SIGNED QB Zack Darlington

knapplc

I just don't see him playing another down. Safety first. We'll be happy to have him learn under Ganz.

If Ganz stays. This is the last year Joe can be a GA at Nebraska. He will need to find a full-time job somewhere.

Joe Ganz will have a lot of options. Watson will be up for a HC gig somewhere as will Tim Beck. Ganz will have a lot options.

So, do you think Ganz will have options? :D

This should be the time to put Barney in the athletic Office and and give TE to Garrison and have Ganz take over QBs from Beck.

I don't see Beck getting a HC job anywhere desirable....he is erratic at best.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, obviously I don't know this kid, but I would be afraid for him if he ever took the field at Nebraska or anywhere for that matter. After going through all the back surgeries, neck injury and now heart problems because of Nerve damage at a young age (37) I can honestly say it is not worth it. He needs to get over the draw to field as a player and maybe get there in another way.

I hope Zack joins the team and they redshirt him. He learns the playbook, but doesnt practice-- no contact

Let him get 100% healthy.. get a good education and if he can ever play without adverse side effects, you let him play... but I care much more about his future than him playing just because he got a schollie.

That would be a possibility. No contact for almost two years and see how he is.

It sounds like the first tire concussion was so bad, any concussion (evidence: 2nd concussion) hereafter will be a serious threat to his health. Hopefully the badass new technology in east stadium can give us an idea whether he should ever play again.

My son just started tackle ball this year and has taken some time to get tough...basically me telling him he has to suck it up and get back out there at times. But sh#t, if he couldn't talk right after 2 serious serious concussions--I'd have a hard time putting him back out ever.

I played for 17 years and I don't care if my son played 7 games if he couldn't talk right. Do what's best long term, Dar--a long long long to live after playing football.

• 5 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
On Big Red Wrap Up today they mentioned that Coach Pelini was visiting him today and was having dinner with the Darlington family.

Callahan also said it sounds like they expect him to be cleared and play again. Hard to believe and not sure its really worth it.