Has Bo had a pissed off post-practice presser yet?

The first presser was moved because UNL asked media not to bring up some topics at fan day. Dirk of course cut in lines, jammed mics in peoples faces and asked the questions about Brown and Suttles anyway. After that they are wanting to control what practice info gets out in the media. Doing it at night prevents injury info from leaking out fast should it occur. Limiting the players and coaches also controls what topics might be discussed.

As far as I'm concerned the biggest issue we are facing is if we end up with a good FS. If we get that accomplished on D I'm not worried about much else at the moment.

This makes me 100% better about the defense, who do you think will end up being our FS at the start of the season?

The first presser was moved because UNL asked media not to bring up some topics at fan day. Dirk of course cut in lines, jammed mics in peoples faces and asked the questions about Brown and Suttles anyway. After that they are wanting to control what practice info gets out in the media. Doing it at night prevents injury info from leaking out fast should it occur. Limiting the players and coaches also controls what topics might be discussed.

As far as I'm concerned the biggest issue we are facing is if we end up with a good FS. If we get that accomplished on D I'm not worried about much else at the moment.

This makes me 100% better about the defense, who do you think will end up being our FS at the start of the season?

I hope the Charles Jackson can grab it but there is a reason Green is working at Safety. Harvey Jackson needs to do better on pass coverage. Either of those two improve and we get Green back over.

I hope the Charles Jackson can grab it but there is a reason Green is working at Safety. Harvey Jackson needs to do better on pass coverage. Either of those two improve and we get Green back over.

I take it Cooper is holding down the SS spot strong? I hope Cjax can "get it" and lock into that FS spot and let Green shift back over. Any knowledge of how Gerry could factor into that FS battle?

I mentioned in another thread how bad Stafford's tackling was last season. We really haven't had a good safety since O'Hanlon left. Good safeties can limit plays to a "good gain" instead of a TD.

For all the knocks on him, Matty was solid in the open field and really helped in the run game. Not the most athletic, but knew where he "fit" in Bo's system. A sure tackler in the open field means a 5 yrd game not a 60+ TD ala CC last year.

I mentioned in another thread how bad Stafford's tackling was last season. We really haven't had a good safety since O'Hanlon left. Good safeties can limit plays to a "good gain" instead of a TD.

Correct

ALSO Stafford was one of the WORST safetys Ive ever seen at taking angles- awful

Fast but poor angles- doesnt help at all from the safety position

As do I. So much potential. All I can remember of Harvey is him not recognizing his assignment and the Ucla receiver burning him for a TD.

For all the knocks on him, Matty was solid in the open field and really helped in the run game. Not the most athletic, but knew where he "fit" in Bo's system. A sure tackler in the open field means a 5 yrd game not a 60+ TD ala CC last year.

This x10

Matt O'Hanlon gets name-dropped a lot, but let's face it - there wasn't a single player anywhere on last year's defense who would have been starting on that 2009 defense.

edit: and even that 2009 defense suffered from the same mental breakdowns that have plagued all of Pelini's teams. O'Hanlon's bust against Virginia Tech, anybody? Asante's collar penalty against Texas?

Matt O'Hanlon gets name-dropped a lot, but let's face it - there wasn't a single player anywhere on last year's defense who would have been starting on that 2009 defense.

edit: and even that 2009 defense suffered from the same mental breakdowns that have plagued all of Pelini's teams. O'Hanlon's bust against Virginia Tech, anybody? Asante's collar penalty against Texas?

Being nit-picky, but after the game Carl said it wasn't Matty who made the mistake. Regardless, you are correct that there's been busts against Pelini's defenses. Of course, there are busts (aka big plays) by every defense. Even Alabama in recent years and the Blackshirts in the 90's. Those defenses limited those mistakes, as did the 2009 D. Recent years have seen more big plays given up by our D.

I like how O'Hanlon always get's labeled as not that athletic. He was a really good athlete, better than anyone we've had back there since he left. He wasn't a freak but not too many safeties are. He was a phenomenal run stopper, getting to the ball carrier and form tackling at full speed as well as anyone. That's what has had me excited about Gerry since I first saw his film a year and a half ago, where he showed that same ability. Only difference is, Mr. Gerry is an incredible athlete who has the potential to do some pretty special things.

Correct

ALSO Stafford was one of the WORST safetys Ive ever seen at taking angles- awful

Stafford was slow...so slow.

Correct

Stafford was slow...so slow.

Yeah, I don't remember him as fast.... a hard hitter, definitely, but no form in his tackle and lacking in speed. a 4.7? Really?