Tommy Armstrong

-but I'm still not sure I like him over Stanton for the future.

Honestly I agree with that. The way they talk Stanton up he could truly be a force in the next couple seasons. Hard to imagine Armstrong as a backup but if JS is half as good as they say it will be a battle for the QB spot next year.

A big part of it will be Beck (if he is still OC)

Yeah I see Beck getting lured away by 2015. If that happens do we petition to get Frost back from Oregon?

Honestly I agree with that. The way they talk Stanton up he could truly be a force in the next couple seasons. Hard to imagine Armstrong as a backup but if JS is half as good as they say it will be a battle for the QB spot next year.

A big part of it will be Beck (if he is still OC) comfort level with TA/Stanton. Beck has a lot more plays at his disposal than you think - he just doesn't have faith in Taylor's skill set - and I'm not sure how he feels about Johnny at this point.

That said, Tommy will have game experience + an extra year under his belt + experience and chemistry with the 1s already. Depending on his knee....

This was what I was going to say. They were probably building confidence for Tommy (about his knee). Give him straight forward plays where he doesn't have to worry about getting hit while looking for a receiver and can just run and test that knee.

I've already decided to be mad when they name Johnny Armstrong the starter.

Because when that happens, then Johnny Stanton will become the most popular QB on the roster. Because that's how it works. :lol:

You missed it NUance lol.

Ha ha! Yes, I did. :lol:

A big part of it will be Beck (if he is still OC) comfort level with TA/Stanton. Beck has a lot more plays at his disposal than you think - he just doesn't have faith in Taylor's skill set - and I'm not sure how he feels about Johnny at this point.

That said, Tommy will have game experience + an extra year under his belt + experience and chemistry with the 1s already. Depending on his knee....

Dont think that there is a coincidence that Ron saw time before TA. Also I dont see Beck being here past 2015 or so.

BTW, no way Frost comes here. No way does Bo Pelini ever hire him.

So who do you guys think will win the QB battle next spring? Tommy Stanton or Johnny Armstrong?

I don't think anyone will win it in the spring, and maybe not in the fall either. It might end up like Crouch/Newcombe or Martinez/Green

You totally missed it bro. I was piggybacking off of your earlier post lol

So who do you guys think will win the QB battle next spring? Tommy Stanton or Johnny Armstrong?

I don't think anyone will win it in the spring, and maybe not in the fall either. It might end up like Crouch/Newcombe or Martinez/Green

You totally missed it bro. I was piggybacking off of your earlier post lol

awesome.

Just my observation, but I think Armstrong is more talented. Never been super impressed with Johnny Stanton. Actually liked Darlington more than him as well. Whoever wins the job will probably be the one who has the best grasp of the offense.

Racist.

Pretty sure you're joking, but no. I think Tommy has better natural arm talent, even though he was more raw coming out of high school. I think it'd give a slight edge to TA in running ability as well because of his quickness. I haven't seen a ton of Johnny, but I have never been impressed with his arm, and I don't know how well his running ability will translate to college, and especially in our offense. I know he did well at the Elite 11, but in the one game I saw him play, he looked very poor throwing the football and not terrific on the run. He also had the benefit of playing in behind a line composed entirely of D1 guys. He does seem like a gamer, a great leader, and just all around good guy and that can often mean more than raw ability, which he has as well. Feel free to disagree, but I think TA wins the job running away.

• Fire 1