SIGNED QB Zack Darlington

knapplc

On Big Red Wrap Up today they mentioned that Coach Pelini was visiting him today and was having dinner with the Darlington family.

Callahan also said it sounds like they expect him to be cleared and play again. Hard to believe and not sure its really worth it.

Definitely sounded pretty bad. But he can go at least 18 months with no contact and 23 month would get him all the way to fall camp his RS Frosh year (if he is held out of spring ball). Either he's going to be fine by then or won't ever be. Either way, they should know.

On Big Red Wrap Up today they mentioned that Coach Pelini was visiting him today and was having dinner with the Darlington family.

Callahan also said it sounds like they expect him to be cleared and play again. Hard to believe and not sure its really worth it.

Cant keep the guy from his dream I guess. No matter what the cost.

Apopka only lost that first game and is back in the state finals.

He's been playing scout team QB for them for the last month but no contact. He'll be here for spring ball.

Apparently he hasn't had to continue seeing doctors but also hasn't been totally cleared. Sounds like he plans to participate in spring ball but likely still no contact. But they expect him to be cleared by August - although he could very likely redshirt.

I was having a beer or three with a friend who's seen Darlington play on more than a few occasions. Unprovoked, he said to me "Nebraskas got a good one with Darlington. He's gonna be the best option quarterback Nebraskas ever had." I laughed, and gave him a quick history lesson. How quickly these Florida boys forget.

I truly believe he will be coming in ready to compete for the job. Not saying he will win it but to me Armstrong left me with a lot of concerns (turnovers). I think the spot is WIDE open. Stanton is supposed to be special and was leading the Elite 11 show until he had to miss some events to play a flag football game for his high school team, and that is saying something considering the other QB's there (Hackenerg, Goff, etc.). The biggest obstacle in Darlington's way is the playbook. This could be interesting.

I truly believe he will be coming in ready to compete for the job. Not saying he will win it but to me Armstrong left me with a lot of concerns (turnovers). I think the spot is WIDE open. Stanton is supposed to be special and was leading the Elite 11 show until he had to miss some events to play a flag football game for his high school team, and that is saying something considering the other QB's there (Hackenerg, Goff, etc.). The biggest obstacle in Darlington's way is the playbook. This could be interesting.

Playbook and the fact that he had such a traumatic brain injury that he couldn't speak properly. My guess is he doesn't get tackled again until august 2015.

Playbook and the fact that he had such a traumatic brain injury that he couldn't speak properly. My guess is he doesn't get tackled again until august 2015.

I think if they really thought that were the case we would be taking another QB in this class... You could very well be right though. You never know with sever concussions.

I think if they really thought that were the case we would be taking another QB in this class... You could very well be right though. You never know with sever concussions.

Quinton flowers is getting a lot of attention.

Quinton flowers is getting a lot of attention.

If that is the case then same goes for him! If there were ever a year for a true freshman to take the spot this would be it. Not down on Armstrong or Stanton at all, excited about their potential, but just saying.

Darlington will redshirt next season.

Really no exceptions to that as far as I know.

No doubt about that. Just happy to hear he can take contact again. If that is what he means by playing in January that is.

I admittedly read that pretty fast but I didn't see anything saying he would actually be practicing. Did I miss it?

I would guess he will be in drills but will be no contact through spring ball. But that's totally a guess on my part.