Honestly, I really don't care if you wear black, red, or even white. I'd stay away from the baby blue or yellow for this game though.

Actually, I've never had any problem wearing Bruin colors to away games and that includes visits to some of the most iintense college footbal venues (Texas, Tennessee, Alabama, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Ohio State and Nebraska). The closest I ever came to be hassled was actually at the Rose Bowl when Oklahoma was visiting. Some drunk Oklahoma fans were out of control but the problem was taken care of pretty quickly and without harm to anyone.

Just in case you get on Jeopardy!, the current Bruin uniforms are what is called "true blue" (no longer powder blue) and gold, not yellow. Perhaps it's not as exciting as red and white (the colors for at least 15 other teams) but we Bruin fans really like it. I can't think of another team that has our exact colors. Am I wrong?

Honestly, I really don't care if you wear black, red, or even white. I'd stay away from the baby blue or yellow for this game though.

Actually, I've never had any problem wearing Bruin colors to away games and that includes visits to some of the most iintense college footbal venues (Texas, Tennessee, Alabama, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Ohio State and Nebraska). The closest I ever came to be hassled was actually at the Rose Bowl when Oklahoma was visiting. Some drunk Oklahoma fans were out of control but the problem was taken care of pretty quickly and without harm to anyone.

Just in case you get on Jeopardy!, the current Bruin uniforms are what is called "true blue" (no longer powder blue) and gold, not yellow. Perhaps it's not as exciting as red and white (the colors for at least 15 other teams) but we Bruin fans really like it. I can't think of another team that has our exact colors. Am I wrong?

He wasn't referring to UCLA fans - he was telling Nebraska fans not to wear blue/yellow , because that's what our opponent wears.

I can't tell if your condescension is on purpose or not, but for the record, I really like UCLA's color combo and always have. Your home uniforms always pop.

I had a long drawn out response but realized that was unecessary. The main problem is that every football fan thinks they are are smarter than the next so sarcasm plays out alot in these boards. Honestly I regret even starting this thread. Wear red. Its funny that makes some peole feel like more of a fan than the guy wearing black. I didnt mean to offend anyone who wasnt being a sarcastic snob so take that for what its worth.

post-11204-0-34577100-1376580754.jpg

• Fire 3

It's been my experience that the fans cannot really create any enthusiasm for a particular game, especially by what they wear. It's the quality of the matchup that does it or if there is history between the two teams.

I've never heard a coach say in a postgame presser "Those black shirts worn by the crowd turned the tide for us."

Don't get me wrong. A pumped-up home crowd can really get a team going early in the game but that's about it, IMHO.

He wasn't referring to UCLA fans - he was telling Nebraska fans not to wear blue/yellow , because that's what our opponent wears.

I can't tell if your condescension is on purpose or not, but for the record, I really like UCLA's color combo and always have. Your home uniforms always pop.

I did not mean to be condescending at all. I have always respected the Nebraska program and its fans.

And thanks for the compliments on the UCLA uni's. I've always liked them since I saw them in the 1966 Rose Bowl vs. Michigan State. For some reason both teams in the game wore their home units, so the Spartans where in their home green and white. Back then the Bruins wore powder blue jerseys, khaki pants and the gold helmets. It looked GREAT on TV. Give it a look on YouTube and I think you will agree.

Looking to start a movement. Let's black-out the stadium against UCLA. I'm not talking about ruining our tradition and the Sea of Red. I'm talking about one game to set the tone for the season. The players will be wearing Black Alternate uniforms so why shouldn't the fans in attendance. Lets face it, the young Defense will need all the support it can get this year and what better way than to represent our Blackshirts. The Bruins wouldn't know what to think when they come here to play against what will be an athletic and fast defense with a crowd that could be more intimidating than we've ever imagined it can be. Even if you don't get the chance to attend the game itself I urge everyone to help spread the word towards the cause. Here is the facebook link to help promote this idea. Lets strike the fear of the Blackshirts into the Bruins. Go Big Red! https://www.facebook...77994085635266/

Because NU does not have black as one of the two school colors. I am also opposed to the players wearing alternate uniforms. Gimmicks don't win games. Coaching, talented players, effort and pride wing games. I, for one, will be clad in Husker Red.

Who is saying that jerseys win games? Or gimmicks?

Then, why where them?

Looking to start a movement. Let's black-out the stadium against UCLA. I'm not talking about ruining our tradition and the Sea of Red. I'm talking about one game to set the tone for the season. The players will be wearing Black Alternate uniforms so why shouldn't the fans in attendance. Lets face it, the young Defense will need all the support it can get this year and what better way than to represent our Blackshirts. The Bruins wouldn't know what to think when they come here to play against what will be an athletic and fast defense with a crowd that could be more intimidating than we've ever imagined it can be. Even if you don't get the chance to attend the game itself I urge everyone to help spread the word towards the cause. Here is the facebook link to help promote this idea. Lets strike the fear of the Blackshirts into the Bruins. Go Big Red! https://www.facebook...77994085635266/

Because NU does not have black as one of the two school colors. I am also opposed to the players wearing alternate uniforms. Gimmicks don't win games. Coaching, talented players, effort and pride wing games. I, for one, will be clad in Husker Red.

Who is saying that jerseys win games? Or gimmicks?

Then, why where them?

Because players win games. Better players win more games. It's harder to recruit better players. Not giving them what they want is part of what makes them harder to recruit. Uniforms are a part of what they want.

• Fire 1