Tommy Armstrong

I doubt the coaching staff wanted to risk an INT that late in the game breaking in a Freshman, even being up by that much. Apparently there are groups out there that keep track of statistics and numbers and the little green men tell me that Nebraska hasn't fared well on that turnover statistic recently. Perhaps just a little good will towards keeping the masses happy and not chancing coughing it up. But yes I too am excited to see Mr. Armstrong throw some.

I thought Kellog threw pretty well, too. If Taylor went down I think our offense would change a bit, but I have a reasonable amount of confidence that Kellog at least has the ability, if not the experience, to deliver the ball to our receivers.

Tommy was really something else. Maybe it's because we've all heard so many good things about him, but his demeanor, the way he carried himself out there, he just really looks the part.

Regarding Armstrong not throwing, I am not doubting he can. His high school reel shows he can throw- I'm simply referring to his mechanics and ability; of which were far superior to Taylor's during high school -but I'm still not sure I like him over Stanton for the future.

-but I'm still not sure I like him over Stanton for the future.

Honestly I agree with that. The way they talk Stanton up he could truly be a force in the next couple seasons. Hard to imagine Armstrong as a backup but if JS is half as good as they say it will be a battle for the QB spot next year.

• Fire 1

-but I'm still not sure I like him over Stanton for the future.

Honestly I agree with that. The way they talk Stanton up he could truly be a force in the next couple seasons. Hard to imagine Armstrong as a backup but if JS is half as good as they say it will be a battle for the QB spot next year.

It will be a great qb battle, I just hope whoever they pick, the fans will support which is HIGHLY unlikely.

Seeing TA get snaps last night I really thought he looks very comfortable out there. I know it's a small sample size, but he just looks like a natural. I really would have liked to see him throw the ball a bit like others have stated. Still, I'm going to enjoy this season, but the thoughts crept into my mind about the future. The way some of these young guys look on defense, combined with the talent on offense. Woo baby it could be real fun to watch this team for the next few years.

I thought Kellog threw pretty well, too. If Taylor went down I think our offense would change a bit, but I have a reasonable amount of confidence that Kellog at least has the ability, if not the experience, to deliver the ball to our receivers.

Tommy was really something else. Maybe it's because we've all heard so many good things about him, but his demeanor, the way he carried himself out there, he just really looks the part.

Taylor goes down for anything more than a half I don't believe Kellogg's arm talent will matter. He won't be on the field.