SIGNED QB Zack Darlington

knapplc

Darlington will redshirt next season.

Really no exceptions to that as far as I know.

No doubt about that. Just happy to hear he can take contact again. If that is what he means by playing in January that is.

I admittedly read that pretty fast but I didn't see anything saying he would actually be practicing. Did I miss it?

I would guess he will be in drills but will be no contact through spring ball. But that's totally a guess on my part.

I assumed when he said he would be playing in January that he meant he would be cleared for normal work in practice again. If not I would have thought he'd say something along the lines of" I will be continuing my progress back to the field once I enroll in January." But clearly this is way open to interpretation.

No doubt about that. Just happy to hear he can take contact again. If that is what he means by playing in January that is.

I admittedly read that pretty fast but I didn't see anything saying he would actually be practicing. Did I miss it?

I would guess he will be in drills but will be no contact through spring ball. But that's totally a guess on my part.

I assumed when he said he would be playing in January that he meant he would be cleared for normal work in practice again. If not I would have thought he'd say something along the lines of" I will be continuing my progress back to the field once I enroll in January." But clearly this is way open to interpretation.

He'll practice without contact.

That's what I mean - I don't see anything about him playing:

In less than 30 days, he’ll be a freshman enrolled at the University of Nebraska. If anyone can come back from all he’s been through, it will be Zack Darlington.

He expects to be the next great quarterback at Nebraska.

Tomorrow, as the song goes, is a day away, and Zack Darlington will indeed, have his day.

“He’s very mature for a young man,” Rick Darlington said. “I’m just blessed to be his dad.”

He'll practice without contact.

Makes sense. Why risk anything when he is redshirting.

• 2 weeks later...