Debate: What advantages does the Nebraska job have over the Oklahoma job

I'm an LSU fan, but I have always respected the Huskers. I am having a friendly debate with a friend who debates that Nebraska has exactly ZERO advantages over Oklahoma as far as recruiting goes.

I argue that the facilities are better at NU, but I am having trouble coming up with any other advantages. I thought what better place than Husker board to get some thoughts.

Oklahoma is closer to Texas and has more than double our population, so even if we do have better facilities I'd say they have the advantage.

Yes, but TX is usually all they've got. They've just recently started getting into CA and FL out of necessity due to the rise of the SEC presence in TX. (TAMU, Arky, LSU)

Also, I think it's easier to win in the B1G than in the Big 12 at this point. Therefore, NU should be able to win more and attract more recruits.

Advantages:

• BTN
  • Facilities
  • Fan support

Disadvantages:

• Program prestige

Most all of these are a wash, as Nebraska/Oklahoma are very similar programs. Our facilities are better, but probably not by much. They have had more success historically, but not by much. They have a clear recruiting advantage due to their location, but that's probably the only sizable difference between the two programs.

Oklahoma has proximity to Texas talent over us but, I've been to Norman... Lincoln is a much better town and if a recruit is considering the whole package, NU has to have an advantage there. There simply is not much to Norman but it is relatively close to OKC. I would say NU & OU are in about the same "advantage" basket.

Oklahoma is closer to Texas and has more than double our population, so even if we do have better facilities I'd say they have the advantage.

Yes, but TX is usually all they've got. They've just recently started getting into CA and FL out of necessity due to the rise of the SEC presence in TX. (TAMU, Arky, LSU)

Also, I think it's easier to win in the B1G than in the Big 12 at this point. Therefore, NU should be able to win more and attract more recruits.

Well Union and Jenks High Schools in Tulsa are ALWAYS ranked in the USA today top 20 and Broken Arrow is pretty good as well

There are some really good kids that come out of those programs, multiple DI guys- AMAZING coaching staffs there- it's real big boy football there

The guys at Jenks are some of the most sought after clinicians, nationwide

OKC not as well coached, but still some pretty good talent- more than in Nebraska