***2015 Recruiting***

I know nothing, but guys going to be seniors that I could see leaving (either "retiring" or looking the grad transfer route):

T Allen (injuries derailed him)

M Bondi (lost his job with the motorcycle incident)

M Finnin (lashed out about Bo leaving)

J Keels (hasn't seen the field)

D Sutton (hasn't seen the field)

And juniors

S Cotton (Dad)

K Maurice (playing time went way down last year)

C Whitaker (injuries and hasn't seen the field)

Here's what I'm seeing now. I tried to order the guys in parenthesis by who we'd take. Supposedly we're taking four moe so someone's getting left out.

LB - Looking for at least a couple more. I get the feeling we might be looking at Barry->Hall->Talan->Garbutt but I'm not sure.

DE - Taking one. No idea what our order is.
WR - Probably one more
OL - One more, probably OT
LS - Looks like we're intent on taking one

------------------------------------

QB - 0
RB - 1 - Ozigbo
WR - 2 - Morgan (Alston, Shorts)
TE - 1 - Snyder
OT - 1-2 - Gaylord (Paulo)
OG/C - 2 - Decker, Barnett

DT - 2 - C. Davis, K. Davis
DE - 2 - Neal, (Bailey, Roberts, Davis)
LB - 4 - Young, Ferguson (Barry, Talan, Hall, Garbutt)
CB - 2 - Lee, Anderson
S - 2 - Williams, Sykes

LS - 1 - (Ober)

Since then, we have heard about Rose's possible grade issues?

Go on...

Everyone and their dog was asking questions about it on (tuesday?) night's recruiting chat with Josh. They refused to comment on it though. I would believe it to be grades, because that is the exact way everyone was wording their questions about it. No one was asking what is going on with other situations, it was strictly academic questions. Then on Sharp & Benning yesterday morning, they were talking about the mess we have at linebacker once spring practices start. Stating, "Rose has some things to take care of" I believe that was the quote.

Here's what I'm seeing now. I tried to order the guys in parenthesis by who we'd take. Supposedly we're taking four moe so someone's getting left out.

LB - Looking for at least a couple more. I get the feeling we might be looking at Barry->Hall->Talan->Garbutt but I'm not sure.

DE - Taking one. No idea what our order is.

WR - Probably one more

OL - One more, probably OT

LS - Looks like we're intent on taking one

------------------------------------

QB - 0

RB - 1 - Ozigbo

WR - 2 - Morgan (Alston, Shorts)

TE - 1 - Snyder

OT - 1-2 - Gaylord (Paulo)

OG/C - 2 - Decker, Barnett

DT - 2 - C. Davis, K. Davis

DE - 2 - Neal, (Bailey, Roberts, Davis)

LB - 4 - Young, Ferguson (Barry, Talan, Hall, Garbutt)

CB - 2 - Lee, Anderson

S - 2 - Williams, Sykes

LS - 1 - (Ober)

You forgot Kaiwan Lewis.

Since then, we have heard about Rose's possible grade issues?

Go on...

Everyone and their dog was asking questions about it on (tuesday?) night's recruiting chat with Josh. They refused to comment on it though. I would believe it to be grades, because that is the exact way everyone was wording their questions about it. No one was asking what is going on with other situations, it was strictly academic questions. Then on Sharp & Benning yesterday morning, they were talking about the mess we have at linebacker once spring practices start. Stating, "Rose has some things to take care of" I believe that was the quote.

I assumed it was Jonathan rose not Michael

Tariq Allen won't (and we should all hope, shouldn't) leave - dude is a serious talent if he's healthy.

Also, maybe just another slip up - OWH listed Lorenzo Stewart as a "current Cornhusker" in an article about Willie Sykes yesterday. What's anyone think of that?

Stewart tweet Husker-related stuff from time to time so I think he still really wants to be here. But it seems like the new staff prefers bigger backs so I'm not sure they'll be interested.

Tariq Allen won't (and we should all hope, shouldn't) leave - dude is a serious talent if he's healthy.

Also, maybe just another slip up - OWH listed Lorenzo Stewart as a "current Cornhusker" in an article about Willie Sykes yesterday. What's anyone think of that?

Stewart tweet Husker-related stuff from time to time so I think he still really wants to be here. But it seems like the new staff prefers bigger backs so I'm not sure they'll be interested.

Jacquizz Rodgers and Mike Riley disagree.

Just seemed weird that the OWH said "current" - wonder if they know something we all don't or if it was an honest mistake.

Just seemed weird that the OWH said "current" - wonder if they know something we all don't or if it was an honest mistake.

Yeah, they had one guy a decade ago who didn't fit that mold. But I'm pretty sure they even said after they got here that the prefer bigger backs.

I believe the new staff has offered four backs since they started. They are 6-2 & 210, 5-10 & 200, 5-11 & 200 and 5-11 & 220. Stewart is 5-6 & 165.

Yeah, they had one guy a decade ago who didn't fit that mold. But I'm pretty sure they even said after they got here that the prefer bigger backs.

I believe the new staff has offered four backs since they started. They are 6-2 & 210, 5-10 & 200, 5-11 & 200 and 5-11 & 220. Stewart is 5-6 & 165.

The plan with Stewart from the beginning was a slot WR type role IIRC.