Burkhead

Wasn't he drafted in the 5th? How often does a team cut a 5th round rookie?

6th round. The two guys drafted ahead of Burkhead are not on the 53 man roster, presumably due to injuries. Hard to say whether they'll end up with the Bengals after they return from their injuries.

This is the first step. I think he has the tools to make it in the NFL. I see a guy like Danny Woodhead for example and all that he's done in this league. Rex can make it. A great runner who won't blow you away with his speed but he has great vision, good instincts and I LOVE that he can catch the ball too.

This is the first step. I think he has the tools to make it in the NFL. I see a guy like Danny Woodhead for example and all that he's done in this league. Rex can make it. A great runner who won't blow you away with his speed but he has great vision, good instincts and I LOVE that he can catch the ball too.

Glad he made the team, but part of me was hoping he would get cut. Don't care for the Bengals, and word on the street was the Steelers were gonna scoop him up as soon as got cut. He would've had a bigger role in PIT than what he'll have for Cincy.

Glad he made the team, but part of me was hoping he would get cut. Don't care for the Bengals, and word on the street was the Steelers were gonna scoop him up as soon as got cut. He would've had a bigger role in PIT than what he'll have for Cincy.

That's why he made the team. Herron outplayed him, but the Bengals didn't want to lose him and knew he'd get picked up when put on waivers. They felt Herron would get through waivers and end up on their practice squad again. As a Steelers fan, I'm disappointed. I would have loved to have Rex on my team.

Really? Just curious, where did hear that? The strange thing though is that the Bengals offensive line is actually regarded as one of the more promising young lines in the league.