***2015 Recruiting***

Interesting talk on 247 that the 19 that was discussed didn't include early enrollees and the staff may know more about attrition. The 247 guys are saying the actual number could get to 22-23. The only number that really matters is 88 total scholarships so if we end up over 88 total after signing day it means people are leaving that we don't know about.

I read articles from McKewon and Nyatawa mentioning that Gunderson said 19 recruits a week ago. Neither has a quote from Gunderson saying its with or without the early enrollees. McKewon states it would be 15, but doesn't mention Gunderson specifically saying that. Could have just assumed, like we all did.

Be great to add four over what we've been thinking, but I'm not sure who else is going to leave. 19 commits puts us at 87, so we'd need two to drop before the 85 hard limit kicks in. If we go to 23, we need six.

Finding six from between the recruits and who's still here: http://dataomaha.com/documents/husker-scholarship-distribution may be tough.

Interesting talk on 247 that the 19 that was discussed didn't include early enrollees and the staff may know more about attrition. The 247 guys are saying the actual number could get to 22-23. The only number that really matters is 88 total scholarships so if we end up over 88 total after signing day it means people are leaving that we don't know about.

Eh, everyone else thinks the 19 is including the early enrollees. I'm not sure how they can know much about attrition if they've barely even had time to work with the team yet. Anyone who is sure to be leaving would have left already, like Love and Hart. We only have two actual spots left with the 15 in this class now so anything above 17 would have to be guys leaving early. I don't think there are 5-6 guys who are for sure leaving who didn't leave at semester.

Eh, everyone else thinks the 19 is including the early enrollees. I'm not sure how they can know much about attrition if they've barely even had time to work with the team yet. Anyone who is sure to be leaving would have left already, like Love and Hart. We only have two actual spots left with the 15 in this class now so anything above 17 would have to be guys leaving early. I don't think there are 5-6 guys who are for sure leaving who didn't leave at semester.

I think the moral of the story is if we do go over 88 total people are leaving that we don't know about, rs juniors that graduate but wouldn't play have been talked about I thbik there are a few of those

I think the moral of the story is if we do go over 88 total people are leaving that we don't know about, rs juniors that graduate but wouldn't play have been talked about I thbik there are a few of those

Can anyone speculate on who the staff might ask to 'retire' so to speak?

No sources or anything here, pure speculation. But I think David Sutton and Bondi would be a couple names to watch.

The only upperclassmen that haven't been seeing the field are TE David Sutton and OL Paul Thurston and Core Whitaker. Sutton was one who I thought would leave but with us using more TEs now I'm not so sure. It's possible Thurston or Whitaker could look to leave but they are likely in line for a spot now that we lost several OL this year.

I'm not saying there won't be anyone leave. I just don't think they can be sure anyone in particular is going to leave at this point.

Can anyone speculate on who the staff might ask to 'retire' so to speak?

No sources or anything here, pure speculation. But I think David Sutton and Bondi would be a couple names to watch.
Some other guys just pure speculation

Sam cotton...if he graduates this year he could transfer to unlv and not sit out

Tariq Allen...fisher was his high school coach as well...who knows how deep that runs, but I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one guy end up at YSU

Corey Whitaker...another rs Jr that could graduate

Has anyone heard any rumors of a situation between Nebraska and Wisconsin staffs on the recruiting trail?

No, care to share?
Nothing solid, just heard they ran into each other visiting a LB in Georgia.

Heard a few people on the wiscy board that said Thomas Davis (their recruiter down there) was with terez hall securing his official up there right before the huskers did their in home, wouldn't surprise me

I just had a bad feeling in my gut.

It felt like 19 was a solid number about a week ago or whenever it was.

Since then, we have heard about Rose's possible grade issues? Also have not heard a peep about Alexander... Lord, I hope those aren't two of the guys that are in the 'attrition' discussion...