big wig and get his name out there with some of the bigger boosters from Omaha/Lincoln I think. But it is a testament to some other boosters I've known. Some are real cool. Others act like they're just so much better than you because they are such, and frankly, I dont care if you gave a million or a nickel. And truthfully, anyone who's bought a fricken ticket to get into that stadium on gameday is a fricken booster.

• Fire 3

I once had a guy cut in front of me in the concession line at a game. I said excuse me, lines back there. He proceeded to tell me that he "donates money to the program and he's in a hurry, bla bla bla, I'm special, youre not because I have more money than you". I said "so do I. It's called tickets" and kindly grabbed him by the back of the neck and moved him back behind my where he belonged. I'm guessin it was his first time as a donator, or he was just full of sh#t for he had this "look at me attitude". Now, in this particular article, I guess i didnt see too much to get my panties in a bunch. Just some western guy tryin to play big wig and get his name out there with some of the bigger boosters from Omaha/Lincoln I think. But it is a testament to some other boosters I've known. Some are real cool. Others act like they're just so much better than you because they are such, and frankly, I dont care if you gave a million or a nickel. And truthfully, anyone who's bought a fricken ticket to get into that stadium on gameday is a fricken booster.

So not just an Internet badass but one in real life too! Color me impressed! :P

I resent the idea of boosters running the show. They were a big reason Bo got here in the first place. But as you can see, they're a capricious bunch with highly questionable football acumen.

So true. Yes, all the big time programs need their money, but when you start to listen to them, you get into trouble, IMO.

F'n right on Accountability! I am a donor (no not huge money but enough to keep my season tickets every year)! This is the type of guy (thinks his sh~t don't stink) that in the future will be calling for help with no idea how to survive when his money has no value!

+1

I don't care if the guy gives a bunch of money to the program or not, he's not the coach, he's not the AD so he needs to shut up. If guys like him fire a coach that gives us 9 to 10 wins consistently every season he can only blame himself for the demise of the program. You can't buy B1G titles turbo so quit trying unless you're willing to pony up money to get Saban away from Alabama. Guys like this piss me off...........

Big fan of this. I am a "larger" fellow and do not like to intimidate or act like a "badass" through it, but putting someone in their place without being overly aggressive is something I can get behind.

''If he wants to get off the clock, he's going to have to eliminate the blowouts and he's going to have to get us into a top-10 finish and competing for a national championship,'' said longtime booster Mike Jacobson, a bank president from North Platte who in 2012 spent $2.5 million to lease a Memorial Stadium suite for 25 years.

The problem with this statement is mostly a matter of timing. A quote like this right now in the preseason Kool-Aid period is bound to be unpopular. But if he said this right after a blowout loss I'll bet most fans would agree. In fact, a lot of fans would be saying worse. If you don't believe me just go back and read some of the threads from Nov. 23, 2012.

If he said it after the Wisconsin or Georgia games, it wouldn't make a difference to me. It's not the content of what he's saying, it's the audacity with which he thinks he has a right to say anything publicly at all.