Looking to start a movement. Let's black-out the stadium against UCLA. I'm not talking about ruining our tradition and the Sea of Red. I'm talking about one game to set the tone for the season. The players will be wearing Black Alternate uniforms so why shouldn't the fans in attendance. Lets face it, the young Defense will need all the support it can get this year and what better way than to represent our Blackshirts. The Bruins wouldn't know what to think when they come here to play against what will be an athletic and fast defense with a crowd that could be more intimidating than we've ever imagined it can be. Even if you don't get the chance to attend the game itself I urge everyone to help spread the word towards the cause. Here is the facebook link to help promote this idea. Lets strike the fear of the Blackshirts into the Bruins. Go Big Red! https://www.facebook...77994085635266/

Because NU does not have black as one of the two school colors. I am also opposed to the players wearing alternate uniforms. Gimmicks don't win games. Coaching, talented players, effort and pride wing games. I, for one, will be clad in Husker Red.

So if it came down to throwing the kids something fun and the end result was landing a couple more highly ranked recruits and an extra couple wins that year you would still be against it. Thinking outside the box doesn't slow progression, it only helps it. I'm all for tradition and we have some of the best in the nation. But really, come on. Nobody here is asking for us to change anything long term. It's an alternate uniform that helps shed some excitement on our program. Is that such a bad thing? But please wear your Husker red like we all should 99% of the time. Like I said, it would just show the young kids on our Defense that we support them and they could really use it.

So if it came down to throwing the kids something fun and the end result was landing a couple more highly ranked recruits and an extra couple wins that year you would still be against it. Thinking outside the box doesn't slow progression, it only helps it. I'm all for tradition and we have some of the best in the nation. But really, come on. Nobody here is asking for us to change anything long term. It's an alternate uniform that helps shed some excitement on our program. Is that such a bad thing? But please wear your Husker red like we all should 99% of the time. Like I said, it would just show the young kids on our Defense that we support them and they could really use it.

I love the idea and I really think that a lot of people, even on this site, love the idea. I think what they are telling you is that it will be very difficult to pull off. If the school was passing out the shirts, it would pretty much work out just fine. But most of the blue hairs got their Husker gear as a gift last Xmas and since they did not think there would be a B******, they got red or white Husker gear and lord knows they are not heading back on onto a busy highway like Center Street to get to Husker Hounds or an interstate like Maple Street to get to Kohls.

• Fire 1

At the Michigan game last year we got to our seats quite early as usual. We sit in different spots pretty much every game. We do not have season tickets. I scavenge tickets for every home game through random sources. Anyway. This old couple got up and sat down right in front of us, bout 20 minutes before kickoff or so. I asked them "you folks got your black towels?" in an effort to kick start a converstation to introduce ourselves and so on and so on. The old boy turns around, shoots me a glare and says "what the hell do I want one of them for?". All I could do is look at my wife and say "oh boy. here we go".

With that said, their are quite frankly a good 15-20 thousand folks like that scattered throughout the stadium each home game. Another 10 thousand or so are probably going to be just like that once they reach that age. That's why something like this will never work in Lincoln. Folks are just to caught up in their ways. A lot of the younger ones will get that way.

The other reason is this. It's no secret and certainly not biased to say that Nebraska football fans are just as if not more passionately involved than any other fanbase of anyone in the country-all sports, all levels. This leads me to believe that most of our fans at the game are just too involved in paying attention to game and its details than gimmicks and noise and so on. I truly believe this. I think this also leads to some of our percieved "lack of crowd noise" at times. I think it's cuz folks are just so caught up in watchin.

I have an idea. It's kind of crazy, so bear with me. For the UCLA game, let's all wear red. Let's all stand up and be loud for four quarters.

I know, crazy.

Jesus H. Christ, will you sit down so I can see the game? I can only take some much Geritol before a game or it gets me bound up, and I don't want to spend the energy whoopin' and a hollerin' and gettin' up and sittin' back down. If I want exercise, I'll go to my Aqua Aerobics appointment at the rehab center.

#BlueHairsforNU

I have an idea. It's kind of crazy, so bear with me. For the UCLA game, let's all wear red. Let's all stand up and be loud for four quarters.

I know, crazy.

Jesus H. Christ, will you sit down so I can see the game? I can only take some much Geritol before a game or it gets me bound up, and I don't want to spend the energy whoopin' and a hollerin' and gettin' up and sittin' back down. If I want exercise, I'll go to my Aqua Aerobics appointment at the rehab center.

#BlueHairsforNU

;) Don't sit in the student section, gramps!

Looking to start a movement. Let's black-out the stadium against UCLA. I'm not talking about ruining our tradition and the Sea of Red. I'm talking about one game to set the tone for the season. The players will be wearing Black Alternate uniforms so why shouldn't the fans in attendance. Lets face it, the young Defense will need all the support it can get this year and what better way than to represent our Blackshirts. The Bruins wouldn't know what to think when they come here to play against what will be an athletic and fast defense with a crowd that could be more intimidating than we've ever imagined it can be. Even if you don't get the chance to attend the game itself I urge everyone to help spread the word towards the cause. Here is the facebook link to help promote this idea. Lets strike the fear of the Blackshirts into the Bruins. Go Big Red! https://www.facebook...77994085635266/

Because NU does not have black as one of the two school colors. I am also opposed to the players wearing alternate uniforms. Gimmicks don't win games. Coaching, talented players, effort and pride wing games. I, for one, will be clad in Husker Red.

Who is saying that jerseys win games? Or gimmicks?

I know, crazy.

#BlueHairsforNU

;) Don't sit in the student section, gramps!

Student section? Pfffffffffffffffffffffttt...you hear that all over BUT the student section. chuckleshuffle

Just think how intimidating Memorial Stadium would be if we could get the Blue-Hairs off their arse and yelling game in and game out...all of those dentures accidentally spit out onto the field would make visiting teams think twice about playing us in Lincoln, that's for sure.

• Fire 2

I knew that we have some seriously uptight fans but I didn't know they knew how to use the internet at their old age. It's a frickin uniform people. It's also 2013 and a playoff begins next year. Times they are a changing so get with it or pipe the hell down. Let the kids enjoy themselves for one frickin day by wearing something exciting and new. If it's such a damn strain for you to wear black then please by all means wear your red like we all do 99% of the time. Now, eat your rice patty and drink your Arnold Palmer and knock the "Black's not a school color" crap off. Yikes, some people.