Huskers NOT in Sports Illustrated Preseason Top 25

Andy should really just keep his mouth shut, he's making himself look like a huge tool.

Do you not follow him on twitter much? He's a giant flaming a-hole. He goads people, he talks down to them, basically acts as if everyone responding to him is an idiot.

He's just one journalist with an opinion, but by God you had better never question his opinion or he'll let you have it.

Never followed him, or paid any attention. Mainly because I got that vibe when he would talk football on BTN, he had a pompous attitude the entire time. This just proves, without any doubt, that he is a douche.

Andy should really just keep his mouth shut, he's making himself look like a huge tool.

Do you not follow him on twitter much? He's a giant flaming a-hole. He goads people, he talks down to them, basically acts as if everyone responding to him is an idiot.

He's just one journalist with an opinion, but by God you had better never question his opinion or he'll let you have it.

a little off topic, but i feel like russillo is the same way. i like svp and russillo, but russillo spends way too much time complaining about his stupid twitter followers and generalizing them to his entire fanbase. he eventually just criticizes everyone who listens to his show for being idiots, but they are his fans. so either they stupid for listening to someone so abusive, or he just attracts a lower class of listen. either way, it is annoying.

Now im curious when the last time a team that was unranked in the preseason, took all the marbles. Just throwing that out there... im not tryin to get bold or anything. #nosarcasm

Probably Auburn with Cam Newton. They were either unranked or ranked very low. But we're not unranked, we're just not ranked in SI's poll.

Now im curious when the last time a team that was unranked in the preseason, took all the marbles. Just throwing that out there... im not tryin to get bold or anything. #nosarcasm

Notre Dame last year, but they didn't win the MNC.

Edit: NVM, Knapp beat me to it.

What they are smoking to rank Mich St #15 is beyond me.

"They have a really good defense"

That's what everyone says about them, nationwide.

Too bad Sparty has nothing on offense. They ranked 75th in Rushing Offense last year, and that was their highest major category ranking. They lose Le'Veon Bell and replace him with... nobody.

And it's too bad we hung 473 yards on them at their house last year, and they have to come to Lincoln this year.

But whatever. We don't get blown out three times last year and we're not unranked to start the season. It's our own fault.

I still couldn't believe certain analysts were picking Mich St. to win the Legends last year before the season started....and some picked them to win the BIG10 title....

Really? You don't have an offense....they had Bell, and that's pretty much it sadly.

@Andy_Staples: When ranking, I’m trying harder to keep from considering schedule. The rankings need to be about who is better, not who has the easiest path

That still doesn't explain MSU, VT, Northern Illinois, and Texas being ranked that high or ranked at all.

Compared to last year.............

MSU: NEB is better

VT: NEB is better

Northern Illinois: An argument NEB is better

Texas: f#*k them

I am starting to less and less put any value in preseason rankings.......history has shown us that those rankings don't always pan out, many times over.