Why Wyoming Can Beat Nebraska - from the blogs at WyoNation

knapplc

Alright so here is my theory on how Wyoming wins

First: I have noticed Pelini struggle against mobile quarterbacks. Brett Smith is fairly moble. To make up for a poor running game Wyoming will rely on Wr screens and fly sweeps with players like Heron and Miller.

2nd: Huskers play down to there opponent like they have in the past. You have all seen them get to the red zone only to punt after 5 penalties in a row. Maybe a fumble or int thrown in for good measure

3rd: ? I don't know. Maybe the huskers play the second string. But that hasn't happened in years. Seriously does Martinez have a backup?

I could see you guys winning a couple of ways.

1. The unforeseeable happens (e.g. Iowa State 2009).

That's the only way I see them winning is if we turn the ball over a half dozen times or more...

I will give them that Martinez does stare down the receiver that he is going to. I hope that he worked on that in the off season.

Now what this reminds me of is two years ago when we beat our first 2 opponents by 20 to 30 points and we were pissed off about it. Then Washington comes in all happy and giddy thinking they are going to win when they barely won over Eastern Washington and Hawaii.

If we line up and run the football 60 times out of 70 plays I don't see us losing because we are just flat out better than them. We are bigger, faster, stronger, have more depth, and have I mentioned faster????

The only way I see Wyo keeping it close is if Brett Smith is Russell Wilson. Which he is not. Or we decide to hand the ball to the other team 5+ times.

If we lose either of these two weeks we have some serious issues on our football team that not even our staff knows about.

Christensen was the OC at Mizzou when they had Daniel and Maclin and those chumps. Christensen's offense plays completely into our strengths as a defense. I see a lot of 3rd and 7s and Randy Gregory running off the edge to get after the QB in those situations.

For a 28 pt favorite some of you do get riled up fairly easily.

Thats just it. If we don't win by 30 or more, there will be Husker fans on here calling for Bo's head. Go back to the beginning of the 2011 season and look at those threads when we blew out the first two teams. It was getting pretty heated.

Anyway, I don't think that Wyo fans realize that our D is notorious for deflating the offense in the late 3rd and 4th qts, especially to lower rated schools.

Thats just it. If we don't win by 30 or more, there will be Husker fans on here calling for Bo's head. Go back to the beginning of the 2011 season and look at those threads when we blew out the first two teams. It was getting pretty heated.

Anyway, I don't think that Wyo fans realize that our D is notorious for deflating the offense in the late 3rd and 4th qts, especially to lower rated schools.

But the guys who were downers we probably more right than we knew at the time. When it came to the defense anyways.

For a 28 pt dog, some of you like to run off at the keyboard quite a bit.

Hope i didn't offend you or anyone else. I'm just here for a little friendly banter.

No, you're just fine. That was directed at some others.

I don't mind anyone here. As long as they have some fun and don't act like a jerk.