Taylor's Potential - We Need Fourth-Quarter Taylor in the First Quarter, Every Game

knapplc

Is there a longer-length highlight video of the Northwestern game? The only ones I've found are only about a minute long

EDIT - ESPN has some highlights HERE. Only big plays, though.

*wonders if knapp is really so senile in his old age that he cant tell that is a video game clip...*

• Fire 1

I think we are going to see a completely different Taylor this year, more like the Georgia game. From some video I've seen he's mechanics are even more improved. Besides that, I think his demeanor from the Georgia game will carry over. Watching the way he ran the ball with toughness made me a very proud Husker fan. Talking smack and delivering blows back and forth with their safety, was a thing of beauty. He was determined in that game, and I think we will see that all season, especially with the game on the line. He has a very good chance of being on the Heisman stage this year.

One thing I noticed about the first Michigan State INT is that right as Taylor is releasing the ball he's popped right in the chin in the same way that got a penalty later in the game. I think that's why the ball went right to the MSU defender.

I just watched the highlights from that game. Taylor made some bad throws for INT's that game. Sometimes he just makes the decision that he is going to throw to a guy before the ball is snapped. I think Beck is trying to get Taylor to make the proper reads and let the game come to him.

One thing I noticed about the first Michigan State INT is that right as Taylor is releasing the ball he's popped right in the chin in the same way that got a penalty later in the game. I think that's why the ball went right to the MSU defender.

I just watched the highlights from that game. Taylor made some bad throws for INT's that game. Sometimes he just makes the decision that he is going to throw to a guy before the ball is snapped. I think Beck is trying to get Taylor to make the proper reads and let the game come to him.

Same on his option reads- decides ahead of time what he is going to do

I spoke to a guy who was working with Joe Ganz- Per JG said Taylor does same thing on option, is wrong sometimes as much as 1/2 the time

Love the kid, dislike a lot of the decisions he makes

Is there a longer-length highlight video of the Northwestern game? The only ones I've found are only about a minute long

EDIT - ESPN has some highlights HERE. Only big plays, though.

*wonders if knapp is really so senile in his old age that he cant tell that is a video game clip...*

:facepalm: Probably the only time I'll get to use this for Knap.

thats the problem with this whole team imo. they get this air of cool confidence about them like they got this, but they dont play with hair on fire. Slowly that confidence turns into urgency. I hate it. Speaking of the entire team, its as if they have a blind faith in the process and the rest will take care of itself. Not to compare anything to the 90's, but those dudes played like it was their last days on earth. The next game didnt matter. The championship didnt matter. They had to obliterate you NOW! Terrorize you every waking second of the right now. f#*k the next play, f#*k the fourth quarter... im gettin on your ass this second or im not wearing this jersey. bo exudes it too... im not gonna flat out say his calmness is a negative, but sometimes his back and forth pace with his hands behind his back as he chomps his gum and stares blankly at the ground seems a little too calm for comfort imo.

• Fire 1

thats the problem with this whole team imo. they get this air of cool confidence about them like they got this, but they dont play with hair on fire. Slowly that confidence turns into urgency.

Could not agree more. There have been several times the past few years where it seems like Nebraska has shown up to win, not to play. Most recently the CCG, and when Wisconsin wasn't ready to roll over and play dead, the team seemed to have no answer (there were other circumstances going on, but attitude was a key factor).

This team needs to approach every game with the mindset that they're the underdog, every game. Too often it seems like they have this "We're Nebraska" attitude and they're unprepared for the fact that the opponent doesn't see them that way. None of those guys hanging on the Tunnel wall are playing. None of those Heisman Trophy winners, none of those conference championship winners, none of those National Championship winners.

The tradition of this team is a fine selling point to recruits, but it appears that they get the idea that they are part of those championship teams of yore, and they're not even close.

thats the problem with this whole team imo. they get this air of cool confidence about them like they got this, but they dont play with hair on fire. Slowly that confidence turns into urgency. I hate it. Speaking of the entire team, its as if they have a blind faith in the process and the rest will take care of itself. Not to compare anything to the 90's, but those dudes played like it was their last days on earth. The next game didnt matter. The championship didnt matter. They had to obliterate you NOW! Terrorize you every waking second of the right now. f#*k the next play, f#*k the fourth quarter... im gettin on your ass this second or im not wearing this jersey. bo exudes it too...

HELL YEAH! This part of your post had me fired up and ready to break down a wall so I can sit on my couch and watch football (if my couch had a wall in front of it for some reason).

But then this sentence:

im not gonna flat out say his calmness is a negative, but sometimes his back and forth pace with his hands behind his back as he chomps his gum and stares blankly at the ground seems a little too calm for comfort imo.

sort of describes the head coach that those teams in the 90s had. There must be a different reason for the difference in game day attitudes, perhaps.

thats the problem with this whole team imo. they get this air of cool confidence about them like they got this, but they dont play with hair on fire. Slowly that confidence turns into urgency.

Could not agree more. There have been several times the past few years where it seems like Nebraska has shown up to win, not to play. Most recently the CCG, and when Wisconsin wasn't ready to roll over and play dead, the team seemed to have no answer (there were other circumstances going on, but attitude was a key factor).

This team needs to approach every game with the mindset that they're the underdog, every game. Too often it seems like

they have this "We're Nebraska" attitude and they're unprepared for the fact that the opponent doesn't see them that way. None of those guys hanging on the Tunnel wall are playing. None of those Heisman Trophy winners, none of those conference championship winners, none of those National Championship winners.

The tradition of this team is a fine selling point to recruits, but it appears that they get the idea that they are part of those championship teams of yore, and they're not even close.

--Topic started about how legendary current Husker can be, to a post how they'll never be what once was in 25 replies. That's great hustle.

--Topic started about how legendary current Husker can be, to a post how they'll never be what once was in 25 replies. That's great hustle.

That's not what I said, you nutter.

You certainly implied it.

I'm not saying they can't get to that level, I'm saying they shouldn't approach today's games as if they're carrying the mystique of those old Husker teams.